The Alloa Athletic Thread

An update from the gaffer on the official site whilst he is still on holiday. Benedictus is joining a full time team. Also a powerful French 21 year old striker who's been playing in Serie B who sees Alloa as a good platform is one of the trialists joining us for pre season along with youngsters from the premiership who he has been monitoring. He believes we'll have a entertaining and capable squad.

http://alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=1267&mid=2

An update from the gaffer on the official site whilst he is still on holiday. Benedictus is joining a full time team. Also a powerful French 21 year old striker who's been playing in Serie B who sees Alloa as a good platform is one of the trialists joining us for pre season along with youngsters from the premiership who he has been monitoring. He believes we'll have a entertaining and capable squad.

Interesting times ahead, nice to see the gaffer is on the ball even whilst on holiday.

Maybe it's Noel Makombo resurfacing

Edited by Waspy

I had forgotten all about Makombo. Where did he end up?

In my Montrose Football Manager team. Goal machine.

I looked a while back, and there's not a fucking trace of the boy on Google. Really tragic if he's ended up running the tills in a French supermarket just because of football clubs bickering over his contract.

Shame about Bene, but you can understand. Wouldn't have thought he'd get knocked back if he rocked up at one of the full-time Championship clubs, at least.

Won't be getting too carried away about our prospects until we've actually got enough players signed to constitute a first team squad :P

Been trying to look up this French boy on the net. Could only find a 21yo boy playing with bologna. Doubt it's him as he doesn't look like a powerhouse lol

Was having a nosey about looking up this 21 year old French boy yous are apparently in for. The above player's name is Abdallah Yaisien, was out on loan last season but he is an attacking midfielder, not a striker. There is no trace of a 21 year old, serie b French striker anywhere on the internet so this is probably your safest bet.

Been trying to look up this French boy on the net. Could only find a 21yo boy playing with bologna. Doubt it's him as he doesn't look like a powerhouse lol

Was having a nosey about looking up this 21 year old French boy yous are apparently in for. The above player's name is Abdallah Yaisien, was out on loan last season but he is an attacking midfielder, not a striker. There is no trace of a 21 year old, serie b French striker anywhere on the internet so this is probably your safest bet.

I was also looking about and found nothing. Probably some serie b reserve player...

Mark Docherty. Opinions?

Great player, can change the outcome of a game. A lot of the things he does may go unnotices or not appreciated as much as it maybe should have been and it wont be till you think back how good of a game he had.

Might aswell call us Dumbarton Feeder FC for next season.

You can but hope that the Lennster is thinking we'll have better players than Sparky and Kev next season.

He might be right, but Dumbarton are probably thinking they don't have to worry about automatic relegation already.

You can but hope that the Lennster is thinking we'll have better players than Sparky and Kev next season.

He might be right, but Dumbarton are probably thinking they don't have to worry about automatic relegation already.

Long, long way to go to be thinking anything like that. We've made an encouraging start in regards to the squad build but I've no doubt we're missing out on some targets to other teams too. A lot of teams rebuilding so it's anyone's guess as to how they turn out on the pitch, never mind on paper.

Sparky is no great loss in my opinion. When we got promoted to championship Hartley punted him probably recognising that as much he was a solid player he wasn't going to be good enough for the step up. I thought he struggled at times last season and looked out of his depth at that level playing in midfield and it looks like Lennon didn't push the boat out to keep him. Definitely better midfielders out there that will be available, wish him well but not devastated that he has left.

This is the boy I found. Doesn't fit the description we have.