Alistair McCoist

Maybe even yorkshire?

Pretty big, is Yorkshire. Even the various Ridings are fairly large. Hardly narrowing the search, are we?

Anyhoo, any sign of Agent Roberts getting your shower into any kind of shape to give us a competitive game anytime in the next decade? ;)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty big, is Yorkshire. Even the various Ridings are fairly large. Hardly narrowing the search, are we?

Anyhoo, any sign of Agent Roberts getting your shower into any kind of shape to give us a competitive game anytime in the next decade? ;)

Yes, this current Ayr team are a shambles

they should be more than capable of a 6-6 draw with your shitfest

Yes, this current Ayr team are a shambles

they should be more than capable of a 6-6 draw with your shitfest

Scoring 6 goals against the mighty celtic, you keep on reaching for stars my twittering friend.

McCoist is one of those Old Firm players that we still liked ... he obviously has a good sense of humour and didn't take himself to seriously - on the pitch (in Scottish football anyhoo) he was lethal and a player I was delighted to see on the team sheet ahead of Scotland games.

I think Rangers prepared him perfectly for the managerial role - mentoring by Smith with cup games his responsibility.

Once he was in the role as his 'own man' though it became clear that despite the preparation he wasn't a very good football manager - had Rangers not gone tits-up he would have been punted long ago because Rangers fans wouldn't have been that tolerant of his shortcomings in the SPL (IMO anyhoo)

His value though has been in rallying of the troops since liquidation - his contribution to the cause has been absolutely priceless and he's helped galvanise a support that has helped carry 'Rangers' through all the shit - much of this though has been down to his utter ignorance of some of the facts and his call to demand names was shameless - unfortunately for most of us that killed off the 'cheeky chappy' McCoist that we liked.

In summary - a vital part of the 'Rangers' journey ... just off the pitch rather than on it, and a guy who's standing and status at 'Rangers' is virtually without parallel - A legend to those that matter to him and an utter cock to those that don't.

I love how the D's and P's vary over when they want transparency, they have more faces than the toon clock.

I think it's only fair to have transparency over a clumpany that went tits up only 2 years ago,

McCoist is one of those Old Firm players that we still liked ... he obviously has a good sense of humour and didn't take himself to seriously - on the pitch (in Scottish football anyhoo) he was lethal and a player I was delighted to see on the team sheet ahead of Scotland games.

I think Rangers prepared him perfectly for the managerial role - mentoring by Smith with cup games his responsibility.

Once he was in the role as his 'own man' though it became clear that despite the preparation he wasn't a very good football manager - had Rangers not gone tits-up he would have been punted long ago because Rangers fans wouldn't have been that tolerant of his shortcomings in the SPL (IMO anyhoo)

His value though has been in rallying of the troops since liquidation - his contribution to the cause has been absolutely priceless and he's helped galvanise a support that has helped carry 'Rangers' through all the shit - much of this though has been down to his utter ignorance of some of the facts and his call to demand names was shameless - unfortunately for most of us that killed off the 'cheeky chappy' McCoist that we liked.

In summary - a vital part of the 'Rangers' journey ... just off the pitch rather than on it, and a guy who's standing and status at 'Rangers' is virtually without parallel - A legend to those that matter to him and an utter cock to those that don't.

Good post.

He has charm and has done noble things which were symbolically powerful like carry Tommy Burns' coffin into his requiem mass (not single handedly).

He's also done lots of dog whistling and has either been duplicitous or staggeringly ignorant in endorsing a succession of shysters.

Obviously, there's little debate to be had about his ability as a manager. It's worth remembering that even during his Cup apprenticeship, Wattie had to sometimes grab the wheel, like when big JT powered us level in the final.

To my mind he has yet to be properly tested as a Manager. Time will tell if he can make a success of his current position.

As a human being, on the one occasion I had contact with him, he was friendly, good humoured and helpful in the extreme. Out of the spotlight, he was naturally co-operative and couldn't do enough to assist me.

I think that sometimes people forget that they are talking about another human being, with feelings and emotions just like the rest of us.

As for the football side of things, I hope we are the first League One team to beat them. I can live with the disappointment he would feel.

I really hope he stays as the comedy fantastic. As a person he is a Cad. Green paid him 850,000 per year, plus 900,000 valued share options to sell season tickets. He personally pocketed around 3m at least since Green revolution in salary, options and bonuses.

Right. Sounds realistic. But this is Rangers, so who knows.

I've always quite liked Ally McCoist, he seems like a decent guy and rather more eloquent than your average footballer. He was also a great player. But as a manager, he's not only doing a bad job, he's damaging Rangers. Against Raith they played a 4-5-1 and played everything long towards Daly. Most of his midfield have retrogressed, and Templeton's career may be ruined beyond all repair.

McCoist has also said a load of really daft things because he, essentially, is a Rangers fan. He needs to leave the job for his own good and for the club.

Rangers: Ally McCoist's track record of failure continues
_73371702_imag0004_2.jpgBy Tom EnglishBBC Scotland

Not since Tony Blair stepped down from high office has Gordon Brown's face beamed so brightly.

Sitting with his sons and his brothers, the former Prime Minister joined the massed ranks of Raith Rovers fans in riotous acclamation of a result that sparked jubilation in one section of Easter Road and fury in all others.

John Baird's winner, put away on the rebound four minutes from the end of extra-time, lent drama to an otherwise wretched final. Moments after the last whistle, you looked to the Rangers sections of the stadium and they were as desolate as their defence had been when the ball broke loose off Cammy Bell for Baird to thump home the winner.

_74073766_thomson.jpg

Raith Rovers captain Jason Thomson lifts the Ramsdens Cup

It was a lovely moment for Raith Rovers, who hardly threatened all day. A smash and grab. Rangers had the dominance and most of the chances, but it did them no good. They were short on ideas and woefully short on accuracy. Ally McCoist left the arena looking like a man who had seen a ghost.

Maybe he had. Maybe the Rangers manager was having flashbacks.

The longer this final went on, the more you thought of McCoist's myriad torments in cup football as manager of Rangers, the track record of failure that had a cherry applied on top here, courtesy of Baird.

The convulsion against Forfar in the League Cup earlier this season.

The shellackings at the hands of Dundee United and Inverness in the Scottish Cup and League Cup last year and the year before last.

The painful exit against Queen of the South in the Ramsdens Cup that went before.

The embarrassing loss against Falkirk in the League Cup in 2011 in the pre-liquidation age, a night when Rangers still contrived to lose despite playing a coltish Falkirk while having all their own go-to players on the pitch.

The catastrophic losses to Maribor and Malmoin Europe that same season.

Now this.

With five minutes of normal time remaining at Easter Road, the ball came floating across the Raith Rovers penalty area to the back post, where Bilel Mohsni lay in wait, unmarked and favourite to score.

In an act entirely in keeping with what went on in the previous 85 minutes, Mohsni made a mess of it, his header flying over and into the Rangers fans behind the goal he had so lamentably failed to trouble. How utterly ruinous that miss proved to be.

Mohsni's moment was just one more terrible mistake piled high atop an error mountain that reached high into the Edinburgh sky.

With its colours and its noise and its full house, the final looked and sounded like a big occasion, but when referee Kevin Clancy got things underway, the reality kicked in.

Play media
_74073475_9803455.jpg

Highlights - Raith Rovers 1-0 Rangers

Two poor teams. Neither with the capacity to unlock the other until that last act. Scrambling defence usually got in the way. Or hopeless execution. Mostly hopeless execution.

For all of the opening half - and for much of what followed thereafter - this could not have been any more slapstick had the Three Stooges stood in the middle of the park hitting each other with wet fish.

Maybe it improved as time went on - at least there were some chances - but only by a degree or two and only from the stultifying mess it had been in the opening half. An eyesore.

Ian Black was emblematic of what went on. It is perhaps unfair to pick out one player above all others for treatment, but Black's deterioration since he joined Rangers has been unmistakable.

He has played - and bossed - bigger cup finals than this. The reason Rangers signed him in the first place and gave him such an outlandish wage, in Scottish terms, was because he has done it on a decent stage with Hearts.

In that first half, the only leadership and direction Black offered happened to bring Rangers down a dead-end route. His first act was a free-kick that went sailing beyond its target - a pattern that continued. He got the ball and he hit it too long. He got it back and he hit it too short.

_74073764_rangersfan.jpg

Most Rangers supporters left Easter Road immediately after the final whistle but some stayed in disbelief

In Black's head, he must think he is some gorgeous amalgam of Xavi and Andres Iniesta. In reality, too often, he was Mr Magoo. Whatever chance Rangers had of building momentum crashed and burned with Black.

It says something about their opponents that Rangers still had the game's best moments despite their terrible deficiencies. Black had a shot tipped over by Lee Robinson in the Rovers goal, Mohsni set the scene for his latter miss by having one earlier from similar range, Stevie Smith had a fine shot turned away by Rovers' goalkeeper.

Rare snapshots of excitement.

On it went, Rangers trying to play but failing. Raith Rovers attempting to spark something but incapable. Any time a breakthrough threatened, a pass went astray or a bad decision was made.

Lee Wallace failed to pick out Nicky Law. Callum Booth failed to hit the target. Mohsni failed - somehow - with that point-blank header and the final carried on into extra-time, what little life it had in it being drained slowly.

When Law's shot slapped off one of Robinson's posts, the mind started to turn to penalties, but then Baird appeared on the scene and settled it. Rovers had their win and McCoist had another chapter in the feeble story of his cup experiences while in charge at Rangers.

Despite the joyous ructions among the Raith Rovers supporters, it was still possible to hear the eruptions of their counterparts. Boos rang out from the Rangers fans.

There cannot have been shock at their side's terrible shortcomings - they have seen this kind of thing many times before - but there was an unmistakeable air of resentment.

If some of it - all of it - was directed at McCoist, then no wonder. This was as bad a day for him as it was a celebration for his opposite number, Grant Murray. The Raith Rovers manager left the capital with a trophy in the bag. McCoist departed with a heap of trouble on his hands.

Trying to play the same system he learned under Walter Smith. Trouble is the players are just not good enough..doesn't help playing players out of position constantly.. Honestly feel we need to advertise this job as far and wide as possible surely we could attract a better coach/manager..on less money as well..durrant and mcdowall need to go aswell.. Fresh ideas and new training methods required..no more old pals act..the little support mccoist had has dwindled away...

I think we owe the rest of the Championship a massive apology. This may well be the end of Sooper Dooper Fat Salary McCoists reign as manager at Clone Rangers FC.

If they appoint ANY manager into that position they'll be light years better than that Rangers imitating dross on the park yesterday.

Oh.....aye....

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Trying to play the same system he learned under Walter Smith. Trouble is the players are just not good enough..doesn't help playing players out of position constantly.. Honestly feel we need to advertise this job as far and wide as possible surely we could attract a better coach/manager..on less money as well..durrant and mcdowall need to go aswell.. Fresh ideas and new training methods required..no more old pals act..the little support mccoist had has dwindled away...

I think we'd better with someone who knows the Scottish game.

Agree with most of what you said, the players should be good enough but the manager and coaching system does them no favours.

Enough has been mentioned prior; mccoist is a duff manager and should just pack it in, etc, etc.

But, the fans and club only have themselves to blame, believing in mccoist "because he's a proper rangers man", was the start of the slippery slope.

On the other side of this debacle are the players. Some of them are supposed to be "seasoned" professionals.

After watching yesterday's display you wouldn't beleive it.

No thought shown.

No real commitment.

They couldn't string three passes together.

No leadership on the field.

Looking for fouls to gain an advantage over Raith, this was the saddest part.

It's all well and good taking pot shots at mccoist, he does put himself up for ridicule. But, the "seasoned" professionals should shoulder a lot of the blame as well. They should be leading from the front, and using their voices more to berate their team mates rather than referee.

I haven't seen a full game involving The rangers before, but, on yesterday's viewing, their team at the moment are total dross (I was trying to think of something kinder to say, but, that's all I could come up with).

Archived