Alistair McCoist

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the worst thing that could happen for all the Championship sides next season is if Ally was to be replaced. His managerial qualities were all there yesterday to been seen & he was nowhere near....Ally Must Stay, if will be magic next season

Enough has been mentioned prior; mccoist is a duff manager and should just pack it in, etc, etc.

But, the fans and club only have themselves to blame, believing in mccoist "because he's a proper rangers man", was the start of the slippery slope.

On the other side of this debacle are the players. Some of them are supposed to be "seasoned" professionals.

After watching yesterday's display you wouldn't beleive it.

No thought shown.

No real commitment.

They couldn't string three passes together.

No leadership on the field.

Looking for fouls to gain an advantage over Raith, this was the saddest part.

It's all well and good taking pot shots at mccoist, he does put himself up for ridicule. But, the "seasoned" professionals should shoulder a lot of the blame as well. They should be leading from the front, and using their voices more to berate their team mates rather than referee.

I haven't seen a full game involving The rangers before, but, on yesterday's viewing, their team at the moment are total dross (I was trying to think of something kinder to say, but, that's all I could come up with).

In fairness, Neil Lennon is afforded the same virtue at Parkhead..........admittedly he has improved as a manager but he's still not that great.

In fairness, Neil Lennon is afforded the same virtue at Parkhead..........admittedly he has improved as a manager but he's still not that great.

I agree. Lennon isn't that great. But still.........

Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCoist :D

Tell me about it.

Never been overly impressed by him as a manager either. How some people think he is EPL material is beyond me. He'd have his work cut out in the English 1st.

Edit: By the 1st, I mean League 1 not the Championship, that would probably be a step too far as well unless it were one of the relegation yo-yo teams.

Can rangers actually afford to get rid of sally???? He would be due a fair bit surely.

A new guy might want a long term deal to takeover.....will they be able to do this???

I honestly don't think Rangers could have been any worse yesterday than if they had included entry to a raffle when you buy a season ticket and the winner gets to be the manager. Then have open trials for all other season ticket holders and pick the best 15. Instant improvement.

I agree. Lennon isn't that great. But still.........

Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCoist :D

lol....That I never questioned! McCoist is my (and all other Championship) Club's best chance of promotion next season! ;)

Tell me about it.

Never been overly impressed by him as a manager either. How some people think he is EPL material is beyond me. He'd have his work cut out in the English 1st.

Edit: By the 1st, I mean League 1 not the Championship, that would probably be a step too far as well unless it were one of the relegation yo-yo teams.

He'll certainly have no hiding place down there in the EPL.

Lennon is passable as Celtic manager. He has had both successes and failures. Qualifying from last years Champions League was a huge success, and one that he deserves congratulated on. Some of his signings have been very good as well, the scouting system Celtic have in place has been largely impressive. How much Lennon has to with that though, is anyone's guess.

His failures in the Cups can't be overlooked though. Very, very poor.

I'd give him a 6.8/10 for his time at Celtic. He's be out of his depth in the English game, that much is obvious to anyone.

Fat Sally on the otherhand has done an absolutely shocking job at the Buns. There isn't a single aspect of the job he should be congratulated on. An out and out failure.

And he's become a right horrible c**t of a person over the last 7/8 years, which is a shame because he did seem relatively sound. He looks awful as well, aged about 20 years. He really ought to give up football coaching. He's doing himself no favours.

Fat Sally gets a 2/10.

Absolutely hilarious stuff. The club desperately needs to shift season tickets so what better way to do it than play dreadful football and lose the Ramsdens cup final to Raith Rovers.

Could be a very, very bad few weeks/months for Sevco coming up.

Doesn't matter what happens on the park - Sally gets hoofed, the Cardigan of Dignity gets dusted down again, ST money pours in, Wattie "retires" again, the job goes to either Durrant (in the unlikely event that football knowledge and experience is an issue), or the Dream Team of McDowall and Big Hoose Guy if they want "proper rangers men".

Couldnt give a fúck what kind of weeks/months the Govan Doppelgangers have, tbh, but it promises to be another entertaining Summer for the rest of us. :lol:

Lennon is passable as Celtic manager. He has had both successes and failures. Qualifying from last years Champions League was a huge success, and one that he deserves congratulated on. Some of his signings have been very good as well, the scouting system Celtic have in place has been largely impressive. How much Lennon has to with that though, is anyone's guess.

His failures in the Cups can't be overlooked though. Very, very poor.

I'd give him a 6.8/10 for his time at Celtic. He's be out of his depth in the English game, that much is obvious to anyone.

Fat Sally on the otherhand has done an absolutely shocking job at the Buns. There isn't a single aspect of the job he should be congratulated on. An out and out failure.

And he's become a right horrible c**t of a person over the last 7/8 years, which is a shame because he did seem relatively sound. He looks awful as well, aged about 20 years. He really ought to give up football coaching. He's doing himself no favours.

Fat Sally gets a 2/10.

Have to disagree on that one.

Surely he should be at least 7.1/10?

I think Rangers have missed a fantastic opportunity to develop their youth policy and grow their own great young players. Instead they've wasted money on high earning under-performers. This isn't necessarily exclusively Ally's fault though.

For me, the rot really set in when the team was booked into the 4* Carnoustie hotel. His attitude was "I'll keep spending til I'm told I can't".

That's maybe fair enough for Nigella Lawson' PAs, but for someone who is "rangers through and through" and genuinely wants the best for the club, would you not stop and think about how necessary the spending was? They were playing Forfar ffs! It takes less than 2 hours to drive from Glasgow to Forfar. And Forfar are a club with part time players........ Is it really necessary to have all these elaborate and expensive preparations?

The club had just announced cost cutting measures, and asked the players to take a 15% wage cut the week before. He himself had just had his wages reduced after having offered to take a cut months previously. He knew they were pink lint, so why keep pressing on with these expensive measures is he GENUINELY wants the best for the club?

I wasn't feeling very confident about this weekend, not having seen much of Rangers this year. United haven't been playing particularly well recently, despite being on a winning run. The games we've won lately haven't been due to skilful, silky play. We can be seriously dodgy at the back, and are pretty inconsistent. The game against celtic last week highlights us perfectly........ Woeful in the first half, more dogged in the 2nd half. However, Rangers will be well up for it on Saturday, and if we have a bad day, we could well be punished. I just hope United are not complacent and arrogant enough to think they can't lose (although that Erse Gunning seems to be in that frame of mind).

After watching the Ramsden Cup Final though, I DO feel a wee bit more confident. I couldn't believe how bad Rangers were. That Mohsni is pure garbage. They don't even have the excuse of having a team of young lads, with the likes of Mcculloch, Wallace, Daly, Bell, Black etc.

I think it's time for Ally to go. It would be a shame if he was hounded out, as he saw the club through their worst times........ But Karaoke? Really?

I think Rangers have missed a fantastic opportunity to develop their youth policy and grow their own great young players. Instead they've wasted money on high earning under-performers. This isn't necessarily exclusively Ally's fault though.

For me, the rot really set in when the team was booked into the 4* Carnoustie hotel. His attitude was "I'll keep spending til I'm told I can't".

That's maybe fair enough for Nigella Lawson' PAs, but for someone who is "rangers through and through" and genuinely wants the best for the club, would you not stop and think about how necessary the spending was? They were playing Forfar ffs! It takes less than 2 hours to drive from Glasgow to Forfar. And Forfar are a club with part time players........ Is it really necessary to have all these elaborate and expensive preparations?

The club had just announced cost cutting measures, and asked the players to take a 15% wage cut the week before. He himself had just had his wages reduced after having offered to take a cut months previously. He knew they were pink lint, so why keep pressing on with these expensive measures is he GENUINELY wants the best for the club?

I wasn't feeling very confident about this weekend, not having seen much of Rangers this year. United haven't been playing particularly well recently, despite being on a winning run. The games we've won lately haven't been due to skilful, silky play. We can be seriously dodgy at the back, and are pretty inconsistent. The game against celtic last week highlights us perfectly........ Woeful in the first half, more dogged in the 2nd half. However, Rangers will be well up for it on Saturday, and if we have a bad day, we could well be punished. I just hope United are not complacent and arrogant enough to think they can't lose (although that Erse Gunning seems to be in that frame of mind).

After watching the Ramsden Cup Final though, I DO feel a wee bit more confident. I couldn't believe how bad Rangers were. That Mohsni is pure garbage. They don't even have the excuse of having a team of young lads, with the likes of Mcculloch, Wallace, Daly, Bell, Black etc.

I think it's time for Ally to go. It would be a shame if he was hounded out, as he saw the club through their worst times........ But Karaoke? Really?

The only part i disagree with is the Karaoke,take it from me McCoist does a mean Bruce Springsteen, he should be heard. :)

Archived