New handsets 2016

Mik

If you get an OTA update for the OnePlus to the latest version of Cyanogen, ignore it.

Worst update I've ever installed, won't connect to mobile data after leaving wi-fi and if you don't have +44 in front of someones number in the phonebook, it doesn't show the name when they text!

Driving me bonkers so going to roll back tonight.

Edited by flyingscot

Do like the note. Any idea when the new one is to be announced?

As the S6 now has a fixed battery, I expect when the new Note comes out, probably late this year it will be probably a fixed battery too.

So you could say the S5 and the Note 4 may be the last of the high end Samsung's with removable batteries.

Those of you using the Note 4, do you think 1GB of data is not enough or OK?

Sorry realised I never answered your question. I'd prefer 2GB minimum personally but spend a lot of time working from home where I can use wi fi and when I'm out I don't use data so much. Give your current provider a call and ask them how much you're using each month just now to get a better idea.

Has anyone looked at one year contract deals?

OK monthly payment is more but works out cheaper than 2 year deal. Vodafone do this and typically its typically like £149 up front, but you usually get a lot more data (say 4GB or 6GB) as standard.

Sony Experia E4g or Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

In the market for a new handset and narrowed it down to these two. Anyone got any experience of them and could make a recommendation?

Will be buying PAYG on O2 and sticking a giffgaff SIM in.

Due an upgrade in July so any info on the s6 would be appreciated. I never really trust reviews from sites as I'd say nice things if companies sent me stuff too.

Excellent phone and very well built,fast as would be expected and outstanding camera with a quick hot key.

Very fast charger as well.

Got the i phone 6 yesterday, its the first time i have had a flash phone as i have always gone for the cheap option, persevered with a very poor sony for over a year then got a second hand i phone 4 but the new one is fantastic and I'm v happy with it

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Experia E4g or Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

In the market for a new handset and narrowed it down to these two. Anyone got any experience of them and could make a recommendation?

Will be buying PAYG on O2 and sticking a giffgaff SIM in.

No experience of the Sony. The S4 mini is OK, my gf has it but it's getting on a bit after 18 months. Not particularly powerful but it's an ok budget phone.

Had Samsungs for a while now but fancy a change. Is the HTC version of Android as encumbered with rubbish apps and interfaces as Samsung ?

The One M8 seems to have some good deals at the moment.

I've just made the move the other way, had an HTC One but have just ordered a Galaxy Note 4. HTC definitely has less crap than Samsung in my experience (based on gf's S4 Mini above) and is more standard Android.