Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I don't see any other ICT threads. Will Yogi see the season out? Is he the right guy to take the club forward.

BTW I'm not trying to stir it. I thought he was a poor appointment, a view I know that was shared by many Calley fans at the same time. Has anything changed or is the position reinforced.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I don't see any other ICT threads. Will Yogi see the season out? Is he the right guy to take the club forward.

BTW I'm not trying to stir it. I thought he was a poor appointment, a view I know that was shared by many Calley fans at the same time. Has anything changed or is the position reinforced.

IMO he won't see the season out, maybe harsh before signings but Yogi said that he didn't want to sign many new players, which at the time put me in a relegation fearing mood. Definitely not the right guy.

No doubt some CTO Ryan Christie positivity fanboy will say I'm wrong but I don't think there are many on this site.

#HughesOut

Pre-season friendlies for this surely rig mate ;)

I'm treating this as the "Official ICT Thread" for all of the witty banter and chat associated with our fine club :D

Surely that canna be their whole pre-season list of games? They're not playing any team who are at any decent level???

That Clachnacuddin fixture at Grant St, has been one of the highlights of the season for me for more years than I care to recall.

The guy who does the tannoy announcements is just priceless.

"Testin', testin' one two, one two....Can youse hear me?

" Sorry we huvnae goat ony music fur ye the nicht - the record player's nae workin' again."

Not a Hughes fan myself and I haven't yet met anyone excited or confident about his appointment Hopefully He proves me wrong but not confident at all for next season

That Clachnacuddin fixture at Grant St, has been one of the highlights of the season for me for more years than I care to recall.

The guy who does the tannoy announcements is just priceless.

"Testin', testin' one two, one two....Can youse hear me?

" Sorry we huvnae goat ony music fur ye the nicht - the record player's nae workin' again."

Love it when he reads the foreign names out and quips about these laddies not being from Inverness

So no activity on transfers.

no massive friendlies..

long summer awaits.

I think it has been well demonstrated in recent seasons that we are a club that doesn't announce anything until the appropriate time. There's no need to name players that we are looking to sign, until they actually put pen to paper. Likewise with the friendlies. There will be a lot of activity behind the scenes I have no doubt.

The signing of Tansey and the resigning of Warren, Draper, Christie, Doran etc etc all happened without a big buildup. I'm much happier with that approach.

I think it has been well demonstrated in recent seasons that we are a club that doesn't announce anything until the appropriate time. There's no need to name players that we are looking to sign, until they actually put pen to paper. Likewise with the friendlies. There will be a lot of activity behind the scenes I have no doubt.

The signing of Tansey and the resigning of Warren, Draper, Christie, Doran etc etc all happened without a big buildup. I'm much happier with that approach.

Hear hear. I'd rather be having a boring off-season than an exciting one like Hibs, Hearts or The Rangers!

Connor Pepper will be signing for Morton, any opinions on him as a player?

seemed a decent wee player about two seasons ago, scored a last minute equaliser at Hearts before this finish against Hibs

whilst he's missed being involved with the first team, he's certainly not missed a meal during his time on the sidelines and is definitely carrying a few pounds. Like Bunglebonce said, he has looked out of his depth at even U20 level as of late. My own opinion is if you get him fit, you'll still have a talented young player on your hands, and he is versatile enough to play in a range of positions. Hopefully this will be the kick up the arse he needs to fully push on as a professional player.

seemed a decent wee player about two seasons ago, scored a last minute equaliser at Hearts before this finish against Hibs

whilst he's missed being involved with the first team, he's certainly not missed a meal during his time on the sidelines and is definitely carrying a few pounds. Like Bunglebonce said, he has looked out of his depth at even U20 level as of late. My own opinion is if you get him fit, you'll still have a talented young player on your hands, and he is versatile enough to play in a range of positions. Hopefully this will be the kick up the arse he needs to fully push on as a professional player.

Aye, even the players were giving him regular pelters for being overweight. Didn't help his case when he was constantly posting pictures of food on twitter.

Played well when he burst onto the scene 2 seasons ago at RM/ACM. Then was totally out of his depth against County in the last game of the season, where he was perhaps carrying an injury. The weight piled on soon after that and contributed to him only playing U20 games last season, with many of them at RB.

Looked a good wee player when he first broke into the team but then faded out and was used very sparingly. His last game of 12/13 was against County when he buggered his ankle (I think) and went off as Butcher attempted to play as many people out of position as possible that day and he seemed to struggle to get back into the swing of things.

The season after I don't think he ever made a first team appearance. I did see him play in some friendlies and he looked okay but a bit off the pace and sadly, as others have pointed out, his fitness levels have plummeted as well. He seemed more concerning with getting in about a Dominos than he did putting a shift in on the training ground.

Archived