St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The guy that ran our bus reckons between 10-15k, I'd love it if we took 15k but its hard to judge really. I suppose we got 8,500 or so Saintees against Minsk, so 10k should be reasonable enough

15k would be some feat. This is our biggest game EVER. I think there will be a lot of non-saintees coming down to back us on the day.

Heard the tullochs been booking buses already.

They booked them about 5 minutes after we left Celtic Park, from what I heard theres definitely two booked and they want a third. They also tried to book a pub but United and Aberdeen fans had booked everything

I think because we're not utter c***s like a certain two Glasgow teams, it'll be a great crowd like 2010.

Agreed with the above poster re: Saints fans being genuinely delighted. Really looking forward to this, and it will be a great atmosphere unlike what some have said.

I thought it was around 12,000 for the last final.

This is different though, this is the Scottish Cup. This is a dream. I still can't believe its happening, the only slight downer is that its my 2nd final and it's the 2nd at Celtic Park. Won't matter come the day though.

I think we could get about 14,000 for this. Places where supporters clubs either died or near enough died, like Auchterarder and Crieff will be buzzing.

33 more sleeps....

I don't think we'd manage it now, but we took 17,500 to our one a few years back.

The scale of numbers emerging from woodwork was remarkable.

You might be pleasantly surprised.

If you look at the worldwide travel thread on we are perth, we've got fans coming from all over the place. Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, United States, all over Europe. The most exotic Saintee so far has emerged from Peru. Even one or two English people saying that their fathers were from Perth and talked about Saints when they were growing up.

I genuinely cannot wait for this match. I've gone through all the shite associated with supporting a club, Saints as a club more so than most with lost semis and last minute goals in other matches taking away promotion. Win or lose, this is absolutely a day to savour for Saintees, whether die hards, exiles or distantly related.

Today's podcast with jim spence and tommy wright summed it up for me. A 91 year old saints fan breaking down in tears when he heard the scoreline. I've waited 23 years, the papers from yesterday and today have been sealed away.

Genuinely delighted. I have had some of the worst days of my life in the past year, and saints have put a smile on my face when I'm at my lowest. Whatever happens on the day I will be smiling, my grandfather won't be going, but he was on the phone to me last night and I could hear the emotion. My mate today at work said I still looked dazed, I guess I was. It didn't hit me yesterday, I still don't think it has.

Oh and I hope TRS has got that cup final song sorted.

The cup final song should definitely be Zombie.

No way. That would suggest that Sevco were in any way relevant to this game. Which they are not. Because they are pish.

Each club's fans should just latch onto a song and just sing it to death and if you can, make it relevant to a player or manager etc. We did it with "I've got a feeling" and "Put your hands up for Detroit/Jon Daly" in 2010. I can't hear either of those songs now without thinking of the joy from the semi final and final in that cup run.

Edited by captainkev

No way. That would suggest that Sevco were in any way relevant to this game. Which they are not. Because they are pish.

Each club's fans should just latch onto a song and just sing it to death and if you can, make it relevant to a player or manager etc. We did it with "I've got a feeling" and "Put your hands up for Detroit/Jon Daly" in 2010. I can't hear either of those songs now without thinking of the joy from the semi final and final in that cup run.

This. As much I enjoyed singing Zombie on Saturday, it shouldn't play a part in the biggest game of the year for both these clubs.

Ours, depending on how Ciftci or Gauld perform could be Seven Nation Army or Gold

Edited by The Darkest Timeline

Think saints should have the advantage in this, seeing as we've never lost a scottish cup final. Ever.

Looking at Stevie May, the lad that lives in mark Reynolds' pocket, on Sunday you do wonder the kind of figures people would be banding about if he played for utd. Not a dig, as utd obviously have a few talented young players, but they do seem really good at promoting them and adding a few pounds onto their value. Unless it's purely the media who hype them. And for all the talent Armstrong, Gauld, GMS, Robertson have, I don't think any have had the same impact on the league oor hairy wee striker has had. Alright Robertson has done well, but let's be honest fullback is the easiest position on the park ;)

I'm going to get slated for this but genuinely I think May has to be a contender for player of the year as well as young player of the year