St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair play to the Saintees. Congratulations and hope you all have a great night/weekend/week/year of celebrations..... :thumsup2:thumsup2

You played your game and controlled ours. No grumbles here about the result (if still gutted).

Congrats.

Anyway, congratulations Saints, you deserved it on the day, particularly for your second half display and it's capped off a very fine season for y'all. In terms of our performance, there were similarities between it and the game against Aberdeen on new years day. The occasion seemed to get to us and we spent most of the match punting the ball up the field in the general direction of Ciftci which was bread and butter stuff for Saints defence to deal with. Gunning was particularly bad for this and I can only add to the general desire from United fans to see the back of him when this contract runs out. Sevco are welcome to him.

You can see that despite all the errors that were creeping into his game why McNamara continued to play Souttar at centre-back for us. Although he's been too laid back and careless in the past couple of months, Souttar encourages us to play out of the back rather than lump it up the pitch which suits our attacking players far better. The only really good period in the game for us imo was the last ten minutes of the first half when we were starting to put some pressure on Saints with Dow hitting the post and the winning of a few corners. At which point Saints went up the park, won a corner and scored. Footballs a bitch sometimes. And Rado's an idiot quite a lot of the time these days. Don't know what he was thinking but he let us down there.

Tbh, after the Ciftci freekick where Mannus seemed to land on the ball after it hit the bar I was resigned to our fate, and once GMS, who apart from Robertson had been the only one doing anything for us in the second half, had to go off it was pretty clear to me we were done for.

I could write a bit more about some of our players performances and which ones in particular I was disappointed with,

Armstrong

or pleased by, but I'm tired and will probably end up doing it tomorrow anyway. So instead I'll just finish with saying well done to St. Johnstone and I hope their fans enjoy their night and the parades etc. tomorrow. While I obviously wish you hadn't done it against us, I'm glad you've won a major trophy.

Armstrong was rubbish but its not his fault Jackie decided to be a fanny and play him right wing. He played him in three positions in total today after subs and all that jazz: Right wing, left wing, defensive mid with Rankin. Utter lunacy.

Armstrong was rubbish but its not his fault Jackie decided to be a fanny and play him right wing. He played him in three positions in total today after subs and all that jazz: Right wing, left wing, defensive mid with Rankin. Utter lunacy.

Armstrong's played a variety of positions this season, it wasn't his positioning that was the problem today, it was his passing, shooting and ball control. He was well below par today.

Congratulations to both sides for reaching the final. Both clubs must be proud of their achievements. Not many clubs can say they've reached the Scottish Cup Final.

Special mention must go to Saints for winning the trophy, for the first time. Well done and enjoy.

Well done St Johnstone, thoroughly deserved for an outstanding season - from knocking Rosenborg out in July to the Scottish Cup in May, not a bad 10 months! Perth will be bouncing tonight with epic scenes in the Loft, and rightly so, enjoy it. Old Geoff Brown must have sat there today and enjoyed the payback for 30 years of hard graft!

Wonderful atmosphere at the game and a good open game of football. Thought bar the last 15 in the first half, Saints were in control, ironically getting the opener after a strong period from United. Second half was brilliant, nearly had one of the great cup final goals from Wotherspoon and Robertson's drive saved by Mannus was nearly brilliant too.

The two goals were absolute brain farts from Flapniak in goal for United, but the game passed so many of their players by today. And my god Nadir Ciftci is a moaning lazy b*****d. Saints had many strong performances including James Dunne, Wotherspoon and McLean. Two centre halves were rocks too.

Credit also due to the officials, so easy to pan them so must also credit them. Totally correct to rule out May's goal from my angle and allowed the game to flow well.

Seeing my Granda's face at full time almost made up for losing the semi final, almost. Cracking game of football, credit to both and well.done Saints. Enjoy your night and many weeks of celebration.