St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I meant to add about the fans - there were several utter morons about me in the main stand and a few on the bus too. The guy (typically) right behind me had some kind of strange homophobic obsession going on, shouting random things like "the gayboy touched his f**king knob ref" when a Saints player went into a tackle. Also when my mate took a picture of the Sky studio and made a comment about Jim White this guys says "why are you doing gay things like that?"

This same guy was shouting tactical advice through the whole game, while constantly reassuring everyone around him that he knows what he's talking about because he "used to play a bit of fitba".

I don't have a particular problem with daytrippers tbh. Both teams took around 4 times their average home crowd, as did Aberdeen at their final. It's good that the lack of an OF team meant there were tickets for those who wouldn't normally be able to go to a final - not just for the match but to experience the whole day out. The atmosphere was still brilliant and the card displays looked great too.

There will always be some morons in a crowd - fanny of the day award goes to the several Utd fans who threw their scarves onto the pitch when they thought we had gone 2 down, only for it to be disallowed :lol:

"What's left of Scottish Football " :lol:

What a great advert for our game the match and the day in general was. 6 diffirent winners of the last 6 national cup competitions. Fantastic stuff, Armageddon really should happen more often.

Absolutely chuffed for my two mates who were down with the Saintees, but that's mildly tempered by the fact I'll have to consign my horrid "won f**k all" chat to history.

I've seen my team win two major trophies, albeit one as 7yr old, but I can't imagine how good it must feel to know that you were there when your team won the first one in it's long history. Especially for people like myself who are 3rd/4th generation fans, think of all those who have gone before you without getting close the Nirvana of the promised land. Just don't be making a habit out of it Saintees! ;-)

Can imagine Perth was absolutely bouncing last night. :D

"What's left of Scottish Football " :lol:

What a great advert for our game the match and the day in general was. 6 diffirent winners of the last 6 national cup competitions. Fantastic stuff, Armageddon really should happen more often.

Absolutely chuffed for my two mates who were down with the Saintees, but that's mildly tempered by the fact I'll have to consign my horrid "won f**k all" chat to history.

I've seen my team win two major trophies, albeit one as 7yr old, but I can't imagine how good it must feel to know that you were there when your team won the first one in it's long history. Especially for people like myself who are 3rd/4th generation fans, think of all those who have gone before you without getting close the Nirvana of the promised land. Just don't be making a habit out of it Saintees! ;-)

Can imagine Perth was absolutely bouncing last night. :D

f**k sake, you won your first trophy against us as well? What a lovely club we are.

Can I just add its incredibly hilarious seeing the Dundee fans all over this thread, the amount of them that seem to be trying to muscle into the celebrations is cringey to the extreme. You'd almost forget they have their own trophy to celebrate the way they seem to solely be talking about this Final now

So we are not allowed to congratulate St Johnstone a local team that just beat our rivals in a cup final and have a bit of a point and laugh at a team that have outperformed us on and off the park for 40 years?

We are relieved if nothing else, we would have been taking a pounding today had the Arabs won and like most Dundee fans on Twitter and Facebook we have had weeks of taunting in the build up, remember that unlike most places in Scotland we live, work and drink together ...sometimes.

I thought it was a great game and Saints thoroughly deserved their win.

Enjoy your win/hangover but cheer up ffs.

So we are not allowed to congratulate St Johnstone a local team that just beat our rivals in a cup final and have a bit of a point and laugh at a team that have outperformed us on and off the park for 40 years?

We are relieved if nothing else, we would have been taking a pounding today had the Arabs won and like most Dundee fans on Twitter and Facebook we have had weeks of taunting in the build up, remember that unlike most places in Scotland we live, work and drink together ...sometimes.

Just ignore the miserable c**t.

"...muscle in on the celebrations..." :lol:

United team out in Liquid last night in their cup final suits. Buying £100 bottles of vodka and rubbing it in their own fans faces.

Scenes.

Going out and having a drink with mates/colleagues after a bad day at work? Outrageous!!

They should have been sitting at home in a darkened room listening to Coldplay showing some respect IMO.

Dundee fans should be banned from using the internet IMO.

Congratulations to St Johnstone, worthy winners on the day!

I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Saints and have been to a fair few games with some of my St Johnstone supporting mates so I was always going to be cheering them on yesterday, but I must confess it made it that wee bit sweeter that it was United that they beat. ;)

Was one of the daytrippers yesterday, went with a few others who loosely follow saints and a couple of fellow dees. As for the game, thought saints looked that bit hungrier and it was thin margins but sometimes when its your day, its your day. Read a newspaper report regarding the atmosphere being slightly flat in the saints sections and yeh, maybe it was slightly surreal due to us (daytrippers) but whats the alternative, a few thousand loyal fans singing their hearts out in an empty stadium! Im chuffed for the saints fans, chuffed for the Brown family who have put a hell of a lot into making them a stable and well run club, also gives us all a bit of hope that maybe our turn will come again! Well done saints, enjoy

Was one of the daytrippers yesterday, went with a few others who loosely follow saints and a couple of fellow dees. As for the game, thought saints looked that bit hungrier and it was thin margins but sometimes when its your day, its your day. Read a newspaper report regarding the atmosphere being slightly flat in the saints sections and yeh, maybe it was slightly surreal due to us (daytrippers) but whats the alternative, a few thousand loyal fans singing their hearts out in an empty stadium! Im chuffed for the saints fans, chuffed for the Brown family who have put a hell of a lot into making them a stable and well run club, also gives us all a bit of hope that maybe our turn will come again! Well done saints, enjoy

There were flat spells among both sets of fans and it was down to nerves mostly. Saints fans were lively to start with but particularly after Utd hit the post it seemed to trigger the nerves again, same when we hit the bar at 1-0. The Utd fans seemed to realise nothing was going to go for us after that too.