St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all well done to both sets of fans and clubs for making it an excellent cup final. Really decent attendance and a further sign that its absolute rubbish to say Scottish football is dying without rangers. Both St Johnstone and Dundee United have brought a lot to Scottish football this lst season and it was a great family day out.

Very many congratulations to St Johnstone, very well deserved and I just cant believe its been 130 years for them to win a major cup. Any very well done Saints fans and everyone associated with the club fully deserve their success and celebrations

I was there yesterday with my dad, girlfriend and her dad. Her dad has lived in Glasgow his whole life (he supports Hamilton) and every pub we went to and everywhere we walked he kept on saying "you would never get this if Rangers and Celtic were involved", "we couldn't go in here if Rangers and Celtic were involved". I don't think it had anything to do with us in particular or St.Johnstone, but it just sums up the whole atmosphere yesterday that these events are so much better without 'them'.

I enjoyed that open-top bus parade, but couldn't they have invested in a better sound system? Absolutely abysmal. Hardly anybody could hear what was being said apart from those who were really close to the stage. A bit of a shame for Stuart Cosgrove.

The atmosphere was tense during the game, but because both sets of fans were nervous about their team. Fans walking together down London Road and the Gallowgate on the way to the ground, having a laugh and a joke, and we even had a solitary St Johnstone fan coming in the same turnstile as us just chatting away and wishing us the best of luck. Apart from the result, it was a hugely enjoyable day out at the football.

As for staying for the trophy presentation, yes it would be nice, but we (the group I was with) applauded St Johnstone at the end, then left as they built the podium. I really don't see any reason why the fans of the losing team should stay - when the game is over, it's all about the winners. And from the look of the St Johnstone end, I doubt they gave a flying f*ck. I will never understand why people leave the game early though.

Read a newspaper report regarding the atmosphere being slightly flat in the saints sections and yeh, maybe it was slightly surreal due to us (daytrippers) but whats the alternative, a few thousand loyal fans singing their hearts out!

I remember our final in 1991. It was the part timers singing at 90 minutes. Me, and my busload, were gibbering emotionally drained wrecks.

I hope the 'real' fans enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed ours. Well done.

As for staying for the trophy presentation, yes it would be nice, but we (the group I was with) applauded St Johnstone at the end, then left as they built the podium. I really don't see any reason why the fans of the losing team should stay - when the game is over, it's all about the winners. And from the look of the St Johnstone end, I doubt they gave a flying f*ck. I will never understand why people leave the game early though.

Correct. Why are people greeting about this?

As the quote goes - show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Correct. Why are people greeting about this?

As the quote goes - show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

I wouldn't say it's even that, if you lose you just want to head off to the nearest pub and start drinking away the sorrows... Most of what I read so far has said that Utd fans have been pretty good both before and after the game, if they were bad losers there would be skulls cracked, windows smashed and the odd police horse punched ;)

I've changed my vote in the poll from Dundee United to St Johnstone. I actually thought United would win it before the match started. If it was a normal league match, I would have fancied our chances, but the fact that this was our first major cup final (after so many heartbreaks before) made me believe that we'd crumble at the final stage. A win seemed totally surreal. It still does.

Anyway, I changed my mind after about 20 minutes. I didn't say anything out loud but I firmly believed we could win this game. The boys approached it without nerves (apart from the one misunderstanding between Wright and Dunne) and mainly looked very confident. I really trust this group of players. It's great to watch them.

Thats me just seen the Frazer Wright interview from after the match, that combined with the photo of him laughing in the background after Graham missed the chance at the end, its impossible to hate that man. Utter hero in every form

Thats me just seen the Frazer Wright interview from after the match, that combined with the photo of him laughing in the background after Graham missed the chance at the end, its impossible to hate that man. Utter hero in every form

Sitting at my table at the POTY awards tonight. Great lad!

Sitting at my table at the POTY awards tonight. Great lad!

Theres something utterly loveable about the c**t, maybe its the way he just seems to casually wander about taking folk out and winning headers without ever really looking like he understands where he is, but theres just something about him I love.

As an aside did you stay awake for the game this time?