St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ohh and as for defenders doing fancy flicks in their own half. Did you not see Dave Mackay's outrageous drag back on the byline that completely bamboozled, Robertson I think. I was in stitches, but if he's buggered it up!!!

That was the highlight of the final for me. Superb.

I clearly love Frazer Wright but if he didn't play for your team you'd hate him with his calling of a spade a spade (e.g. the media overhyped United and he knew we'd beat them) and his inclination to try and wind folk up, whether it be opposition players (Ciftci, Boulding etc...) of fans, in particular those of St Mirren for some reason!

He's a quality defender who wins headers and tackles and puts his body on the line. That is what matters with a centre back.

I wish I could come close to putting together the words to do the whole of yesterday justice but don't think I can. Memories forever though. Just a brilliant day.

I enjoyed that open-top bus parade, but couldn't they have invested in a better sound system? Absolutely abysmal. Hardly anybody could hear what was being said apart from those who were really close to the stage. A bit of a shame for Stuart Cosgrove.

Yeah man, the sound system was rats. I recall it being a lot better for the 1st Division title parade. A shiter.

Anyway. Yesterday was alright eh? My goodness what a day. Won't bore everyone with how I felt during the game so I'll give a brief. Day started on the bus, got our booze taken off us which set a bad tone to start the day. The bucky treasure trove was hidden in the bushes for later. Couldn't and refused to believe that we had won the cup even with seconds to go to full time at 2-0 up. Watery eyes at full time. Scenes of the highest order. Back on the bus home we went, giving the arab buses plenty stick from our windows. Absolutely glorious - it doesn't happen often and may seem arsey but f**k it, when does the opportunity ever arise? Then had the last word with Tam and the boys on Off The Ball. Sick of the Old Firm fannies phoning in on cup final day I decided to call them and have my say. Unbelievably, they called back and had me on the show. Catch it on the iplayer, folks. #scenes

Perth was buzzing at night, the pubs were top class but I didn't make it to Ice Factory (too busy) which was a real shame cause it sounded class. Went to Loft instead which was sadly shite despite the saints players being present. Place was full off scoots and there was fighting. f**k is wrong with folk? Fighting is shite, but on a day like that? FFS. Anyway no matter, great night in my eyes regardless.

Back in the pub today after the parade, brain is frazzled and I'm probably needing my bed but f**k it, back ti poob it is.

Goodnight and godbless.

Perth was buzzing at night, the pubs were top class but I didn't make it to Ice Factory (too busy) which was a real shame cause it sounded class. .

I went in and went straight to the toilet, halfway through the whole toilet was packed and a "Championees!" chant went up and the whole toilet erupted. Sadly the rest of the club didn't really seem keen for joining in whilst I was there, was pretty much just a busier, sweatier, version of Loft (like old Loft). The whole no stamps thing was shite aswell, when I asked for one I got told "Nae stamps, once you're in you're in, if you go out you're out", which was accurate

I went in and went straight to the toilet, halfway through the whole toilet was packed and a "Championees!" chant went up and the whole toilet erupted. Sadly the rest of the club didn't really seem keen for joining in whilst I was there, was pretty much just a busier, sweatier, version of Loft (like old Loft). The whole no stamps thing was shite aswell, when I asked for one I got told "Nae stamps, once you're in you're in, if you go out you're out", which was accurate

Aw that's a shame. Yeah I heard they brought back tokens for drinks too. Tragic. Pubs were brilliant though, and it reinforces my age old argument that "pub chat is best chat".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b043xp9k

56 minutes in. Me on Off The Ball. :lol:

Aw that's a shame. Yeah I heard they brought back tokens for drinks too. Tragic. Pubs were brilliant though, and it reinforces my age old argument that "pub chat is best chat".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b043xp9k

56 minutes in. Me on Off The Ball. :lol:

Yeah there was something about vouchers, I spent most of the time ferociously partyboying my girlfriend, being involved in huge sweaty man hugs with any Saints fans I recognised and generally acting like a twat

O'Halloran, like Ryan Dow, is a bit of a secret weapon in the sense that he doesn't get the attention of some other players but is hugely effective. Could be a big player for us next year. Croft was probably unfortunate to miss out and I suspect Tommy Wright always intended to get Croft on at some point.

O'Halloran, like Ryan Dow, is a bit of a secret weapon in the sense that he doesn't get the attention of some other players but is hugely effective. Could be a big player for us next year. Croft was probably unfortunate to miss out and I suspect Tommy Wright always intended to get Croft on at some point.

I remember reading some posters saying that O'Halloran was the worst player they'd seen play for Scotland u21s. Ridiculous. He's a fantastic player - a real gem of a signing from Wright.

I remember reading some posters saying that O'Halloran was the worst player they'd seen play for Scotland u21s. Ridiculous. He's a fantastic player - a real gem of a signing from Wright.

Aye, I've been impressed with him on the few occasions I have seen him.

I won't mention the person that said it as I actually have a lot of respect for their opinions but they certainly called it wrong on O'Halloran. Going to be real competition for the wide spots next season with him, Croft and Wotherspoon at least and I still hope Hasselbaink will stay.

The funniest thing is Gunning is probably earning the most out of the three. I hope we get Anderson signed up pronto, since Duberry came in he's probably been one of the best defenders in the country, I worry that the Final will have upped the interest in him

I thought that Kevin James was a great influence on Ando, and he's gone from strength to strength. For me this has been his best season for us, really is the finished article now.

I won't mention the person that said it as I actually have a lot of respect for their opinions but they certainly called it wrong on O'Halloran. Going to be real competition for the wide spots next season with him, Croft and Wotherspoon at least and I still hope Hasselbaink will stay.

If he can improve his finishing O'Halloran could be a striking option.