St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What an incredible day. So many of our players deserve this for great service to the game. Millar, Mackay, Anderson and Davidson have all been incredible servants for us since promotion and before. Only sorry to be leaving Liam Craig out of that list. Really chuffed for Spoony too - what a fucking signing. How on earth did he not play in the previous 2 finals? Ridiculous.

All of them were amazing, all of them are legends.

Thank you St Johnstone. Thank you Tommy Wright and thank you Geoff Brown.

Edited by Kyle

What an incredible day. So many of our players deserve this for great service to the game. Millar, Mackay, Anderson and Davidson have all been incredible servants for us since promotion and before. Only sorry to be leaving Liam Craig out of that list. Really chuffed for Spoony too - what a fucking signing. How on earth did he not play in the previous 2 finals? Ridiculous.

And up ye Lomas. Amirite?

Wotherspoons run through the united players today was a touch of class. It was a shame for him ( but lucky for us) that he didn't quite have the legs to finish it. Watched it again on Sportscene and it was fantastic skill. He really is a talent

Incredible day. Not even drunk, but I will make sure that I am totally wasted by the end of Sunday. Hasn't quite sunk in yet that I've just witnessed my team winning the Scottish Cup. Funnily enough, I thought we played nicer football against Aberdeen in the semi-final, but every player gave it their all today. Well done, guys.

Oh, and they played my song after Saints lifted the cup. And quite a few people were actually singing along. They knew the words. A total dream.

That will be two of us then.

I'm rather overwhelmed by the whole occasion. The dream throughout the years of following Saints has been to win the Scottish Cup. The Final has always been *the* game of the season, and I can't quite believe that Saints are part of it. That probably won't sink in until the teams come out at Celtic Park.

There have been so many highs and lows, but these are the moments that make it all worthwhile. 130 years of history, with generations of fans never having seen their dream fulfilled. I'll be conscious of a number of fans, some who I knew, that never got to see Saints in the Final.

But we're all privileged to have seen it. Now all we need is for the team to go on and win it. Easier said than done, and I don't have any real expectations as to what to expect. Perhaps that is because I just can't quite comprehend the idea of Saints somehow lifting the trophy. But it may happen. From a footballing perspective, there is no reason why that isn't possible.

The reaction from Perth has been quite something to behold. The displays, banners, flags, signs, bunting and even, of course, the giant grouse at Broxden all kitted out. It's almost a shame to see it all have to come down.

It will be the largest Saints crowd that I've ever seen, and it may even be an historic total. From all over the world, people have bought into this game. That in itself is special to see, and it will be an experience to soak in the atmosphere, which I'm sure will be complimented by United's own historic crowd.

Like The Real Saints, I'll be in tears whatever happens tomorrow. I'll probably be tearful during the warm-up. And I'm not even ashamed of it. Throughout personal strife, illness and worry, St Johnstone, and this Scottish Cup dream, has been a constant and thoroughly enjoyable distraction in my life.

We all love our clubs, and this is the game that can make those lifelong dreams come true. Whether this dream will come true or not will be determined in the match, but the moment the team comes out of that tunnel - in blue - it will feel like that dream has in a way already been fulfilled.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

The dream came true.

It was an exhilarating, emotional and surreal experience. As predicted, the tears were flowing a number of times during the day. Most notably at full-time, when I completely broke down. I'm not sure if this will ever truly sink in, as dreams so rarely become reality. But this one did.

The greatest day.

Incredible day. Not even drunk, but I will make sure that I am totally wasted by the end of Sunday. Hasn't quite sunk in yet that I've just witnessed my team winning the Scottish Cup. Funnily enough, I thought we played nicer football against Aberdeen in the semi-final, but every player gave it their all today. Well done, guys.

Oh, and they played my song after Saints lifted the cup. And quite a few people were actually singing along. They knew the words. A total dream.

My mum (yep, I watched the game with my mum) I asked "is that Dougie MacLean?" when the song came on. No higher praise IMO.

Edited by DC92

Delighted for saints. Was in the main stand with the Arabs (my son is one) and by jiminy what a dour moany excuse for supporters they were. Not one song, chant, even a roar of encouragement. Pish of 99% of you not to stay for the presentation. Most people came, watched the game, and, er went away without ever getting involved.

My lad was of course sobbing awfully at the end, and I had tears in my eyes too. In sympathy for him, but also because a) I know how much this means to so many saints fans of my acquaintance, and b) pure jealousy when my side have come so close twice in my lifetime.

Well done again saints, and keep the faith United.

Delighted for saints. Was in the main stand with the Arabs (my son is one) and by jiminy what a dour moany excuse for supporters they were. Not one song, chant, even a roar of encouragement. Pish of 99% of you not to stay for the presentation. Most people came, watched the game, and, er went away without ever getting involved.

My lad was of course sobbing awfully at the end, and I had tears in my eyes too. In sympathy for him, but also because a) I know how much this means to so many saints fans of my acquaintance, and b) pure jealousy when my side have come so close twice in my lifetime.

Yeah, man. Hate our non core support, to be honest. Mon the away days with 300-1000 later this year.

That's a bit tight Standfree.

United have played well this season.

United fans have been pretty magnamous in defeat as far as I can see.

Pity about the mass exodus at the end, but we did the same a week ago.

I was gutted at the semi defeat and last day debacle.

Well done Saints- I am looking forward to next season.

COYR!

How the F has your son turned into an Arab? Bad parenting in the extreme!

Think it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the United fans that the majority of United's squad were out at Liquid last night. Rather disrespectful IMO.