Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have signed some of the best players in this division, including last season's top scorer which is impressive and even more impressive considering Rangers were in the division.

Your team on the other hand has Jim Duffy in charge, who is relying upon diddies from the lowest division. Unlucky! :)

You really aren't getting this at all are you?

You know your teams went downhill when their fans create a thread cheering about signing part time diddies and name it "who will be next to join the pars" as if it's some kind of achievement :lol:

Dunfermline :lol:

Really can't fault Jim Duffy's scouting system. Players he worked with or played against last season; nothing more, nothing less.

Is the Daily Record doing another Gies a Game initiative over the summer? He'd be all over that.

We're set to sign 2 new players - Connor Pepper, 20 year old midfielder who was with Inverness Caley Thistle last 2 seasons, and Stefan Milojevic, a 23 year old centre half of Serbian descent, who was with Airdrie last season.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2014/06/10/500786-exclusive-morton-set-to-secure-double-signing/

It says on Milojevic:

The 23-year-old’s contract expired at the end of the campaign and he has now made a verbal commitment to sign with the Cappielow club.

The fact Duffy's willing to go public with it means it must be close to being done but until it's officially confirmed I can't help worrying he's going to sign for Dunfermline like everyone else in this league.

St Mirren’s annual pre-season game against Morton has now been confirmed and will take place on Saturday 19th July at Cappielow Park with a 3:00pm kick-off time.

Both sides have as yet to play their semi-final ties for the Renfrewshire Cup, and if they both win through this fixture will be used for the final. If either or both sides don’t make the final then the match on 19th July will be used as a pre-season friendly.

We have released DVZ. Would you guys take him again? I think he'd stroll league 1 to be honest.

St Mirren’s annual pre-season game against Morton has now been confirmed and will take place on Saturday 19th July at Cappielow Park with a 3:00pm kick-off time.

Both sides have as yet to play their semi-final ties for the Renfrewshire Cup, and if they both win through this fixture will be used for the final. If either or both sides don’t make the final then the match on 19th July will be used as a pre-season friendly.

We have released DVZ. Would you guys take him again? I think he'd stroll league 1 to be honest.

I think he would as well. I thought he was ok first time. I had the feeling that he walked out on us. Don't know if this is true or not, just my feeling. I'd rather pass on him.

I think he would as well. I thought he was ok first time. I had the feeling that he walked out on us.

Maybe he did. Probably to play at a higher level. He certainly doesn't owe anymore than what he's paid to do, and he did reasonably well with us.

I'd have Van Zanten back, but my concern would be that in his last spell he was excellent for his first couple of games, then his performances noticeably deteriorated once he realised he was too good for us at the time. Although I suppose he was only here for five or six games anyway.

Archived