Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With such great questions as 'do you and Shaggy have any input into the Thistle ladies team', 'why do the players keep slipping? Can you make them wear black boots?' and 'why is Doolan starting?' not much of interest was said.

It was fairly tame considering it was just after the 3-0 defeat at Killie.

Sounds a belter, I did think with the timing there would have been more stupid questions.

Also,

fretekentbijnieuws.jpg

shite tattoos? T-shirt banter? He'll fit right in.

His Dutch language Wiki page has a bit more info on him- he only played 178 minutes for Lierse last season, 1 start and 4 sub appearances.

Has anyone been to watch BRE at Airdrie? If this Frans guy signs we'll have all sorts of CB's.

They kept a clean sheet in a 4-0 win yesterday. I can only hope for you that he is decent as the other CB is David Proctor....and it cant've been down to him. (Although he scored)

Deal done. Signed him until January. Belgian guy on Twitter saying he's strong and good in the air. Comfortable with the ball at his feet which is good. Edit: beaten to it

So why is he with us then?! Suspect the Belgian journo might be talking him up a bit.

Reminds me a bit of the Chiarini signing last time we were up, he signed just before an away game at Tannadice IIRC. Hopefully he doesn't impress then f**k off in January to another club in this division like Chiarini did though.

trying to work out the plan here- if FF turns out to be good and stays then him & Seaborne for the rest of the season, Muirhead punted in January, Balatoni as back up, and one of Lindsay and BRE out on loan?

If BRE goes out on loan again then he must one of the most pointless signings ever.

Hopefully it's Seaborne + Frans as first choice, Balatoni on the bench, BRE back at the club to cover for injuries and Muirhead punted.

Aye, I was meaning BRE would sign an extension and then play the rest of this season out on loan with Muirhead going in January and Balatoni maybe joining him in the summer.

Does seem a bit strange that we've signed him after the comments re: budget spent and McFadden - and the Celtic draw had been made by that time so we knew we'd be getting a few quid (guess about £75-80k), but I'm glad we strengthened what is still a pretty weak area of the team in preference to another attacking midfielder.

Official site saying he will be the first Belgian to play for Thistle if he gets a game. They must have forgot about Glenn Daniel's cameo in the last game of the Championship winning season at Dumbarton ;)

Does seem a bit strange that we've signed him after the comments re: budget spent and McFadden - and the Celtic draw had been made by that time so we knew we'd be getting a few quid (guess about £75-80k), but I'm glad we strengthened what is still a pretty weak area of the team in preference to another attacking midfielder.

I'd imagine the budget being spent was meant more as we didn't have enough for another attacker as we were still looking for another defender.

I'd expect Muirhead to be gone by January. Whether that is temporary or permanantly, I've no idea. Going to Dunfermline would be ideal for him to get his confidence back.

So why is he with us then?! Suspect the Belgian journo might be talking him up a bit.

He's been at Lierse for 8 seasons and played 116 league games (roughly 50 in the top flight) and however many cup games in addition to that.

That's not a particularly great appearance record, but considering the Belgian Jupiler League is of a higher standard than our Premiership, you've got to imagine he must be at least alright to have stuck around with them for that amount of time.

It won't be long before season ticket holders are greetin about about pay at the gate fans getting any sort of deal. I've always found that odd, I don't buy my season ticket in the summer because of the great value it has and to moan like f**k when another section of the support gets a good deal, I do it to support the club since I can afford to do it.

Archived