Clyde Fc 2014-15

Will you give him credit for realising on Saturday his original tactics weren't working and changed it which made us better going forward?

Stevie wonder could have seen that. He put on a defender up front when we had two strikers on the bench. Fair enough we got the result but that was despite Barry Ferguson rather than due to him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it really makes me chuckle this "tactically naive " nonsense :lol: these statements have the presumption that they have superior tactical knowledge to people who have played proffesional football all their adult life in this case european and international experience. I blame sky sports and champ manager everybody now is a tactical genius, Its a bit like some of these idiots that run amatuer football teams and stand at the side of the pitch thnking they are some sort of pseudo alex ferguson :lol:

It doesn't take a tactical genius to spot a team playing with no settled formation or pattern of play. Im sure barry is using all his 'european and international experience' to chop and change the lineup and formation every week though. Lets not criticise he played for scotland so he must know what he is doing. . .

Ferguson played a 4-3-3 formation throughout in a bid to attack Rangers but his side were caught on the break for the opener and did not get their goal until the last minute.

"In hindsight maybe I could have went and parked the bus but again we would have been playing into Rangers' hands," he said. "If we played the match again I might have played a different way but it's all about learning."

No-one's suggesting he should have "parked the bus" from the start. People were upset at the fact he did nothing to stop the embarrassment and then blamed the players. And as for the second part of the quote, there is no comfort in the attitude that us losing 8 goals is fine because "it's all about learning". This is exactly the fear some of us had about taking on a rookie manager who is not used to this level of football. We're not here to get relegated just so he can make mistakes to learn from,

Having said that it's not time to keep going on about that result, it's just not a very good to use in his defence (which i presume it was, apologies if not).

I would certainly agree that he has chopped and changed things far too much and there has never been a settled team. I would however say that BF has or should I say like a pattern of play. He is constantly telling the players to take a touch, calm down , pass etc. It just seems obvious that most of the players are not good enough to do that. That is not to say BF should not compromise and change the style to suit, but an observation / opinion that I think he knows what he woul "LIKE" the team to play like.

That said it is normally a sign of a poor team when they constantly give the ball away and cant keep posession, like everyone else I hope these new guys can do so. At least they do seem to have a better pedigree than some of the origonal signings.

It doesn't take a tactical genius to spot a team playing with no settled formation or pattern of play. Im sure barry is using all his 'european and international experience' to chop and change the lineup and formation every week though. Lets not criticise he played for scotland so he must know what he is doing. . .

diamond shape ,wingers tucking in , striker playing in the hole , play 4 1 4 1 :lol:

serious question you believe that the majority of the fans know more about football tactics than ferguson ?

Barry's obviously here for the season at least, we'll see what difference the new signings make as they should be better than what we have.

Does anyone else find it annoying reading "it's a tough run of fixtures this month" when we play east fife and Montrose? Not having a dig at who's saying it, just a tough run of fixtures used to be a lot different as we know!

Ultimately facts don't lie, last seasons squad with all of the so called lesser quality players, players who will never be seen at this level again, and players that nobody wanted, still got us to the playoffs and just missed out on the playoff final after a penalty shootout.

Anyway a vast majority of people seem to think all these new signings of far superior quality will do the job. I truly hope they do so lets just all wait and see.

Barry's obviously here for the season at least, we'll see what difference the new signings make as they should be better than what we have.

Does anyone else find it annoying reading "it's a tough run of fixtures this month" when we play east fife and Montrose? Not having a dig at who's saying it, just a tough run of fixtures used to be a lot different as we know!

Suppose it's all relative

He'd probably only managed 4 or 5 utterly dreadful clichés by that point and needed to shoehorn in another.

"Lads have been great in training"

"The boys are really hurting at the result"

"[insert team here] are a great side, and they will cause us a lot of problems if we're not at our best"

"the lads are fired up for it"

"we just need to cut out the individual errors"

And so forth.

serious question you believe that the majority of the fans know more about football tactics than ferguson ?

I didn't say that but what I did say was the majority of fans can see clear faults and a lack of consistency in his team selections and formation. Hopefully he is learning from his mistakes, as I held worries he was too pig-headed to do so. Also hopefully having a number of seasoned pros in the team can help organise things on the field. There is still a great opportunity to claim a playoff spot if things click well in the 2nd half of the season and if that happens the poor start can be overlooked. Failing that if we can pull away from the bottom that would at least be something.

I didn't say that but what I did say was the majority of fans can see clear faults and a lack of consistency in his team selections and formation. Hopefully he is learning from his mistakes, as I held worries he was too pig-headed to do so. Also hopefully having a number of seasoned pros in the team can help organise things on the field. There is still a great opportunity to claim a playoff spot if things click well in the 2nd half of the season and if that happens the poor start can be overlooked. Failing that if we can pull away from the bottom that would at least be something.

Fair enough . if Parker and mclaughlin can bring goals and marko organising at the back then I think we could make play offa

Personally I think we now have a better squad than last year for me no excuses not to climb the league

Scott McLaughlin is truly terrible at every aspect of being a football player

Having read previous comments you have made, you seem to have an unhealthy dislike for the player which seems to border on the personal, so forgive me if I am prepared to give him a chance before forming my own opinion !!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-write-daily-record-5142367

Article in today's Daily Record with the manager, discussing his fears at potentially not being allowed back into Ibrox because he writes for the now banned from Ibrox Daily Record.

Hopefully all is okay and wee Bazza is allowed home, we are sitting second from bottom and have been shit all season but I really hope this love story between wee Bazza and the Gers ends well.

#Pray for wee Bazza

Archived