Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-write-daily-record-5142367

Article in today's Daily Record with the manager, discussing his fears at potentially not being allowed back into Ibrox because he writes for the now banned from Ibrox Daily Record.

Hopefully all is okay and wee Bazza is allowed home, we are sitting second from bottom and have been shit all season but I really hope this love story between wee Bazza and the Gers ends well.

#Pray for wee Bazza

Another cringeworthy piece from Ferguson. apparently going to see Sevco is considered to be "a valuable part of my education as a coach". what an embarrassment

If he started rabbiting on about individual errors at the back against Berwick and the lack of a goal scorer at Clyde then he would get punted, because no one at the Daily Record, nor anyone apart from a few hundred Clyde fans, care about us.

Jim Duffy was no different.

If he started rabbiting on about individual errors at the back against Berwick and the lack of a goal scorer at Clyde then he would get punted, because no one at the Daily Record, nor anyone apart from a few hundred Clyde fans, care about us.

Hurrah. Some one else in our support has bit o savie

True but that doesn't stop him being an embarrassment to us. I don't recall Jim Duffy having a column where he went on and on about a club that he loves and kept referring to himself as a fan.

Ferguson probably doesn't even know half the players in the teams we play against yet he thinks going to Ibrox is part of his coaching development. The Board on our own site is at pains not to comment on things like Doncaster's silly statement about Rangers being a new club, yet our most high profile employee is able to have an opinion on "international fugitive" Rafat Rizvi and Lalit Modi published in his column. LIke I said, embarrassing.

Jesus christ....some of our "fans" would put old firm fans to shame with some of the utter pish spoken and paranoid ramblings !!!

What is pish or paranoid?

It's been 9 days since we last had a two or three line quote on the official website from the manager and 2 and a half weeks since the Board gave some vague comment that they hoped Ferguson would be fit soon.

If they want to give us something else to talk about I'm sure they could offer something up.

It's been 9 days since we last had a two or three line quote on the official website from the manager

I agree - that's a complete fucking scandal and the board must be held responsible. We should've written a clause into his contract which states that he is obliged to post a daily blog entry on the website, detailing his movements, thoughts and meals.

I agree - that's a complete fucking scandal and the board must be held responsible. We should've written a clause into his contract which states that he is obliged to post a daily blog entry on the website, detailing his movements, thoughts and meals.

no-one said it was a scandal. is this an example of the "pish" posting referred to above?

True but that doesn't stop him being an embarrassment to us. I don't recall Jim Duffy having a column where he went on and on about a club that he loves and kept referring to himself as a fan.

Ferguson probably doesn't even know half the players in the teams we play against yet he thinks going to Ibrox is part of his coaching development. The Board on our own site is at pains not to comment on things like Doncaster's silly statement about Rangers being a new club, yet our most high profile employee is able to have an opinion on "international fugitive" Rafat Rizvi and Lalit Modi published in his column. LIke I said, embarrassing.

He spent the best part of a career at Rangers and IIRC he came through the ranks there. If he has an emotional attachment to them which is clear he does, then so what? Just because it's Rangers?

I hate them as much as the next person but to get wound up about something as stupid is this is ridiculous. I don't think he is doing a great job at Clyde but I also think it is not down to lack of trying or commitment. In fact, it's clear to me he is desperate to make this work. If he wants to spend a few hours a week talking about a club he has clearly supporterd for years before Clyde came into the equation then so what.

Why try and justify his visit to ibrokes as part of his 'coaching education'? He could perhaps apply the experience of playing/coaching in stadiums that are 90% empty. But he will gain nothing valuable watching a bunch of duds play hoofball. Unless he is going to watch hibs. . .

His past as a rangers 'legend' is of no consequence if he brings success to Clyde. The signs so far are abysmal but hopefully that changes - the new signings on paper look very promising.

He spent the best part of a career at Rangers and IIRC he came through the ranks there. If he has an emotional attachment to them which is clear he does, then so what? Just because it's Rangers?

I hate them as much as the next person but to get wound up about something as stupid is this is ridiculous. I don't think he is doing a great job at Clyde but I also think it is not down to lack of trying or commitment. In fact, it's clear to me he is desperate to make this work. If he wants to spend a few hours a week talking about a club he has clearly supporterd for years before Clyde came into the equation then so what.

who is "wound up"? I said it was embarrassing and it is. The main reason I commented subsequently is down to people claiming Jim Duffy was "no different" or that the comment was "pish" or "paranoid".

The fact is the club he is in charge of now is going down the tubes. There's total silence from him and the club on things that concern us so it's no surprise some Clyde fans are annoyed when he pens 6 articles on Sevco in two weeks and thinks going to Ibrox is somehow part of his Clyde job.

If being one of very few Scottish managers who worked until close of business last Monday is equivalent to holding silence, then im actually happier he isn't filling papers with what would be, to me anyway, irrelevant shite about Clyde. Anyone who goes and watches the team doesnt need told how good bad or beige it is. We have enough disasters when we do make decisions and involve the media as it is. At least Ferguson is writing about something that, whether you like it or not, means a great deal to him. Duffy, on the other hand, filled his column with stereotypical 'inside man' pish like Des McKeown and Ian King do. I get the resentment that he spends a lot of time writing and talking about rangers instead of Clyde like most of our previous did, but none of the last five showed the commitment to making this work, or shared the frustrations we all.do when it doesnt, like it affects BF. Thats unfortunately just whre we are.

who is "wound up"? I said it was embarrassing and it is. The main reason I commented subsequently is down to people claiming Jim Duffy was "no different" or that the comment was "pish" or "paranoid".

The fact is the club he is in charge of now is going down the tubes. There's total silence from him and the club on things that concern us so it's no surprise some Clyde fans are annoyed when he pens 6 articles on Sevco in two weeks and thinks going to Ibrox is somehow part of his Clyde job.

Calm down hen !!

Folk need to remember that he is only part time with us, so if he writes for the record part time which is predominantly going to be about rangers then what's the problem? They'll be telling him what to write about.

This. When we had full-time managers, this wasn't an issue. But did anyone have a problem when Roberts and Miller had their back-and-forths with the media, or anyone wanted to talk to Brown or Hendry about OF games?.

What difference would it make if he listed all of our problems to the media and wider problems? Would you rather he blasted our part time players and ousted them to the wider audience? In what way would that help anything?

Archived