The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A boring, classless c**t.

He rolls out this exact same interview every few years or so.

Why the f**k any media outlets give him any time of day is the real mystery.

I think that Sportsound interview went a lot further than other interviews that Calderwood has done in the past. I think Calderwood has major personal problems and that the BBC should not have done that interview.

Edited by Milners

Does anyone know why our away match to Partick Thistle has been rearranged for a Tuesday night, while the match between Hearts and Thistle is on the Saturday? Surely with the relatively small travelling distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh, it would be sensible for this to be a midweek date, and the Thistle/Aberdeen game on the Saturday.

Does anyone know why our away match to Partick Thistle has been rearranged for a Tuesday night, while the match between Hearts and Thistle is on the Saturday? Surely with the relatively small travelling distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh, it would be sensible for this to be a midweek date, and the Thistle/Aberdeen game on the Saturday.

That makes waaaay to much sense for the f**kwits that run the game to understand

Craig Storie signs a deal until 2018. Good on him, he's taken his chance. I hope we see more of him.

Happy with this. Has done well in the games he's played. Has a bit of grit about him as well which we miss at times in the centre of the park.

I realise that teams in England (and elsewhere) will just offer a youth contract to anyone, simply because they can, but it does say something that Man United were sniffing around Storie for a while when he was younger. Doesn't deserve to be dropped, interesting to see how it plays out now Jack and Flood are fit.

So just saying if Dundee Utd had Aberdeen and Kilmarnock to pick re-arranged games because Kilmarnock is further away that Dundee Utd should play them on a saturday and Aberdeen on a Tuesday - nope not for me whoever game postponed first should have first chance of picking dates which is happened with Partick Thistle.

Edited by betting competition

Agree with this, looks a talent. Great to see him tied down for a few more years, been really impressed so far.

He does look a great prospect but has drifted out of every game that he has played but that is expected with a youngster. Think fans are going over the top saying that he should be ahead of Flood and Jack. These players have had dip in form but in the past they have delivered good performances.

Delighted to see Storie sign a new contract. A raw talent but he's shown he can play and put a tackle in. He looks like he has the physique to bulk up as he matures and could be the energetic ball winner who will compete in the middle of the park, which is what we are crying out for.

Some of the players were in curious positions on Saturday. McLean started off as the furthest forward (i.e. up front). Then Pawlett had a go, then Church did and stayed there for the remaining hour or so. Does McInnes just not rate him as a forward, or does he rate him highly on the wing instead? Perhaps it was just a tactical decision for that specific game? Frankly, I've no idea if Church is or isn't an 'out and out' striker.

I've already said my bit about our poor January transfer window, so I won't go down that route.

Some of the players were in curious positions on Saturday. McLean started off as the furthest forward (i.e. up front). Then Pawlett had a go, then Church did and stayed there for the remaining hour or so. Does McInnes just not rate him as a forward, or does he rate him highly on the wing instead? Perhaps it was just a tactical decision for that specific game? Frankly, I've no idea if Church is or isn't an 'out and out' striker.

I've already said my bit about our poor January transfer window, so I won't go down that route.

I noticed that also, i would have church down as an out and out striker tbh.

The reason for this being is he offers nothing else, he is not fast, skill full or tall. So if he isn’t a penalty box striker am not sure what he is. Why he spent so much time out wide no one will know, although Rooney (the best pen box striker in the league) finds himself doing this all the time to.

Not really made my mind up on Church, i don’t think he’s bad am just not sure i think he is good either.

I dont mind mentioning the last two transfer windows either, they have cost us big time.

Edited by Mackiemyday

I noticed that also, i would have church down as an out and out striker tbh.

The reason for this being is he offers nothing else, he is not fast, skill full or tall. So if he isn’t a penalty box striker am not sure what he is. Why he spent so much time out wide no one will know, although Rooney (the best pen box striker in the league) finds himself doing this all the time to.

Not really made my mind up on Church, i don’t think he’s bad am just not sure i think he is good either.

I dont mind mentioning the last two transfer windows either, they have cost us big time.

His goal record suggests to me he isn't an out and out striker, but like I said, I don't know what he is and I don't know where he's been played throughout his career. I got the impression from the quotes when he signed that he was a guy who runs around a lot, essentially.

Just watched the pen back for the first time,

The main thing i took from it is how bad an attempt Brown made to save it, he moves so early, made life very easy for Craig. I know saving a pen is a complete lottery but at least hold your ground till the guy has taken it.

Also I must add am not a fan of Brown so i might be being harsh.

I thought Church played fairly well. He won a few headers, which we don't do often up top and he also used the ball fairly well, didn't waste it. Got 1 goal and only a smart stop by Mannus prevented him getting a brace.

I thought Church played fairly well. He won a few headers, which we don't do often up top and he also used the ball fairly well, didn't waste it. Got 1 goal and only a smart stop by Mannus prevented him getting a brace.

I thought he was fairly anonymous in the games in Perth and Inverness. But on Saturday he looked much more capable - perhaps he is better suited to a Rooney free line up.

He showed good strength and had plenty decent touches under pressure to retain possession and link up with team mates - something we don't generally do very well. Would have had a first minute assist too if McLean had been brave enough to melt his chance into the top corner instead of rolling it into the arms of Mannus.

2 goals in 4 games is a respectable return so far - bizarrely both came while standing on the same blade of grass.