The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Thanks for that.  I was trying to remember his name last night but I thought it was Fink and as a result my attempts to Google for more info failed.

Also Dyon Camero.

Nae worries,

Did take a little work on google to dig it out.

Also came across this chap, Arafath Heuvel

Heuvel.jpg

Another dutch no hoper we had on trial, i mind him having a shocking game pre season. He was berating Dan Smith through out....Dan Smith (shudder).

Shinnie isn't only the best player at Aberdeen, but very possibly in the Scottish Premiership. I'm struggling to think of anybody better at this moment in time. Utterly baffling call to exclude him. 

Pleased for Kenny McLean though. Well deserved. 

The thing is people are trying to say it should be him or Tierney blah blah blah.

They should both be in the team, good young players.

How about he drops some of the dead wood instead. He will be happy to go into another campaign with Hutton,Greer and Berra in the team.

Some things never change Shinnie has been Aberdeen best player by a mile this season and also going with Inverness CT fans the same as last season but overlooked because of a Celtic young player that has recently got into the team. 

The thing is people are trying to say it should be him or Tierney blah blah blah.

How about he drops some of the dead wood instead. He will be happy to go into another campaign with Hutton,Greer and Berra in the team.

Yes. A right back and two centre halves are keeping Shinnie out the squad

Disagree with Tierney as he has only played 24 games overall - hasn't looked that outstanding that he should be in the Scotland Squad but because he plays for Celtic that he is in the squad - if he was outstanding for Aberdeen I have no doubt he wouldn't be in squad. 

Also Andrew Robertson has been great for Scotland and deserves to be in squad that I have no doubt but the other place should go to Shinnie.

Edited by Milners

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that Tierney has been included in the squad.  It's something we should be doing more in the national side, giving chances to 18/19 year olds.  Despite the clusterfuck of Vogts' time, it worked out well for Gordon, D. Fletcher and McFadden.

However, not also including Shinnie is beyond bonkers.  As others have said, he's by far and away the best full-back in the country.  For the national manager to say, with a straight face, he didn't pick an uncapped player because "he knows he can do a job" while picking Whittaker and Mulgrew in BOTH FUCKING SQUADS is, to put it mildly, unbelievably disrespectful to Graeme Shinnie.

It's a sad state of affairs when our national manager has very little time for the game in our country.  If Shinnie had played half a dozen decent games for Nottingham Forest, he'd no doubt get a call-up.

Spot on,

Am sick of seeing Strachan on ITV covering some early round FA cup game, when we have a fixture in the spfl which has a number of good young Scottish players involved in it. He will make a joke when some league 2 nobody scores a tap in saying he will look into him, see if he has a Scottish granny.

Guy is taking the team backwards, why continue with a bunch of players who have failed a number of times. The standard response from his supporters is "well who is better", i don’t know the answer to that but we will achieve nothing if we carry on down this track.

We not take a bigger bunch of youngsters in and get them involved in the team early, and develope the national team in a club side style. He should be picking young player who are in form at the time and giving them caps. From Aberdeen’s side Pawlett and Jack should of been given far more game time over the past year or so. There are guys at United, Hearts and other teams who should have got calls when they were playing well. Why is there a need to make these guys play 100 plus games for the club side before they are given a shot, by that time they might be out of form or not developed to a national team level?