The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Right, so nobody decides to move and we end up with a family stand full of adults and no children.

Obviously people will move but as far as I'm aware you're not under any obligation to do so. I could be wrong.

I do agree that if the club are going to pursue this they will need to change their pricing structure. I don't think fans being unhappy at moving should stand in the way of this but similarly there should be an incentive to move like discounted seats in mainer/south

Dare I say it - the outcry from Aberdeen over Collums performance - McInnes publicly criticising, captain criticising, prominent Aberdeen supporting pundits harping on about it, petition signing and a full day of local radio talking about said decisions and the petition.

Very, very OF-esque.

Singing "Hello, Hello" is very, very OF-esque IMO.

There is absolutely no chance the away section will move at Pittodrie. The ground is set up so away fans exiting the ground have no interaction with the home support and it also lead out to where the away buses are. Even if we wanted to, the police would never allow it.

As for the RDS and Merkland switch, I see the obvious advantages but I sympathise with RDS season ticket holders who don't want to move to an area of the ground with a poorer view and facilities. Given the fact that the Merkland is rarely full on most match-days, I'd say it could be possible to have a family section on the main stand side of the RDS and let regular fans who were unwilling to move sit on the other side. This would also aid the problem of having the away support right next to the family section. The club could also consider opening part of the upper tier for STH who aren't keen on the Merkland.

Pricing is another issue that will have to be resolved. Currently the Merkland is much cheaper than the RDS due to the fact it is a poorer stand and also to attract families. Could the club justify charging these low prices for families in the RDS and charge £25 a ticket for adults in the Merkland? Personally I would charge a bit less for the Merkland in order to give a more affordable option for fans, help fill the stand and create a better atmosphere by attracting younger fans (ie. those too old for the family stand).

I agree, the away support aren't moving. Police have put it there for a reason.

You surely get an equally good view in most parts of the South Stand. The facilities aren't so good, but mabye if you want the better facilities you have to behave in a more family friendly way? There's nothing stopping you from staying but you might have to adjust your language.

Dare I say it - the outcry from Aberdeen over Collums performance - McInnes publicly criticising, captain criticising, prominent Aberdeen supporting pundits harping on about it, petition signing and a full day of local radio talking about said decisions and the petition.

Very, very OF-esque.

Pretty sure the petition wasn't started by Aberdeen fans, and is a Scotland wide thingmy

There is absolutely no incentive for people in the RDS to move, I can't see anyone doing it unless the club offers something decent to do so.

There's also the fact that "older" fans get the RDS concourse to mill about in away from the cold and the rain on match days. You don't get that in the merkland or south stand. I genuinely don't see any good reason for people to move at the moment despite what sounds like a good idea.

We also choose to shoot into the RDS in the second half of every game, I assume due to the roar and noise of the fans. Would we still have that with the merkland?

I'm in the beach end lower deck and I think Aberdeen can sell this if they move those downstairs for most of them to go upper deck of the beach end. Think the move will happen as the afc community trust want the space to set-up things for the kids during match days, the only way it won't if there is so much opposition against the move.

Edited by Milners

I sit in the South Stand so any change will have no effect on my match day experience, but I get the feeling that this consultation is purely a box ticking exercise and that AFC hope it gets minimal response so they can plough ahead.

I always sat in the Merkland when I went to games as a young loon and loved it, but that was solely because I was at the fitba. I'd hate to sit there now, terrible view in comparison to other areas though the price obviously appeals to plenty fans.

The pricing thing will be interesting as the Merkland is heavily discounted for adults and as I think there is some rule that states that you cannot charge different adult prices for the same stand, it will be interesting to see what the club come up with

The pricing thing will be interesting as the Merkland is heavily discounted for adults and as I think there is some rule that states that you cannot charge different adult prices for the same stand, it will be interesting to see what the club come up with

Discount when bought with a concession or child's ticket, I'd imagine.

I'm in the beach end lower deck and I think Aberdeen can sell this if they move those downstairs for most of them to go upper deck of the beach end. Think the move will happen as the afc community trust want the space to set-up things for the kids during match days, the only way it won't if there is so much opposition against the move.

When are Aberdeen due to relocate? Edited by Highland No 1

When you look back at JC's tenure I find it a real mixed bag. Definitely brought us respectability in comparison to some of the dross he followed on from. The Copenhagen night, getting trips to Munich and Madrid was a great experience but the cup semi against Queens will be how he's remembered by most. Also at times the football was hard to watch. Oldco were there for the taking in that final too.

I reckon he has a photo of Willie Miller on his dart board. He really needs to start asking himself, others he's close to and folk who he's applied for jobs with why exactly he's not getting a gig.

Couldn't help but feel for him a wee bit there though, blaming others aside. There must be a reason he's not getting looked at, whispers in the board rooms I'd imagine???