The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

This mirrors my thoughts. For every chance we missed to close the gap on Celtic, Hearts will have had as many chances to close the gap on us. Yet I don't see many critics of Hearts or accusations of them being "bottlers" lacking character.

There is a lot of deflection from other fans who, on one hand say they want Anyone but Celtic to win the league, are then quick to sneer and mock Aberdeen's failings. That's all fair banter and keeps the focus away from their own teams short comings. What's less understandable has been how fast many Dons fans are to join in with slating the team.

The table does not lie. Aberdeen are behind Celtic and Hearts are behind us, much as expected preseason. Probably the biggest " What if " of the season is had McGee's appointment by Motherwell been in July, given their huge improvement under him, where would they be in the table?

Lots to look forward to next term. Logan signing up is a big deal for us, if we can keep our core players and add two or three more in the summer we should be in good shape. A bit more strength in depth and more tactical options.

I think we are in for an even more competitive league in 2016/17 and I expect Aberdeen to be right in the mix at the top end.

One visit to Jamboskickback would resolve that.

You have to admit that it's not possible for one team to win the league if they're the only club laying a glove on their rivals.

Apologies. We're all terribly sorry for Aberdeen being easier to beat than Celtic

Ok let's let pedantry get in the way of the fact aberdon is trying to blame the rest of the league for our failures this year.

It is shitebag behaviour and totally inaccurate. He may be on the troll but even so it's embarrassing.

Ok let's let pedantry get in the way of the fact aberdon is trying to blame the rest of the league for our failures this year.

It is shitebag behaviour and totally inaccurate. He may be on the troll but even so it's embarrassing.

I agree with this post but it really needed the word 'minter' imo.

Thank you

Apparently you lot are close to agreeing PCAs with Michael McGovern and Ziggy Gordon.

No idea how legit it is, but its popped up in a few different places now.

Embarrassing is totally missing the point of my post tbh.

Apparently you lot are close to agreeing PCAs with Michael McGovern and Ziggy Gordon.

No idea how legit it is, but its popped up in a few different places now.

That was posted on Mad, I think. Doubt we'd sign Gordon if we've got Logan tied down though.

No sign of Brown on the bench today, Was he injured or has he been told his time at Aberdeen is at an end?

Collin is shite, I can see why Brown has been playing ahead of him. 

Hopefully Championship Goalkeeper of the Year Danny Rogers makes the step up. McGovern would be good to have as well. A bit of competition and cover for injury. 

Was McGinn taking inspiration from Mark Kerr with his celebration? Looked pointed to me, but perhaps I'm getting the wrong end of the stick. 

Collin's kicking was poor and he didn't look particularly comfortable at set pieces, but it is just one game and he came with good reviews. He's unlikely to be the answer, although I imagine he'll have another shot at Parkhead next week. That will be a fairer and sterner test of his abilities. 

Was McGinn taking inspiration from Mark Kerr with his celebration? Looked pointed to me, but perhaps I'm getting the wrong end of the stick. 

Collin's kicking was poor and he didn't look particularly comfortable at set pieces, but it is just one game and he came with good reviews. He's unlikely to be the answer, although I imagine he'll have another shot at Parkhead next week. That will be a fairer and sterner test of his abilities. 

He got a bit of abuse from the South about 5 minutes before he scored and rightly gave some back.