The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I wouldn't have a problem with him signing a pre-contract with an English club. 30 in July, so a final pay day and if he gets a three year deal, good luck - as I'm not sure he'll still have the change of pace at 32 that serves him well now.

Problem with signing a pre-contract with the yams, is that it would render him a lame duck for the rest of this season.

I recall the Inverness fans tolerated Shinnie in these circumstances, but McGinn would be as popular as a turd in a sugarbowl with our support.

31 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I wouldn't have a problem with him signing a pre-contract with an English club. 30 in July, so a final pay day and if he gets a three year deal, good luck - as I'm not sure he'll still have the change of pace at 32 that serves him well now.

Problem with signing a pre-contract with the yams, is that it would render him a lame duck for the rest of this season.

I recall the Inverness fans tolerated Shinnie in these circumstances, but McGinn would be as popular as a turd in a sugarbowl with our support.

Shinnie continued to turn in outstanding performances week after week despite signing a PCA with you guys. He proved a lot of doubters, like myself, wrong. His effort level never dropped. Would McGinn do the same? 

37 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

If he signs in January the clubs will agree a fee and he'll come here. There's no chance he can play for Aberdeen and sign for Hearts in the summer with the league as it is.

2 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

If he signs in January the clubs will agree a fee and he'll come here. There's no chance he can play for Aberdeen and sign for Hearts in the summer with the league as it is.

Agree 100%. 

If Hertz will give him a better deal then fair doo's. He's been by and large a good player for us and I would prefer him to stay. However, if he signs a PCA with another Scottish team then its best for everyone he leaves right away. 

I take the point regards Shinnie, who won a Cup with ICT by finishing his contract, but I think its far from ideal to have players competing against their new employers. Shaugnessy playing against the Fermers in a game they needed to win at Pittodrie to get into Europe springs to mind. 

Shaugnessy playing against the Fermers in a game they needed to win at Pittodrie to get into Europe springs to mind. 

He almost scored from about 30 yards that day, the utter c**t.

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Funny how McGinn knows f**k all about his alleged move to Farts.

Agent stirring it.

McGinn will still be Aberdeen's No:10 next season if McInnes and the board want him to be

Hope so 

Funny how McGinn knows f**k all about his alleged move to Farts.

Agent stirring it.

McGinn will still be Aberdeen's No:10 next season if McInnes and the board want him to be

I've just decided that he's shit and I never liked him anyway*

* I reserve the right to reconsider this once more if circumstances change.

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Press and Journal saying McGinn has turned down a 3 year deal from Hearts and will either remain at Pittodrie or head to England.

If he gets an offer from an English club, I can understand him taking that ( and would grudgingly wish him well)
Going to Hearts seems a backwards step ( and would be worthy of  the torrents of abuse doubtless heading his way).

Press and Journal saying McGinn has turned down a 3 year deal from Hearts and will either remain at Pittodrie or head to England.

Good news if true although but will remain open minded until there is anything official from player or club.

If he goes to England then I can happily thank him for his 5 years and wish him well. Hearts would have been a strange choice.

But if you do want to stay Niall...

Hopefully McGinn joins Hartlepool or something, just so we see Paula in his "Scottish footballs so shite" tiny tears mode, which always comes up after his team get shown up in some way.

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

You can't expect Tynecastle to ever reach the heights of the famous Pittodrie atmosphere. ^_^

Glad to see that you've accepted that nothing will ever match the cacophony of Pittodrie, it is that deafening combination of tartan rug rustling and boiled sweetie wrappers being crinkled.

I'm gonna miss this Dons team when they all grow old and leave/retire. I'm very familiar with this lot, in a way I hadn't been with many other Dons teams.

They are a likeable team. In Dons teams of the past there were always a few players who, even when they were good, I couldn't warm to for some reason. Not the case with this squad.