The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Everyone is on holiday at the moment, don't think we'll get a clear indication of what's happening until the tail end of next week 

I don't think anyone could begrudge Hayes his big move. I've never seen a winger that puts in a shift like he does every week, and manages to be both our most dangerous attacker and one of our most disciplined players defensively. We've had the best years of him and he deserves the chance to make a packet in his last chance at a big transfer.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't see how a permanent transfer to us makes sense for Christie. I think he'd love to come back on loan and get the best of both world's, but if I were him there's no way I'd be leaving Celtic to go to another Premiership team at this stage in his career. Sadly, on our budget I think Hayes is irreplaceable.

I think I might cry, it's all going Pete Tong. Never leave Jonny.

Being serious, if Hayes goes, along with McGinn in particular, then surely other players are going to feel unsettled. I'm thinking Logan, Lewis and Shinnie specifically. I already think McLean is off too.

2 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

Can't imagine who could come in and be capable of keeping up the same standards. .

why not.  If we can get some quality individuals in we can keep building. Rather than a few  who are very average. we have had a fnumber of those under Mcinnes.

& who's to say if he does leave things may get better & not worse.

As a Celtic fan I hope all of these Jonny Hayes to Celtic rumours aren't true.  He's a very good player but not as good as Sinclair and maybe a tad better than Forrest, but he's 29!  Would much rather see Christie get a proper chance to impress Brendan and bring in a younger replacement for Roberts.