The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Scott Wright starts for Scotland u20s v Czech Rep. Great to see him play alongside guys like Ollie Burke, maybe he can put a word in about a loan move ;)

I think we should be looking to keep Wright, not punt him to Leipzig.

I'll get ma coat.

AFC Statement
Aberdeen FC this evening can confirm the following first team players have left the club after Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup final against Celtic.

Goalkeeper Neil Alexander, defender Ash Taylor, midfielders Ryan Jack and Peter Pawlett and striker Niall McGinn have now left Pittodrie. Peter had already signed a pre-contract with MK Dons.

Strikers Cammy Smith and Lawrence Shankland, and goalkeeper Aaron Lennox, who have all been on out on loan this season in the SPFL Championship, will also be leaving the club. Cammy has signed for St Mirren.

After the conclusion of his loan spell Ryan Christie has returned to his parent club.

As was announced earlier U20 players Robbie Mutch, Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas, Aaron Norris and Joe Nuttall have also left the club.

Everyone at Aberdeen FC would like to thank all the players who are leaving for their tremendous commitment to the club, in some cases over many years, and wish them all the very best for the future.

There goes an era. :bairn

Shame to see Niall gone and much as it may go against the grain I'm sad to see Jack go. Hope Cammy Smith goes onto good things too as he's a great lad with a good attitude to the game.

Hope to see Ryan Christie back soon.

The rest are generally very meh. Big rebuilding job this summer for Del and Doc.

37 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Club has undoubtedly improved its YouTube/social media game in 2017. This is good: 

I thought that was very amateurish tbh. Saints social media/marketing videos have come on leaps and bounds in the last year. Our last promo for season tickets is brilliant(I know we have no fans to entice etc etc). Aberdeen should be doing better.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I thought that was very amateurish tbh. Saints social media/marketing videos have come on leaps and bounds in the last year. Our last promo for season tickets is brilliant(I know we have no fans to entice etc etc). Aberdeen should be doing better.

That video would benefit from your players forcing a smile every now and again. I preferred your earlier work. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That video would benefit from your players forcing a smile every now and again. I preferred your earlier work. 

Both are better than the Aberdeen one.

Not slagging yours off, just highlighting it could be a fair bit better.

Eta. Just watched the paint it blue one again, it's the worst one I've ever seen. It did the job however :lol:

Edited by tree house tam

Sky, The Sun and the Daily Express seemingly all running with Jack signing for Rangers tomorrow. Hardly a surprise if so, but will be interesting to hear the reception he is given at Pittodrie - maybe that's the extra bit of needle Aberdeen v Rangers fixtures need. 

34 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sky, The Sun and the Daily Express seemingly all running with Jack signing for Rangers tomorrow. Hardly a surprise if so, but will be interesting to hear the reception he is given at Pittodrie - maybe that's the extra bit of needle Aberdeen v Rangers fixtures need. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He's dead to me.

Well, he is joining Zombie FC.....................  

I'll wait till it is official and then get over it. We've lost much, much better players than him and survived.

What an idiot

I'm sure there were other offers

As shown in the last few seasons he is replaceable. Didn't boo him on Saturday and got behind him

Now he can f**k off.