The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Callum Davidson seems like a total imbecile to me.

You're right though, I'd love this to happen, really love it.

So was Steve Lomas, didn't stop us from our highest ever finish. Your desperation for us to fall to Dundee's level is hilarious. Imagine having to dream of us losing our manager to hold any semblance of catching us. Dundee should be ahead of us every season based on their budget.

So was Steve Lomas, didn't stop us from our highest ever finish. Your desperation for us to fall to Dundee's level is hilarious. Imagine having to dream of us losing our manager to hold any semblance of catching us. Dundee should be ahead of us every season based on their budget.

This is an Aberdeen thread bro and I don't think Steve Lomas is in the running for the managers job at Pittodrie. You keep going with your Dundee obsession if that's what floats your boat.

This is an Aberdeen thread bro and I don't think Steve Lomas is in the running for the managers job at Pittodrie. You keep going with your Dundee obsession if that's what floats your boat.

Neither is Callum Davidson, yet you're talking about him. [emoji23]

I do love irony in the morning.

I'd be fine with Tommy Wright. He's not an exciting candidate, but he'd be a safe pair of hands. Would be interested to see how he did with a larger budget, relative to the league he's in. Alex Neil is slightly more exciting, but at the same time he's  more of a risk. Plus there's no guarantee he wants to come back north so soon after an up and down time in England. I'm still holding on for McInnes staying for at least another 6 months though..? Am I crazy?

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As a Utd fan I've got a progress map of what happens next. You lads want to borrow it?

Nah, you're alright thanks, Dumbarton away in the league does nothing for me, no offence Sons fans. And the thought of dealing with the Falkirk fans and virginton, nah, you can keep the progress map.

Rumours being flying around ever since the end of Saturday's game and they're beginning to get tedious now. Until anything happens, no point in speculating.

Head in Sand ASC.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Why would you not want Tommy Wright? Worked miracles at St Johnstone. McInnes undoubtedly has done well but it's coincided with Rangers/Hibs/Hearts/Arabcûnts being shite in the main. You could say the same about TW but he has consistently led his team to league positions well above what they're budget should place them, and won a cup. Both of these things are what an Aberdeen manager needs to achieve.

My eyes bleed every time I watch us play St Johnstone.  It's effective at times as they're definitely a sticky opponent for any of the bigger clubs. However, one thing McInnes has improved season by season is how to break down the majority of sides that sit in with everyone behind the ball, especially at Pittodrie.  I'd fear Wright would take us back to Craig Brown days in this respect - organised, but loads of dire matches.

As for the Scottish Cup win and our need to achieve that.  I'd agree, but this season's team would likely have won it in any of the recent seasons when someone else kindly knocked out Celtic - including us in the season St Johnstone won it. 

McInnes' report card in leagues, cups, Europe, signings, handling the media and in showing general improvements is all good.........it's worrying that in Scottish football, that will inevitably lead to the whole thing being picked apart by either the weegie uglies or rich English clubs.

Really hoping we keep our manager, but the one guy I think could sustain us to an extent would be Alex Neil.

Listening to the interview Neil gave on Sportsound last month it'd be a pretty incredible u-turn on his part if he were to take another job in Scotland any time soon. I could see the Aberdeen job being tempting to a point but given the rate that Championship sides seem to rattle through managers at the moment I'd have though he'd hold out and see which jobs come up there.

What's the script with the delay on the stadium/training complex? IIRC one of Neil's key points about not being that fussed about taking another job in Scotland was the lack of facilities compared with teams in England.

As a utd fan are you not getting vertigo posting up here? Scuttle back down to the seaside league forum*

*You'd still be our friends and look after us down there, right?

Nah, you're alright thanks, Dumbarton away in the league does nothing for me, no offence Sons fans. And the thought of dealing with the Falkirk fans and virginton, nah, you can keep the progress map.

Rumours being flying around ever since the end of Saturday's game and they're beginning to get tedious now. Until anything happens, no point in speculating.

Head in Sand ASC.

^ ^ ^
Alighting at stage one.

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Listening to the interview Neil gave on Sportsound last month it'd be a pretty incredible u-turn on his part if he were to take another job in Scotland any time soon. I could see the Aberdeen job being tempting to a point but given the rate that Championship sides seem to rattle through managers at the moment I'd have though he'd hold out and see which jobs come up there.

What's the script with the delay on the stadium/training complex? IIRC one of Neil's key points about not being that fussed about taking another job in Scotland was the lack of facilities compared with teams in England.

Cooncil / pensioners in Westhill hate football fans. 

27 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I heard that interview on Radio Scotland too.

Was actually discussing Neil's comments on waiting for another English job with the ex-Dons player that works with me, and his response was something along the lines of "...and I'd like a blowjob from Megan Fox" 

(...he then informed me he thought Alan Archibald would be a shoe-in)

Edited by tarapoa