The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Press and Journal running a story that Celtic will offer Christie plus cash for Hayes. Just saw the headline so now idea what the actual details, if there are any, actually are.

Press and Journal running a story that Celtic will offer Christie plus cash for Hayes. Just saw the headline so now idea what the actual details, if there are any, actually are.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1256665/christie-plus-cash-to-seal-hayes-move-to-parkhead/

I was absolutely convinced we had lost Hayes in January, then he signed an extension, so I'm not going to look too much into it until he signs for another side.

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1256665/christie-plus-cash-to-seal-hayes-move-to-parkhead/

I was absolutely convinced we had lost Hayes in January, then he signed an extension, so I'm not going to look too much into it until he signs for another side.

Paywall :(

Basically Celtic like him, Cardiff like him, Mark Warburton wanted him for Rangers, Dons value him at £1 million, former Celtic boss Martin O'Neil likes him, Dons apparently want Christie plus cash for him, no quotes apart from Martin O'Neil talking about him in an Ireland context.

Stockley cleared of any wrong doing, a whole day of apologies to look forward to today no doubt. #positives

Fighting Jay can burst any Celtic players he damn well pleases. Nice that this has been officially recognised.

I would be a amazed if Sunderland offered McInnes the job that he doesn't take it and to be honest he has probably taken Aberdeen as far as they can go. It would be the worst time for our manager to quit as this team needs rebuilding now so I hope that Sunderland don't offer him the job and the rumours about McInnes resigning are false. I was reading some fans think we should give the manager more funds but he will need more than 5 million in wages to take on Celtic and no point going major into debt again. 

End of an era for this team and the last 4 years have been great which we continued to strengthen the team and although this team has done fantastic the only criticism is we only won 1 major trophy with this excellent team. 

Edited by Milners

Unfortunately once McInnes' name starts getting mentioned for jobs like this, the writings on the wall.

If it's not Sunderland, it'll be someone else.

Best hope may be he gets a chance to rebuild and gets a crack at Europe with us - just before English Championship clubs start sacking their managers once the season starts.

Happy happy joy joy.

Why would you not want Tommy Wright? Worked miracles at St Johnstone. McInnes undoubtedly has done well but it's coincided with Rangers/Hibs/Hearts/Arabcûnts being shite in the main. You could say the same about TW but he has consistently led his team to league positions well above what they're budget should place them, and won a cup. Both of these things are what an Aberdeen manager needs to achieve.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Why would you not want Tommy Wright? Worked miracles at St Johnstone. McInnes undoubtedly has done well but it's coincided with Rangers/Hibs/Hearts/Arabcûnts being shite in the main. You could say the same about TW but he has consistently led his team to league positions well above what they're budget should place them, and won a cup. Both of these things are what an Aberdeen manager needs to achieve.

I'd be fucking delighted with Tommy Wright. After an appropriate period of mourning/wildly lashing out at strangers/randomly bursting into tears at my desk, of course. 

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Spuddy would love this to happen, he'd have a month or two telling us we'd get relegated, then realise that Callum Davidson has had it covered. Dundee :lol:

Spuddy would love this to happen, he'd have a month or two telling us we'd get relegated, then realise that Callum Davidson has had it covered. Dundee :lol:

Callum Davidson seems like a total imbecile to me.

You're right though, I'd love this to happen, really love it.