The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Fairly relaxed about this summer. Whatever happens happens no point getting our knickers in a twist. 

I felt the team was coming to a crossroads - it wasn't going to stay together forever. We've actually had a good run of it. Not many teams have the same level of consistency year on year that we've had.

I see this summer as an opportunity. I'm sure McInnes has been doing his homework. We're a much more attractive club to sign for that we were when McGinn signed for us for example. 

We'll be there at the start of the season ready to push for another good one. 

COYR

I recall the utter joy of Niall McGinn extending his contract after his brilliant 2012/13 season. He'd only signed on a two year deal initially and I was convinced he's be off for a small fee, as we'd all become used to. Fair takes the edge off him leaving, thinking that I'd only expected to have him for a year. :) 

4 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

:lol:

If only somebody had warned Aberdeen 

To be honest Jack has split our support since the day McInnes moved him into the centre midfield position from right back position. Half our support have never rated him although I'm one that does rates him as I thought he was excellent the first 2 seasons with McInnes but last season when we made him to captain he was really dreadful. This season he has got near to the level he was producing previously although has had a few injuries so missed a fair bit of the season 

I think midfield is our strongest position in our team but he is now the worst midfilder in our starting 11 as Hayes (best player), McLean (my player of the season), McGinn, Shinnie are better than him now. If Rangers do sign him he will do a job for them short term but imho he isn't the player you need to get near Celtic. 

Edited by Milners

I've spoken to some rangers fans who think they're signing a nasty midfielder to add bite to their midfield (snigger).

Hell do well for them in games at home to bottom 6 sides that park the bus at ibrox. He is not the player that is going to get them where they 'expect' to be.

As has been mentioned if you had to lose any of our current midfield trio it is most certainly jack.

Jack is decent but if I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be more concerned if it were Shinnie or McLean that had went to the ****.

Bit of a sickener considering the rivalry between the two clubs right enough and I'd be pissed of at Jack big time.

Nobody can say for certain what happened but it's possible he lied to mcinnes about going there and made him look a c**t when he came out and made a statement that he wasn't interested in going there.

The alternative is that mcinnes knew he would likely go there and was trying to prevent fans turning on the captain for the last couple of months of the season and nothing would do that more than a captain leaving on a free to 'them'.

We didn't miss him too much in the last few games of the season when he was injured in fact we played some brilliant stuff. We move on.

The biggest insult we can give to him on his return to pittodrie is to not boo him at all.

Nobody can say for certain what happened but it's possible he lied to mcinnes about going there and made him look a c**t when he came out and made a statement that he wasn't interested in going there.

The alternative is that mcinnes knew he would likely go there and was trying to prevent fans turning on the captain for the last couple of months of the season and nothing would do that more than a captain leaving on a free to 'them'.

We didn't miss him too much in the last few games of the season when he was injured in fact we played some brilliant stuff. We move on.

The biggest insult we can give to him on his return to pittodrie is to not boo him at all.

I'd imagine it would be the alternative version but you never know.

What I'd give for those c***s to go bust again.

some of the reactions on FB about Jack are a bit concerning...Grown Men acting like this over someone moving Job's is quite sad!! As has been said above he wasn't even one of the Dons' best players this season past so the faux ott reactions from some are just very strange.