The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As a Celtic fan I hope all of these Jonny Hayes to Celtic rumours aren't true.  He's a very good player but not as good as Sinclair and maybe a tad better than Forrest, but he's 29!  Would much rather see Christie get a proper chance to impress Brendan and bring in a younger replacement for Roberts.

I see your point.

Given you've had a season of Sinclair and Roberts, getting Hayes cannot be that exciting.  He is better than Forrest though.

I'm struggling to see what's in this for Celtic - as not sure he'd fit the bill of taking you to the "next level" you want for CL fitba. For that, you'd need someone that won't f**k up the final ball in a manner that Jonny did in the cup final when he was bearing in on goal with McLean standing in space equivalent to the Gobi Desert waiting for a tap in.

Christie's a cracking player, but needs regular football - if the outcome for AFC at the end of this is 7-figures worth of dosh for a 30 year old, and Ryan Christie in our squad for next season - then I will certainly live with that  (as much as Jonny will be a huge miss for us).

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Aberdeen getting ravaged. Beautiful.

On 1/3/2017 at 01:33, Elixir said:

Aberdeen's best player coming to the Hearts for nout. heh.png

Still, he too clearly sees how much further ahead we'll be in the coming years, so it's a no-brainer for him, really.

Edited by Menzel

£1m + Christie on a permanent deal is an outstanding bit of business, as realistically, Hayes won't earn you more than that, considering Christie is easily worth double that if he can come even close to his potential. Its not as if Christie is some unknown quantity either.