The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hayes is a classy player, that's my main impput on this. Christie for a full season of any kind can only be seen as a positive, surely? 

It's not a full season if for potentially six of those games he can't play. Celtic are our biggest rivals for success in Scotland, we won't be challenging in the league but they are our biggest challenge in the cup. To give up arguably our best player for a good player who can't play against the team that prevented us twice from winning trophies isn't a great deal. The notion that we would knock off 450 thousand from the deal for a loan player is also ludicrous. We would effectively be developing another player for a team who have also taken one of our best.

Cash plus Christie on a loan is a terrible deal for us. Cash plus Christie as a permanent I can't see happening. Tbh Dons best position on this is to maximise the cash return for him, or not sell him.

I think Hayes could make an impact in the champions league. He'll still be absolutely rapid and have a great great delivery/left foot on the guy, hard worker too. Could be a shrewd signing from Celtic to be honest.

Would definitely want Christie for a season though. Then still don't think that would be enough. Need to get someone else in with pace to play where Hayes does imo. Christie is more like McGinn. Young Wright could maybe be a shout?

It's not a full season if for potentially six of those games he can't play. Celtic are our biggest rivals for success in Scotland, we won't be challenging in the league but they are our biggest challenge in the cup. To give up arguably our best player for a good player who can't play against the team that prevented us twice from winning trophies isn't a great deal. The notion that we would knock off 450 thousand from the deal for a loan player is also ludicrous. We would effectively be developing another player for a team who have also taken one of our best.

Cash plus Christie on a loan is a terrible deal for us. Cash plus Christie as a permanent I can't see happening. Tbh Dons best position on this is to maximise the cash return for him, or not sell him.

Fair points actually.

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

Fullly understand where you are coming from.

The problem we have in Scotland is that some players will only sign 1 year deals anyway before fucking off down south so Christie for 34 games is superb. Obviously Hayes going is a massive blow but Aberdeen are a big draw atm, got to back the manager to bring in decent quality with the resources available. 

9 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

The notion that we would knock off 450 thousand from the deal for a loan player is also ludicrous. 

Could you get someone of Christies quality for £450k?

Maybe not permanently but I'm sure we could get someone in on loan for a year with that.

Christie playing for us as a Celtic player only boosts the fee Celtic would eventually receive for him when he heads off to England. That privilege should not cost us 450k.

Of course Christie would be welcome here next season but the structure of this deal for a loan (if reports are correct) are an awful deal for us.

For me, Christie doesn't want to sign permanently, so should be removed from any deal.

If Celtic want Hayes, they have the money to sign him. If they don't want to spend the money, then they don't get him.

It's quite simple. Someone needs to tell the board we don't need to sell, unless for reasons we don't know, we do need to sell.

McInnes is back to being favourite for the Sunderland job. If he goes there we wont be getting Christie

If so we need to be going back to ask for more dough.

Currently the express are on the money its either

£1.2m + RC loan OR

£750k + RC permanent

If RC comes out of the deal need to be asking for £1.4m -£1.5m unless RC back tracks on not coming with DMC in charge 

Don't know what's worse - Hayes potentially leaving or a renewal with fucking Sodexo. Turns out the club do not listen to the fans on catering.

The new Pittodrie pies are fantastic. Glad we've got them tied down on a long term deal before Celtic make a bid.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As we're often reminded, Dembele was only £50k more and he's now worth over £400m.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sky Sports are reporting its only a loan deal for Christie. A minter of a deal.

Depends how much money we get tbf 

Anything less than a million is indeed a minter 

Depends how much money we get tbf 
Anything less than a million is indeed a minter 

The minter is what is being reported.

They're saying without Christie it's £1.2m and with a loan deal for Christie it's 750k.

Essentially saying we're paying 450k to loan Ryan Christie for a season.

The minter is what is being reported.

They're saying without Christie it's £1.2m and with a loan deal for Christie it's 750k.

Essentially saying we're paying 450k to loan Ryan Christie for a season.

It should be a f**k off. Full stop.
Not only do we lose one of our best players for peanuts we bring on one of celtic's as well who won't be able to play against them ???

Nah

I know it's mainly about the wages, but from a playing perspective it's not going to go well for Jonny. If he stays with Aberdeen, he will play every match, unless injured or suspended. Go to Celtic and he will play in the early rounds of the cups, he will play on weekends after Champions League matches against the smaller teams, otherwise he will spend his season on the bench. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know it's mainly about the wages, but from a playing perspective it's not going to go well for Jonny. If he stays with Aberdeen, he will play every match, unless injured or suspended. Go to Celtic and he will play in the early rounds of the cups, he will play on weekends after Champions League matches against the smaller teams, otherwise he will spend his season on the bench. 

Really? If Paddy Roberts is away back to City, Mackay-Steven's off to Sheffield United it leaves Celtic with Sinclair and Forrest as the options for wide positions. I've not been following any speculation about Celtic's signing targets (Hayes aside) but unless they're going all out to bring in another player to play in his position I'd have thought Hayes would get a decent amount of game time in the league.