The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Stewart needs freedom to be the 'main man'. Let him do his thing, don't expect him to help out defensively and he will destroy teams. Force him into a structured role and he will flop.

4 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

McGinn having any luck getting anything down south? South Korea seems a bit of a sideways move.

It appeared on a news thread I was checking at work. Their coach is Ki Sung-Yeung's dad.

Source: Sun and Daily Record

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Sure I read something about McInnes saying there was no chance of McGinn coming back but until he signs for someone I think I'll have a vague hope he will.

He said it in the press conference yesterday as someone asked him about McGinn which he replied that spoke to McGinn that day but he believe that McGinn wants to try something different and still believes that is the case. Press conference on Red TV was excellent.

Scott Burns reporting that we've upped our bid for Stevie May, and the player is keen to make the move.

Sounds promising that this one will get over the line.

Maloney still silent...

He's apparently up this weekend to finalise his move

7 minutes ago, AR851903 said:

Scott Burns reporting that we've upped our bid for Stevie May, and the player is keen to make the move.

Sounds promising that this one will get over the line.

Maloney still silent...

Permanent or loan move for May?

Still think you need a centre half, ball winning midfielder and a pacey winger though.

Just now, sjc said:

Still think you need a centre half, ball winning midfielder and a pacey winger though.

We've bid £300k for him so permanent. 

Not sure about a ball winning midfielder, we have Shinnie who is excellent in there. Jack wasn't/isn't a ball winner. 

Centre half definitely though. 

Edited by shootingboots

He's reporting a 300k bid so permanent.

Centre half is an absolute must and winger less so but would be ideal.

You'd hope we'd have offered more than the initial reported £250,000, Preston would quite rightly have told us to bolt.

Hopefully a deal can get done, I think it would be a great signing.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

He's reporting a 300k bid so permanent.

Centre half is an absolute must and winger less so but would be ideal.

Don't you think you still need to replace Hayes' pace?

Fair doos. Hopefully his knee injury hasn't stunted his abilities. 

He scored an absolute screamer in one of his few outings after injury, so you'd suggest if he's treated correctly he'll be fine.

Don't you think you still need to replace Hayes' pace?

Probably.

But if this goes through then we're looking at an attack of Rooney, Christie, Stewart, may, Scott Wright, possibly maloney?

Whilst I agree it's not the quickest attack I feel like we've got good options in attacking areas. We certainly don't at centre half.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably.

But if this goes through then we're looking at an attack of Rooney, Christie, Stewart, may, Scott Wright, possibly maloney?

Whilst I agree it's not the quickest attack I feel like we've got good options in attacking areas. We certainly don't at centre half.

Whilst I whole heartedly agree that would be a formidable attack and that a CH should be priority I can't help but think that someone direct & pacey like Hayes is a must for games where you're hemmed in otherwise teams will just defend at high line against you.

Whilst I whole heartedly agree that would be a formidable attack and that a CH should be priority I can't help but think that someone direct & pacey like Hayes is a must for games where you're hemmed in otherwise teams will just defend at high line against you.

Yeah I agree we could probably use that, who knows Scott Wright might make that role his own this season if he kicks on.

I think we will at least try and sign someone like that, mcinnes knows how effective Hayes was for us.