The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

While not confirmed yet, Maloney will be a good addition in the Barry Robson style, adding experience and a touch of class. A real boost to have someone of that experience in the team.

With Stevie May, he does represent a risk but McInnes and Graham Kirk must be relatively confident before putting in so much effort to the bid. In terms of the bid, Preston are asking a lot for their player given his injury record, so Aberdeen are quite right to go in low and negotiate. Particularly if the player has told Preston of his desire to leave.

In response to @Kneetrembler, I do think we are going to see a change of style to a narrower game, but that may bring benefits in certain types of game. In Europe particularly, we've been snuffed out too easily out wide and ran out of ideas in the Third Qualifying Round. This may work better. A centre half is a must though.

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

If May doesn't cut his hair he'll be out walking his dog and find himself with his feet inside someone's wellies and a cock up his arse.

Either that, or fronting an REO Speedwagon tribute act.

I don't know which scenario is worse. tbh.

Nice touch from the boss. You've got to wonder if he's worth a punt as defensive cover on a dirt cheap deal? Or am I being too sentimental?

That's what I thought but he's had a horrific injury and probably 2 years too old - 35 next month.

17 minutes ago, scottorae said:

That's what I thought but he's had a horrific injury and probably 2 years too old - 35 next month.

McInnes has said he's not going for him in some pre-match comments today. Centre half (no gossip there), winger (Maloney) and centre forward (May, but willing to be patient and other irons in the fire apparently). 

If Rooney can get his mojo back then we may not need another forward, 1-0 v Saintees already. 

Greg Stewart looks massive these days.

Probably down to the fact that Hartley didn't allow 'gym work' ie, weights when he was our manager which made our team weak as. Probably the first thing he was told to work on down south.