The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

What that peachy black gangsta been saying now?

He struggled to say anything as his throat was filled by the Sevco boaby.

Am I right in thinking Duncan Fraser quit the SPFL board this year? 

Milne probably thinking this 'advice' the SFA/SPFL have taken is right enough and it's going to be a thankless task to waste our energy

I am finding some of the reaction on Dons Twitter to be a bit much. I sometimes get the impression there's an element of the Aberdeen support that hate the old firm more than they love the Dons. It's just a bit of an overreaction to something I personally find it hard to get worked up about.

10 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I sometimes get the impression  an element of the Aberdeen support that hate the old firm more than they love the Dons. 

There is no doubt this is the case. However, these folks also tend to be the Hard Core Top Reds that only show up for big games and when they do, moan and berate the team if they are not winning 5 nil.

Edited by Kneetrembler
typo

Think it's comments made by a man trying to get planning approval for a new stadium. Get the tories on side.

Agree with comments above about some Dons fans. They put far too much effort into getting upset about the cheating c***s.

As far as I'm concerned, they cheated, died and continue to provide me with laughs.

I'm quite surprised at the tacit approval of Stewart Milne's position here.

Stewart Milne is looking out for Stewart Milne and throwing the sporting rulebook out of the window in the interests of self-preservation and profit...

...these are some of the same motivations that influenced Rangers to cheat then die.

I thought we were, mostly, against that and believed that cheats must be punished.

It seems that the Dons are quite happy and willing to forgive and forget now that they've got a bit of cash, are building a new stadium and a good team.

Money and success certainly does shorten memories it seems.

I'm quite surprised at the tacit approval of Stewart Milne's position here.
Stewart Milne is looking out for Stewart Milne and throwing the sporting rulebook out of the window in the interests of self-preservation and profit...
...these are some of the same motivations that influenced Rangers to cheat then die.
I thought we were, mostly, against that and believed that cheats must be punished.
It seems that the Dons are quite happy and willing to forgive and forget now that they've got a bit of cash, are building a new stadium and a good team.
Money and success certainly does shorten memories it seems.

Yes, I care a hell of a lot more about my team than what the chairman's opinion on the correct punishment is for a club that don't even exist any more. Personally I would be in favour of stripping the titles, but so long as Milne is supporting the club and supporting McInnes he can have any opinion he wants on the matter.

16 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Yes, I care a hell of a lot more about my team than what the chairman's opinion on the correct punishment is for a club that don't even exist any more. Personally I would be in favour of stripping the titles, but so long as Milne is supporting the club and supporting McInnes he can have any opinion he wants on the matter.

Which is tacitly approving the chairman of your own club's position, and his statement that as "Chairman of Aberdeen football club" he sees cheating that has went on should be overlooked.  Because, strangely, it is "in the past".

If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd distance myself from that position as clearly as possible and express disgust in any way that I could.

When my chairman comes out and does similar, and I expect him to, then I'll do just that.

However much of an obstacle I am to expressing his view, which is minuscule, it is still correct to do so.  If all fans do the opposite, you know - "meh", then it's a free pass for all chairman of all clubs, for the SPFL, the SFA and anyone else with an interest to sweep this sorry episode under the carpet.

As an aside, "We're alright jack", doesn't seem to me to sit very well with the aims and ideals of those on the left of the political spectrum.

Shouldn't you care "a hell of a lot more" about the environment in which your team resides, making that fair and meaningful, at least as much as the wellbeing of your team itself?

Edited by Shades75

Which is tacitly approving the chairman of your own club's position, and his statement that as "Chairman of Aberdeen football club" he sees cheating that has went on should be overlooked.  Because, strangely, it is "in the past".
If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd distance myself from that position as clearly as possible and express disgust in any way that I could.
When my chairman comes out and does similar, and I expect him to, then I'll do just that.
However much of an obstacle I am to expressing his view, which is minuscule, it is still correct to do so.  If all fans do the opposite, you know - "meh", then it's a free pass for all chairman of all clubs, for the SPFL, the SFA and anyone else with an interest to sweep this sorry episode under the carpet.
As an aside, "We're alright jack", doesn't seem to me to sit very well with the aims and ideals of those on the left of the political spectrum.
Shouldn't you care "a hell of a lot more" about the environment in which your team resides, making that fair and meaningful, at least as much as the wellbeing of your team itself?

I really don't care that much about this issue.

Instead of giving Aberdeen fans a hard time about the baldy snakes comments fans of other teams would do well to pressure their own clubs/chairman about the distinct lack of anything being said, and I include my own club in that.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Instead of giving Aberdeen fans a hard time about the baldy snakes comments fans if other would do well to pressure their own clubs/chairman about the Dustin team lack of anything being said, and I include my own club in that.

I think Aberdeen fans led the way in the early days.  I think that a lot of them still are.

I'm just a little dismayed that, for some,  now that goals and glory are being delivered, Milne can do and say what he likes.