The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Am I the only AFC fan who wants to keep Storey ?

No need for Stockley now. All the best.

I'd keep him, I think he's quite good and he's impressed me in his cameos this season.

Hopefully be singing 'Who the f**k is Stevie May' when he bangs in his third against County on Saturday.

In my excitement I'm assuming he's not permanently crippled...

Nobody really knows.

I hope he does well, even against us. He's had an absolutely shite time over the past two years and deserves a break.

Fuckin' in there Dandies. 

Our team looks a bit like a dream team of SPFL players from 2013-2015. Stewart, May, Shinnie, GMS, McLean, Christie. Some team we've got now. Hopefully McInnes can get it to click, because at Accies last night it looked like he was just chucking players out and seeing what stuck. 

May is certainly something different to what we have though. Pace, power and a great finisher. Can't wait to see him in action!

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, he's been chronic. Even allowing for the fact he's been coming back from injury. There's a very good case for us starting Fisher just now.

As far as our squad goes there's nothing to suggest we're particularly anxious about Moult leaving. We've just binned Jacob Blyth and there's various rumours that we're open to offers for Ryan Bowman with Robinson looking at bringing in another striker to replace him. I'm sure we've got back up plans should Moult leave but we were clear that Aberdeen's (only?) bid was nowhere near our valuation and I think we've been pretty comfortable with that. Had you made the group stages for the Europa league there may have been sense in looking at meeting our valuation but even then...

In honesty, I think the whole "he wants to leave the club" thing has been misinterpreted by a lot of Dons fans as a "come and get me" plea. Of course he wants to leave, he signed with Motherwell with a view to furthering his career. Basically what he said the other month around the time there was speculation about the bid from Aberdeen was what everyone around Motherwell knows. The sales pitch we give players is that we'll give them a platform and if an opportunity comes along that benefits the player and Motherwell in so much as our valuation is met and it's a step up in their career then we won't stand in their way. However our valuation needs to be met and from the player's point of view then I'd think that unless it's Celtic (or possibly Rangers) who are showing a genuine interest, which in itself is unlikely, that pathway is more likely to be geared towards moving from Scotland to the Championship/League 1 in England.

However the acknowledgement is that it's got to benefit both parties. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the club, player and his agent have an unofficial figure agreed as to what we'd accept. The problem for Aberdeen is that it's unlikely that you'd be prepared to pay it. In all seriousness, if Motherwell are asking for even a structured deal worth £650k for Moult it's unlikely Aberdeen would pay that (nor should they). Motherwell's valuation is clearly focused on the English market, as I've mentioned before the bulk of our outgoings either transfers or under freedom of contract are cross-border or abroad; Johnson to Oxford, Pearson to Atletico de Kolkata, Hall to Brighton, Erwin to Leeds, Hutchinson to Fulham, Randolph to Birmingham, Porter to Derby, McCormack and Quinn to Cardiff, Anier to Erzgebirge Aue, Ojamaa to Legia Warsaw, Higdon to N.E.C Nijmegen, Humphrey to Preston, Reynolds to Sheffield Wednesday. There are very few key players who have been under contract that we've sold to other Scottish clubs.

The obvious counter is "but Motherwell can't afford not to cash in, they're a selling club"...Sutton scored more goals than Moult and left for free, Higdon scored more goals than Moult and got POTY and left for free, we told Scott McDonald to sit on his arse when offers came in for him twice last season and he left for free. It's our stated business model that we bring players in with a view to developing and selling for profit but equally we've shown over the past few seasons we're totally fine with kb'ing offers that don't suit us.

I'll be 100% honest, if you're able to get Stevie May in then Aberdeen would be absolutely mental to be paying what we're reported to be asking for Moult.

Such is the clamour for Moult i'd say that most Aberdeen fans, particularly the "folk" on that afc chat forum, would do a straight swap for him with Rooney.

I'm guessing you'd eat your own ass with a spoon if that was to happen?