The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 hours ago, betting competition said:

Was never a fan of tangoman as the football was dreadful to watch and negative - think the fans had enough of his type of football even though he managed to get some decent results and qualified for europe a few times. I've wanted every manager sacked from Portaloo onwards till Derek McInnes came in. 

Ditto :lol:

I’d rather keep Deek than lose him however this

My fear is not losing McInnes, it is who the dimwits in the boardroom will appoint in his place. The last quarter of a century has been a procession of bad decisions & bad appointments and I have no confidence that won’t continue.

is spot on 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/04/30/aberdna-membership-drives-football-investment/

Over 3,000 Dons supporters have now signed-up to AberDNA, the Club’s new official membership scheme that provides compelling benefits for our supporters across the globe and promises to deliver 100% of the net proceeds to the football operation. The membership initiative has already raised over £500,000 in gross revenue since its launch.  

Upon hearing the news that the latest membership milestone had been reached Derek McInnes had this message for the Red Army, “I would like to say a big thank you to the 3,000 supporters who have become founding members of AberDNA. The support since I have arrived at the club has been excellent and your further contribution as members is a massive boost as we strive to take the club forward and prepare for the 2018/19 season.  

“With Celtic’s turnover at £90 million, Rangers around £30 million and Aberdeen £15 million, finding innovative new ways to support the football operation is essential to the club’s future. A rejuvenated Hearts and Hibs are also closing the gap given they are enjoying bigger average home attendances.  

“To level the playing field, and be as competitive as we can be, I urge anyone who hasn’t already considered AberDNA to do so and sign up now.  I know that everyone has different circumstances to consider, and that’s why this is a voluntary membership.  “If just 6% of our 100,000 fans join AberDNA, we’d have 6,000 members contributing a significant amount of money each year to support investment in the first team, youth development and sports science – that’s a potential game-changer for this football club.  

“Your backing and support is very much appreciated.”

47 minutes ago, d31 said:

Tony Watt?

Ross Wallace?

Dylan McGeouch?

Tony Kroos ?

William Wallace ?

Bob Dylan ?

I like this game, I think it could take off.

DcW7LouXcAMFL8-.jpg

Read a few folks on Facebook complaining about pre-season fixtures :lol:

Total shite. Yeah playing Brechin who couldn't win a game all season in the Championship & an amateur highland is great preparation. Book your season tickets now for another year of disappointment

2nd year running absolute shite preseason we shud b playing high profile clubs from english championship and abroad

On 5/3/2018 at 06:21, Suspect Device said:

He's got a few folk pointing out his error. :thumsup2

Europe football writer knows f**k all about football.

Surprised to see Aberdeen fans rushing to point out that Madrid lost to Galatasary in 2000 in the European Super Cup if I'm honest.