The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think we'll be a better team next season - not too hard as we just never got going this year. Some signings were a disappointment and DM just wasnt happy to stick with a regular selection.
Ironic thing being we could well be a better team next season get a similar points total but end up third. We just need to focus on improving on this season and not get too worried about anyone else.

No excuse for league cub but you need a bit of luck in the cups. We used up all our luck in the Scottish cup quarter final. We were missing missing Logan, Shinnie and Mclean in the semifinal.

We finished second again despite this season being "shite" - we'll try again to win a cup next season but If you don't think we're doing well you are bonkers.

Taking away Fergie trophies then we have only won 9 trophies in our history so on average a trophy every 12 years. Apart from Fergie only two managers have won 2 trophies (Dave Halliday and Alex Smith/Jocky Scott - hopefully Derek McInnes can join them.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Taking away Fergie trophies then we have only won 9 trophies in our history so on average a trophy every 12 years. Apart from Fergie only two managers have won 2 trophies (Dave Halliday and Alex Smith/Jocky Scott - hopefully Derek McInnes can join them.

Realism is a depressing kick in the nads...............

I was definitely spoiled, being a teenager during the Fergie years.

Any truth in the rumour Tansey has agreed a severance package with you lot?

Probably had his only decent games against us so I'm blinded by that, but hes someone I'd love us to add in midfield. Constantly used to drop deep and dictate play against us.

Probably had his only decent games against us so I'm blinded by that, but hes someone I'd love us to add in midfield. Constantly used to drop deep and dictate play against us.

No idea but he looked shocking for us, gave away one of the stupidest penalties I've ever seen a Dons player concede and I would be very surprised to see him play in an Aberdeen shirt again.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think it will be true but I'd be surprised if its announced before we make a couple more signings

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes has confirmed to the P & J today that Tansey is free to leave Aberdeen. Article suggests County want him but Tansey is keen to remain in the Premiership.

Seems so.

Once upon a time, he and Draper absolutely dominated the midfield for ICT. Draper only started to show that form once he got fit for us at the tail end of the season. It’s been a while since Tansey has been an effective player. He completely disappeared in his last season in Inverness.

Maybe he was lightening in a bottle.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

McInnes has confirmed to the P & J today that Tansey is free to leave Aberdeen. Article suggests County want him but Tansey is keen to remain in the Premiership.

Does that mean I'm ITK? :lol:

Not convinced they'll be many top flight clubs after him. We need a CM comfortable on the ball though, so he seems a really obvious fit, to me. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Seems so.

Once upon a time, he and Draper absolutely dominated the midfield for ICT. Draper only started to show that form once he got fit for us at the tail end of the season. It’s been a while since Tansey has been an effective player. He completely disappeared in his last season in Inverness.

Maybe he was lightening in a bottle.

Do you think playing beside Davidson could maybe replicate what he had with Draper? 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does that mean I'm ITK? :lol:

Not convinced they'll be many top flight clubs after him. We need a CM comfortable on the ball though, so he seems a really obvious fit, to me. 

Apparently McInnes said months ago that he would "be off back to his comfort zone in the Highlands" at the end of the season. So an Aberdeen fan said to me a few weeks back. It's really not worked out for him at all but I was bemused when McInnes kept pursuing him after 18 months of abject performances for us. Certainly a move to Perth would tick some of the boxes he seeks.

Edited by RiG