The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Sounds like Birmingham and Ipswich fans weren't overwhelmed by him, but most opposition he will face here will be below Championship level. 

I'm trying not to make a ridiculously optimistic comment that people will quote in six months' time if he transpires to be another Tansey, but I think it has the potential to be a very decent signing. I certainly think we could do much worse, anyway. 

In other news, I see Jason Naismith has signed for Peterborough. Disappointed, as he is a player I rate highly and I think would have been a very sound addition for us, but I suppose right-back isn't the most pressing priority, although we would ideally sign some sort of competition for Logan after a relatively poor season. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sounds like Birmingham and Ipswich fans weren't overwhelmed by him, but most opposition he will face here will be below Championship level. 

I'm trying not to make a ridiculously optimistic comment that people will quote in six months' time if he transpires to be another Tansey, but I think it has the potential to be a very decent signing. I certainly think we could do much worse, anyway. 

In other news, I see Jason Naismith has signed for Peterborough. Disappointed, as he is a player I rate highly and I think would have been a very sound addition for us, but I suppose right-back isn't the most pressing priority, although we would ideally sign some sort of competition for Logan after a relatively poor season. 

4 seasons playing regularly in the championship and the 6 seasons previous to that playing regularly in League One. Lots and lots of players dont have that CV.  

1 hour ago, bs1903 said:

If this comes off it will be the first and probably last time I will ever have an exclusive:lol:

Man, you'll get nowhere with that kind of sensible self-deprecation.
You should be giving big  ITK,  and dishing out "telts".   

6 hours ago, akredz said:

Man, you'll get nowhere with that kind of sensible self-deprecation.
You should be giving big  ITK,  and dishing out "telts".   

Aye your right, its week old news and I’ll be fucked if I know why its taken this long to come out:P

34 minutes ago, bs1903 said:

Aye your right, its week old news and I’ll be fucked if I know why its taken this long to come out:P

there was someone on twitter asking Forrester that there were two players doing medical together and who was the second player. Perhaps it was completed late Thurs or early Friday and they didnt want to have it in media same day as Cooper tribute

I think Gleeson is a very decent signing if it’s in the bag. Plenty championship experience, has played > 300 games in last 9 years or so, on the international fringes, and still has 4 or 5 years left at his peak. What’s not to like?

48 minutes ago, d31 said:

there was someone on twitter asking Forrester that there were two players doing medical together and who was the second player. Perhaps it was completed late Thurs or early Friday and they didnt want to have it in media same day as Cooper tribute

I was just taking the piss, wasnt really reading too much into it. But what youve said ties exactly with the info i received so could well have been as you have said with Coopers tribute.

From what I've read he seems like a replacement for Jack, thought he was sorely missed early last season to provide the defence with an easy out-ball. Has anyone else read the Modern Fitba piece on last seasons tactics?

With what sounds like a shuttler type midfielder hopefully Shinnie's energy can be used further up the park, also a few times early in the season McLean seemed to be caught out when he came deep either taking too much time or playing an overly ambitious pass.