The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Im finding it hard to disagree with what he is saying but Aberdeen and Scottish football are better off without him. He’s brought a bit of money to the game Im guessing,  but he ran one of Scotlands most Successful clubs and stadiums in to absolute mediocrity for years. Then went the **** went bust there was the opportunity for change with the whole voting arrangement and he fucked it up for everybody that wanted change.

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im finding it hard to disagree with what he is saying but Aberdeen and Scottish football are better off without him. He’s brought a bit of money to the game Im guessing,  but he ran one of Scotlands most Successful clubs and stadiums in to absolute mediocrity for years. Then went the **** went bust there was the opportunity for change with the whole voting arrangement and he fucked it up for everybody that wanted change.

Exactly what every Dons fan is saying today, there was the chance, but ohhh nooo - "We need a strong Rangers"  Go and get fucked wiggy, I've defended you over the years, but to come out with this hypocritical pish as you leave, when you had every chance to change it, f**k off, and then when you've fucked off, f**k off again. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a hypocritical arse. When Rangers fucked off the chance was there to get rid of the 11-1 vote, he opposed it beside Celtic. 

He fucked the chance for change up.

He is. He's been more than happy for Scottish football to pursue the route of milking TV money out of the old firm brand and designing the entire league structure around it, not to mention his 'we all want to see Rangers as strong as they can be' comments when we were directly competing with them in the league.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

He's is the epitome of a ba'heid. His legacy to AFC is going to be damage limitation for the next decade and his legacy to Scottish Football is the Same Old Same Old for perpetuity. Good riddance numpty.

Maybe it's just me, but is Wilson actually a better player than Del seems to think he is?
James-o has always impressed me when he's given a game.

Aye he’s become my Stevie May figure this season. His touch is super, and he’s made a couple of telling contributions the last couple of games. His confidence is rock bottom mind and he has a lot of work to do. I still think there’s a player there mind.

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Aye he’s become my Stevie May figure this season. His touch is super, and he’s made a couple of telling contributions the last couple of games. His confidence is rock bottom mind and he has a lot of work to do. I still think there’s a player there mind.

family guy wtf GIF

200.gif&key=5cdba72888cb3c3ebf56599eba1ec699728835544ce832e86422b5f78c08f978

Hahaha sorry I didn’t expand, what I meant is: he’s a player who I desperately want to do well, despite him obviously not being up to it currently.

Their failings are different and distinct, and Stevie May’s touch was rotten. Wilson’s touch is really good and his technique is decent. Both lack the composure currently but I would persevere with Wilson and give him a chance through the middle alongside Cosgrove.

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Hahaha sorry I didn’t expand, what I meant is: he’s a player who I desperately want to do well, despite him obviously not being up to it currently.

Their failings are different and distinct, and Stevie May’s touch was rotten. Wilson’s touch is really good and his technique is decent. Both lack the composure currently but I would persevere with Wilson and give him a chance through the middle alongside Cosgrove.

Ha, I knew. Always wanted to have a reason to use that gif.

I've never understood why Milne didn't want the voting structure to get sorted when he had the chance (maybe never forgave the other clubs for voting to move to Setanta?), but I think people overstate how important the voting rights are anyway.

How many ideas have been put forward for change that have been voted down in the last 5 years? Any at all? Would be nice if the other clubs could dictate any change that comes without obstacle, but to pretend like anything would already be better because of scrapping the 11-1 voting seems daft. 

21 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

I've never understood why Milne didn't want the voting structure to get sorted when he had the chance (maybe never forgave the other clubs for voting to move to Setanta?), 

I reckon he was tricked by the evil reptoid Lawwell and the current sour grapes are a result of finding out he'd been done. 

44 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Possible. Surely much more likely that the uninspired collection of leaders of the game in Scotland don't know what needs changing or how to go about it?

Probably also true.

But the voting structure is there to protect the self preservation of the OF clubs, the exact thing he is now complaining about as he heads out the door. It's a good soundbite to say 'Old Firm Bad' as a parting shot but as has been said he had his chance to change it and blew it.