The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

When a player with Taylor's many limitations has been one of your best performers over a season, which he has been, I think that tends to say more about the rest of the squad than anything else. I wouldn't be completely opposed to giving him a new deal, but I also wouldn't want him as a regular starter under the next manager. I agree with the point above about ideally only wanting to accommodate one from him and Considine in the squad, and Considine is already signed up. 

Hoban is the only one of the out-of-contract players I would really like to keep. He hasn't been as good recently as he was immediately upon his return, but he is playing the most football he ever has in a single season and it has probably begun to catch up with him. It is a minor miracle that he has got this far without breaking down, to be honest. He will probably go back to England, unfortunately. I think some, including myself earlier in the season, probably got a bit carried away with the level he is capable of playing at, but he will probably have done enough to attract some interest from lower-end Championship and upper-end League One teams. 

I agree with @Dons_1988 that Hoban is away. I think his loyalty was with McInnes for giving him another chance and not the club. There's nothing wrong with that.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We can definitely do worse than Taylor but we know he's on a decent wage. I'm happy to look elsewhere to fill it but maybe not an urgency as we have Devlin to replace too.

Is he? I always heard he was on a pretty low wage when he came back. 

Well getting rid of McInnes really made a difference.

And even after another defeat still five points clear of fifth with five games to play. Coming off the worst run for a long time. Testament to what a stunning job he continued to do there.

Hope you didn't get too used to all this success.  

23 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Well getting rid of McInnes really made a difference.

And even after another defeat still five points clear of fifth with five games to play. Coming off the worst run for a long time. Testament to what a stunning job he continued to do there.

Hope you didn't get too used to all this success.  

As a club who has spent the last couple years pissing about in the seaside leagues, pipe down about success.

2 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

As a club who has spent the last couple years pissing about in the seaside leagues, pipe down about success.

We're not the ones sacking a manager who had consistently delivered it and continued to do so.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Stephen Glass's 18 months at Atlanta 2 have prepared him well to succeed the third best manager in the history of the club.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hoban is gone. We could do worse than Taylor Tbh. 

apparently Taylor is away. whats the source on Hoban? I'd be happy to twist on the three centre backs (Devlin, Hoban and Taylor)

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

We're not the ones sacking a manager who had consistently delivered it and continued to do so.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Stephen Glass's 18 months at Atlanta 2 have prepared him well to succeed the third best manager in the history of the club.

Maybe, just maybe, our definitions of success are different. Our team has been on the slide for three years, McInnes' time was up long before we sacked him. His prior performance granted him a fairly long stay of execution, but the team's continued poor form meant a change had to be made to try and salvage a top four finish. 

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Maybe, just maybe, our definitions of success are different. Our team has been on the slide for three years, McInnes' time was up long before we sacked him. His prior performance granted him a fairly long stay of execution, but the team's continued poor form meant a change had to be made to try and salvage a top four finish. 

That's the point. The Aberdeen support have definitions of success that are utterly delusional and based on pure entitlement.

After this being on the apparent slide for three years you're about to finish in a European place, again. For the seventh time in a row. 

God only knows what you think success is, you can't even recognise it when its being delivered year in year out.

And what the hell do you mean 'salvage' a top four finish?  McInnes had you in a position you could pick the team by raffle the rest of the season you're absolutely guaranteed to finish no lower than fourth.  See what I mean? This is nonsense. You already had 4th in the bag.