The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, red23 said:

It's only a play off for the groups the scottish 3rd/cup winners get no?

The cup winners are guaranteed Group stages of the new Conference League as a minimum. However if the cup winner has also qualified for the Champions League qualifiers, the guarantee then goes to third place in the league.

42 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I'm sure @HibsFan would appreciate the poetic justice of that particular scenario...

There's no poetic justice, I've been telling anyone who'd listen for about five years that Derek McInnes will absolutely 1000% end up at Tynecastle within three years of him leaving Aberdeen.

The two parties were born for each other.

McCrorie is just a modern Murray Davidson and should be used as such.

Win the ball and pass it to your playmaker partner, or get the ball and bulldoze through midfield.

He'll never be anything more.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

bitch please GIF

Its easy to forget how good Davidson was when he broke through. McCrorie isn't good enough on the ball to do anything more than simple passes, and has too much physically to restrict to sitting at the back. 

Let him be a destroyer and expect nothing more, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. This obsession with turning every CM into some passing machine isn't necessary IMO.

10 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Do you lot know when Stephen Glass is gonna be in the dugout instead of Paul Sheerin?

Apparently Glass/Russell's first day will be Tue 13th Apr..............meaning the cup tie the following Sunday is their first match in charge.

the club called me today as I'm a season ticket holder. Expected a hard sell but (as per Daves q&a) said they weren't in a position to sell season tickets without having a better idea of when fans will get back in to the stadiums.

Said they are looking to offer an incentive to renew. Had a wee dig at the old firm (Rangers offering a take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher and Celtic offering nothing) but did add that it's a bit more understandable as both clubs have waiting lists for season tickets.

All in all it was a call making sure I was keeping safe and healthy and to expect another call at the end of the month.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

the club called me today as I'm a season ticket holder. Expected a hard sell but (as per Daves q&a) said they weren't in a position to sell season tickets without having a better idea of when fans will get back in to the stadiums.

Said they are looking to offer an incentive to renew. Had a wee dig at the old firm (Rangers offering a take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher and Celtic offering nothing) but did add that it's a bit more understandable as both clubs have waiting lists for season tickets.

All in all it was a call making sure I was keeping safe and healthy and to expect another call at the end of the month.

They haven't called me. Rude.

I got that call.

They didn't really need to at all as I will unconditionally buy a season ticket and DNA premium - and still await a new share issue (as I'm jealous of some of my older mates who had money in 90s to buy previously).

However, it is really good they do that - and shows that the right kind of fan engagement culture is permeating through the club.

2 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Where do you sit?

RDL.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They haven't called me. Rude.

DC saw your posts.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I got that call.

They didn't really need to at all as I will unconditionally buy a season ticket and DNA premium - and still await a new share issue (as I'm jealous of some of my older mates who had money in 90s to buy previously).

However, it is really good they do that - and shows that the right kind of fan engagement culture is permeating through the club.

Yeah. Was surprised to get the call when it was only giving info but was definitely appreciated.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

What incentives did Aberdeen fans get last season to renew?

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

What incentives did Aberdeen fans get last season to renew?

None.

There was some promise about receiving 'full value' whatever that means

there was an option to get a refund/discount on the missed games from 2019/20 season. so that was an optional part discount

17 minutes ago, d31 said:

None.

There was some promise about receiving 'full value' whatever that means

there was an option to get a refund/discount on the missed games from 2019/20 season. so that was an optional part discount

I see. So Aberdeen are calling season ticket holders and having a dig at Rangers for offering an incentive to renew last season when they offered none themselves? Odd.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I see. So Aberdeen are calling season ticket holders and having a dig at Rangers for offering an incentive to renew last season when they offered none themselves? Odd.

dont think so? maybe youve read a post wrong?