The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'd like Considine to be a squad player at this stage. I also want us to throw the two young full backs in at the deep end until the end of the season. 

The ends justify the means to playing Consi at the moment. the young lads will need to be spoken through the games.

I don't actually like Considine at centre half. Unpopular opinion I've always thought he was a better left back than centre half and his time as a left back has came to an end. At some point, to be determined,  in 2021 he will need to be phased out of the team.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I don't actually like Considine at centre half. Unpopular opinion I've always thought he was a better left back than centre half and his time as a left back has came to an end. At some point, to be determined,  in 2021 he will need to be phased out of the team.

I'm in agreement.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

Considine is a bit of a conundrum at the moment. He has competition at left back from Mackenzie and, competition from Hoban, Taylor and possibly McCrorie at centre half. 

As much as it would give me the fear to see Taylor instructed to play it out from the back, opponents seem to be finding a way through the centre of our defence during the past two games, which Taylor usually nullifies with his arial presence, more so than Considine. 

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

Considine could play in a free role behind the striker for all I care, hes a solid gold hero who should be going nowhere. 

100% he is presently the best left back at the club and the best left sided centre back at the club.

However I'd like to hope by 1st September that he maybe would not be.

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

That is extremely harsh. I would rather have Considine at centre-back than left-back now, and he was always offensively limited there with the ball at his feet, but I think he won our Player of the Year award from left-back twice. Granted, that is a bit of a popularity contest, but still hardly a sign of someone being "horrendous" or "horrific". 

I'm happy enough with Considine at centre-back now, but I only really came round to that opinion over the last two or three seasons. Previous to that, I thought he was better at left-back too. 

48 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

His time has been and gone but history will show he was one of the best players in the mcinnes 8 years and that was from left back.

Considine has spent much of his career being most folks third choice centre half and second choice left back, yet has still ended up making over 500 appearances. Even if we signed van Dijk and Tierney in the summer, he’d still end up making 30+ appearances next season.

52 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That is extremely harsh. I would rather have Considine at centre-back than left-back now, and he was always offensively limited there with the ball at his feet, but I think he won our Player of the Year award from left-back twice. Granted, that is a bit of a popularity contest, but still hardly a sign of someone being "horrendous" or "horrific". 

I'm happy enough with Considine at centre-back now, but I only really came round to that opinion over the last two or three seasons. Previous to that, I thought he was better at left-back too. 

I lost count that season of the number of goals we conceded where he was the root cause. Either lack of pace, or a hospital ball to a teammate, or just plain not marking the right guy. Offered slim to nothing in attack, except shelling balls up the line for Hayes to chase.

Him winning that poty award absolutely was a popularity contest 100%. And deservedly so because he's a glorious, wondrous lad.

13 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I lost count that season of the number of goals we conceded where he was the root cause. Either lack of pace, or a hospital ball to a teammate, or just plain not marking the right guy. Offered slim to nothing in attack, except shelling balls up the line for Hayes to chase.

Him winning that poty award absolutely was a popularity contest 100%. And deservedly so because he's a glorious, wondrous lad.

Havers. Having him coming in late from the left wing to attack the ball caused chaos as he was usually up against a small fullback. If he was a better header of the ball he'd have scored more. If he was a better header of the ball I'd probably have wanted him at CB all these years though.

Anyway on Considine, thought this was a bit revealing. Doesn't want to criticise McInnes but also praising Glass. Cosgrove basically said the same.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Havers. Having him coming in late from the left wing to attack the ball caused chaos as he was usually up against a small fullback. If he was a better header of the ball he'd have scored more. If he was a better header of the ball I'd probably have wanted him at CB all these years though.

Anyway on Considine, thought this was a bit revealing. Doesn't want to criticise McInnes but also praising Glass. Cosgrove basically said the same.

I thought Considine interview on RedTV was excellent. He was talking up Jack Mackenzie saying in a 1 vs 1 situation he was the best defender the club has.

Edited by betting competition

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I thought Considine interview on RedTV was excellent. He was talking up Jack Mackenzie saying in a 1 vs 1 situation he was the best defender the club has.

Which leaves me wondering why he has only just appeared for the 1st time now just short of his 21st birthday?

22 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It really was. Consi is literally the only footballer whose interviews I bother watching. He's the only one that doesn't make me feel like I've become measurably less intelligent by listening to him.