The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The replies ha ha 

Considering Chewing the Fat and Still Game are "all about the banter" it never ceases to amaze me how so many from that part of Scotland take everything so damn seriously and take total offence at any comment they don't agree with 

12 hours ago, Illgresi said:

From your experience is there a striker in the league that he particularly resembles? Looking at those graphs he reminds me a lot of what I'd have expected Adam Rooney to look like, but I know your data doesn't go back that far.

FWIW, Ramirez 2020 v Rooney in the EFL, percentage is how similar they are in "style"...

afc.thumb.png.3743361d6d3ae8fc5ebe568a492a1d4a.png

Closest match I could find from your previous strikers, purely in terms of style, is Curtis Main, but theres a big difference in how they actually performed...

afc2.thumb.png.01ec868c0c0ee61acdfa037a64b17400.png

There's genuinely not a man I love more than Shay*. Consi is an upright, statesman of a loon for example. I respect the man greatly..

Shay is a lad like us, and I fucking love him for it. Give him the key to the city. Make him a fucking director on the board.

*Apart from my Dad tbf.

Edited by Illgresi

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW, Ramirez 2020 v Rooney in the EFL, percentage is how similar they are in "style"...

afc.thumb.png.3743361d6d3ae8fc5ebe568a492a1d4a.png

Closest match I could find from your previous strikers, purely in terms of style, is Curtis Main, but theres a big difference in how they actually performed...

afc2.thumb.png.01ec868c0c0ee61acdfa037a64b17400.png

Am I allowed to be slightly excited by that? Presumably the best one man strikers in the league are looking to be close to/above 75% in NP Goal Threat and Possession. Creator...great...but not a requisite. Ball winner...again..great...but more down to the tactics deployed.

How about compared to Doidge and Nisbet? Don't tell me you haven't already prepared...;)🤣

11 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Am I allowed to be slightly excited by that? Presumably the best one man strikers in the league are looking to be close to/above 75% in NP Goal Threat and Possession. Creator...great...but not a requisite. Ball winner...again..great...but more down to the tactics deployed.

How about compared to Doidge and Nisbet? Don't tell me you haven't already prepared...;)🤣

v Doidge

Spoiler

afc3.thumb.png.b9a88a767bb64f188407458663a5ef79.png

v Nisbet

Spoiler

afc4.thumb.png.70a523cc6b1fec493450c64e62824814.png

I wouldn't base too much on these. Its based entirely on the, limited, numbers I've access too so misses a lot of context. Does a vaguely decent job though.

Either way, on paper the signing of Ramirez seems to make sense, so even if it doesn't work out it doesnt mean it was a poor decision to sign him, IMO.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

v Doidge

Reveal hidden contents

afc3.thumb.png.b9a88a767bb64f188407458663a5ef79.png

v Nisbet

Reveal hidden contents

afc4.thumb.png.70a523cc6b1fec493450c64e62824814.png

I wouldn't base too much on these. Its based entirely on the, limited, numbers I've access too so misses a lot of context. Does a vaguely decent job though.

Either way, on paper the signing of Ramirez seems to make sense, so even if it doesn't work out it doesnt mean it was a poor decision to sign him, IMO.

Interesting. Many thanks for your time mate. I'm sure you'll be tracking xG and xA in the coming season.

Interesting to see how he and E-Thom compare over the coming season. Look like they would be a perfect pairing.

15 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Interesting. Many thanks for your time mate. I'm sure you'll be tracking xG and xA in the coming season.

Interesting to see how he and E-Thom compare over the coming season. Look like they would be a perfect pairing.

Who would have thought Superman and JET would have such a questionable aerial threat?

On 25/05/2021 at 11:15, Merkland Red said:

My pal just drove past Cormack park just now. Said there was a single player on the first pitch. 

Hoping it's someone doing their medical.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/scott-mckenna-thanks-aberdeen-for-their-help-with-his-euros-build-up/

That's this one solved then!!

On 28/05/2021 at 22:20, Merkland Red said:

His overall goals to games ratio in the MLS doesn't look too bad considering he's came off the bench mist of the time this season.

He's also liking twitter reports linking him to the club now. Looks a goer.

It won't be haard for him in the north east of Scotland, then...