The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's already integrated and at one point was in the Scotland squad on merit. As a back up CB it probably appears to be a no-brainer for Glass.

It's not the decision I would have made but it's one player Glass hasn't had a look at.

There was also strong rumours that he wasn't injured for a lot of his spell here. He just didn't see eye to eye with the manager.

If we could get the Devlin that was here for the first 3-4 months of his first full season (when he was alongside his mate McKenna) then fine… BUT, that was 3 years ago.

Even if he stayed, I’d want a left centre half in (although I suspect McCrorie is going to be seen as a Jack of all trades, flitting between RB, CB & CM, depending on injuries). 

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If we could get the Devlin that was here for the first 3-4 months of his first full season (when he was alongside his mate McKenna) then fine… BUT, that was 3 years ago.

Even if he stayed, I’d want a left centre half in (although I suspect McCrorie is going to be seen as a Jack of all trades, flitting between RB, CB & CM, depending on injuries). 

I don't disagree. I only said I can understand him wanting to have a look at him.

1 minute ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Sully Kaikai

You heard something or just chucking a name out there for a laugh?

13 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Sully Kaikai

Just watched one of his compilation vids! shades of me warming up at GOALS  on cold & wet Tuesday night, the boys obviously a player.😉

Get him signed.

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I see ex Celtic striker Tommy Johnson is being linked to the head of recruitment role for us.

Currently does a similar job for Blackpool.

"Sulaiman Borbor "Sullay" Kaikai (born 26 August 1995) is an English-born Sierra Leonean professional footballer who plays as a winger for League One club Blackpool and the Sierra Leone national football team."

Untitled.jpg.4eae4050d2a87363b5a7c911a0c028c4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ramirez appears to not really know his audience with this social media output :lol:

Yeah I think people coming from the MLS to the UK must have a bit of a culture shock at the levels of malevolence and anger here compared to their support. 😂

Edited by Rodhull

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Unpleasant flashbacks to Mackie appearing on the back of the EE every Calderwood pre-season with the headline that he was aiming to hit double-figure goals to "silence the Pittodrie boo-boys". 

Not too mention

Derek "I'll score your goals" Young

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Unpleasant flashbacks to Mackie appearing on the back of the EE every Calderwood pre-season with the headline that he was aiming to hit double-figure goals to "silence the Pittodrie boo-boys". 

He did, once. 15 if i remember rightly. Not sure whether one might have been the unwitting rebound from the goalie chucking it at his head. I loved Darren Mackie even though he was shite. 

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I see ex Celtic striker Tommy Johnson is being linked to the head of recruitment role for us.

Currently does a similar job for Blackpool.

Blackpool seem to be incredibly in data analysis in terms of signings, fwiw, so expect plenty of punts on folk from English League Two/National League if he joins.

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Reminder.

Somewhat worrying the general theme of that (albeit I'm only 5 minutes in), that the team is nearly done.

Some significant areas of concern within the squad remain.