The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As I said before, we’re all entitled to our opinion, but I simply don’t agree with your take on last night’s interview. For more than a few weeks now, Cormack has been getting stick for saying nothing during this concerning run. Yesterday he gets an invite from the BBC to come on for a live interview on Sportsound, and accepts knowing full well that opinion would be divided on what he was going to say. If he had turned down the invitation Kenny McIntyre would have said at the start of the programme that they are going to discuss the situation at Aberdeen, that they had invited Cormack onto the show, and that he had declined. The stick that he would have received for that would have been huge. Basically he couldn’t win whatever, but decided to put his head above the parapet and take the kind of flak that you are giving him.

I am genuinely interested in what way you feel that Aberdeen are about 20 years behind the rest of the clubs in the league?

@LIVIFOREVER - MultiQuote?

👍

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Joey, he was getting stick because you couldn't shut him up when things were going well. Especially when fans were blowing smoke up his arse.

First sign of trouble with his man in the hot seat and he was nowhere to be seen.

Didn't want to be seen undermining the management apparently. I had decided a long time ago that McInnes' time was up but Cormack had no issue publicly shooting his mouth about anything and everything when he was thre.

Merkie min, I wouldn’t say that coming on to a live show on the national broadcaster’s radio station after a run of five defeats on the trot, is being nowhere to be seen. He could easily have turned down BBC Scotland’s request to come on the show, then you’d have had a point.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So by your statement, Aberdeen are the last club in the league to have their own training ground and every other club in the league got their’s 20 years ago. That appears to be what you’re saying?

I think you're giving him too much credit.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So by your statement, Aberdeen are the last club in the league to have their own training ground and every other club in the league got their’s 20 years ago. That appears to be what you’re saying?

Only the modern ones surely? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What does Cormack Park have?

Our indoor facilities are basic I think, but we've got an all weather pitch and 2 grass pitches for training on at the ground. Always wondered where that would rank against other clubs in terms of owned facilities.

Nobody, well apart from Willie Bhoy, is having a go at St Johnstone’s training facilities. They got in there years ago.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I'm not convinced by the "giving youth a chance" narrative. Dean Campbell has been dropped from midfield in favour of two loanees and an old man. McLennan seems to be behind Hayes in the pecking order. Ngwenya has fallen back out of the picture. Apart from the two full backs who were first put in by Sheerin, have any youth team graduates really had a look in? 

Kieran Ngwenya is on loan at Kelty Hearts.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's sad news.

I only saw him play for the Dons once, against Falkirk in 1963, 3-0 to the Dons. He was transferred before the next home game.

It is sad and I remember him from my collection of a Green Final Pen Pics but not sure if I ever saw him play for us. Pretty sure he came back with Cowdenbeath and was part of the team that lost 7.0 in late 1970, which I was at.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

It is sad and I remember him from my collection of a Green Final Pen Pics but not sure if I ever saw him play for us. Pretty sure he came back with Cowdenbeath and was part of the team that lost 7.0 in late 1970, which I was at.

So was I, that was his brother I think, it wasn't George

Lads, I wouldnt worry too much.

This weekend you are playing the "need 3 points? Cant score in a brothel and manager under pressure?" charity club.

HTH and congratulations on your first win in a few weeks.......................

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

This weekend you are playing the "need 3 points? Cant score in a brothel and manager under pressure?" charity club.

That's us, shirley?

Guest Bob Mahelp

Cormack's idea to go on radio and 'communicate' was a good one. 

His idea to go on radio, rant like a madman, sound like a trans-Atlantic David Brent, and quote idiotic, meaningless 'day-ta' was not a good one. Don't even get me started on the 'Motherwell chairman called me and fans have been e-mailing'. 

It's up there with the Chuck Green banter years, and Cormack should correctly be ridiculed for it. 

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I doubt it'll be 0-0.

Fair point - I appreciate Glass has come in for some criticism, but I am certain he will have spotted that - in a change to last season, every single cross into our box seems to result in a goal.....................

49 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Have you actually looked at who has beaten us in the last four matches?

49 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cormack's idea to go on radio and 'communicate' was a good one. 

His idea to go on radio, rant like a madman, sound like a trans-Atlantic David Brent, and quote idiotic, meaningless 'day-ta' was not a good one. Don't even get me started on the 'Motherwell chairman called me and fans have been e-mailing'. 

It's up there with the Chuck Green banter years, and Cormack should correctly be ridiculed for it. 

He’s going to have to go some to win you over. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fair point - I appreciate Glass has come in for some criticism, but I am certain he will have spotted that - in a change to last season, every single cross into our box seems to result in a goal.....................

I wouldn't worry too much m8, honestly.