The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

These are just temporary bad runs of form. Even Alex Ferguson had that. He would still have got you into Europe, as he did every year.

He probably said he was done as he was sick of delusional Aberdeen fans who didn't recognise success even when it was rammed in their face year after year after year as they are the most delusionally arrogant fanbase in world football.

They were 2 "temporary" runs of bad form that happened close together 

Also they both happened in his last 18 months having never happened in all his other years with Aberdeen.  It was going downhill fast 

I know Dundee Utd fans are used to that sort of run happening every year.

Ferguson is the ultimate extreme example everyone gives. However 99% of football managers no matter how successful theyve been have a shelf life.

Mcinnes by his own admission had exceeded his. He was leaving at the end of the season anyway.

If Goodwin stays and gets top 4 and qualifies for europe (certainly not impossible in this tight league) does that mean we were justified to part ways with Mcinnes?

Or does Aberdeens current "temporary bad run of form"  over 4 matches have huge meaning for your trolling fun , whilst 6-9 months of shit "temporary bad run of form" under Mcinnes meant nothing?

Odd viewpoint 

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No.

Seems some opposition fans are desperate to do it every time we hit a poor run of form though.

It’s utterly boring. 

I don’t know what’s so difficult with the concept that having a good manager doesn’t mean they should stay in post for eternity. 

I liked and still like Derek, but I’m very comfortable that we moved on at the right time. 

8 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

They were 2 "temporary" runs of bad form that happened close together 

Also they both happened in his last 18 months having never happened in all his other years with Aberdeen.  It was going downhill fast 

I know Dundee Utd fans are used to that sort of run happening every year.

Ferguson is the ultimate extreme example everyone gives. However 99% of football managers no matter how successful theyve been have a shelf life.

Mcinnes by his own admission had exceeded his. He was leaving at the end of the season anyway.

If Goodwin stays and gets top 4 and qualifies for europe (certainly not impossible in this tight league) does that mean we were justified to part ways with Mcinnes?

Or does Aberdeens current "temporary bad run of form"  over 4 matches have huge meaning for your trolling fun , whilst 6-9 months of shit "temporary bad run of form" under Mcinnes meant nothing?

Odd viewpoint 

Yet despite "6-9 months of shit" you were 4th weren't you? That's how delusional you are and how much the consistent, sustained success McInnes had delivered spoiled you as a fanbase.

I was talking about Ferguson at Man United where he.jad.rums like that. He's the perfect example cause he's the best.

Aberdeen have never been as good since McInnes left despite increasing investment. Because he did a brilliant job and it still wasn't enough for the most delusional fanbase in the world.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Yet despite "6-9 months of shit" you were 4th weren't you? That's how delusional you are and how much the consistent, sustained success McInnes had delivered spoiled you as a fanbase.

I was talking about Ferguson at Man United where he.jad.rums like that. He's the perfect example cause he's the best.

Aberdeen have never been as good since McInnes left despite increasing investment. Because he did a brilliant job and it still wasn't enough for the most delusional fanbase in the world.

We started well for a few months and then we were horrific for 6 months and stayed top 4 due to incompetence elsewhere. 

Anyways Glass finished in the european places that season.. not mcinnes.

Ferguson and his time at Man Utd is a stupid example given by people who are desperate. Its a total anomaly as he was the greatest manager ever.

How many other clubs have kept a manager too long and ended up going backwards or even relegated? Dundee Utd have plenty of examples of that im sure!

By the Ferguson logic no team would sack any manager no matter what as long as they had been successful at some point ...

Are you suggesting if mcinnes (who.. as you like to ignore said himself he was burnt out and had told cormack he would leave at the end of the season) stayed he would have gone on to win numerous trophies? Or is the Ferguson comparison as i suspect totally pointless.

Just because Ferguson (the greatest manager ever) turned round a bad man utd run Aberdeen should have kept mcinnes... 😆

9 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

We started well for a few months and then we were horrific for 6 months and stayed top 4 due to incompetence elsewhere. 

Anyways Glass finished in the european places that season.. not mcinnes.

Ferguson and his time at Man Utd is a stupid example given by people who are desperate. Its a total anomaly as he was the greatest manager ever.

How many other clubs have kept a manager too long and ended up going backwards or even relegated? Dundee Utd have plenty of examples of that im sure!

By the Ferguson logic no team would sack any manager no matter what as long as they had been successful at some point ...

Are you suggesting if mcinnes (who.. as you like to ignore said himself he was burnt out and had told cormack he would leave at the end of the season) stayed he would have gone on to win numerous trophies? Or is the Ferguson comparison as i suspect totally pointless.

Just because Ferguson (the greatest manager ever) turned round a bad man utd run Aberdeen should have kept mcinnes... 😆

No it's not it's the perfect example because even the greatest had similar runs of form. So to hound a manager who's proven to be successful out of the door because of such a run of form is idiotic.

What do you mean 'numerous trophies '? See what I mean you're fucking delusional. You've won one trophy in 30 years and guess who won that? So success for Aberdeen is not winning numerous trophies it's exactly what McInnes was delivering. You'll never understand cause you're delusional.

22 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

No it's not it's the perfect example because even the greatest had similar runs of form. So to hound a manager who's proven to be successful out of the door because of such a run of form is idiotic.

What do you mean 'numerous trophies '? See what I mean you're fucking delusional. You've won one trophy in 30 years and guess who won that? So success for Aberdeen is not winning numerous trophies it's exactly what McInnes was delivering. You'll never understand cause you're delusional.

Wrong.

29 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

McInnes was leaving at the end of that season anyway, so all you’re slavering is over nothing. He was moving on after a long and decent spell. Nothing lasts forever.

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

McInnes was leaving at the end of that season anyway, so all you’re slavering is over nothing. He was moving on after a long and decent spell. Nothing lasts forever.

Because no success was good enough for the most delusional fanbase in the history of the game. Anyone would tire of delivering consistent success that your employer hadn't seen for decades and still being a hate figure to a bunch of fannies.

I'm with @HalfCutNinja on this one. Deek was a gem. I remember the Aberdeen fans had had enough of the man and I asked at the time who could they possibly get in who would do as good a job as he had done? Sadly Aberdeen's fans delusions of grandeur resulted in him being pushed out rather than sticking by him during a tricky period. You could perhaps be forgiven if Cormack had made a statement managerial signing, a big name that shows Aberdeen mean business. Instead you went with rookie Stephen Glass and then replaced him with Jim Goodwin FFS. It's laughable.

Hell mend you all.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm with @HalfCutNinja on this one. Deek was a gem. I remember the Aberdeen fans had had enough of the man and I asked at the time who could they possibly get in who would do as good a job as he had done? Sadly Aberdeen's fans delusions of grandeur resulted in him being pushed out rather than sticking by him during a tricky period. You could perhaps be forgiven if Cormack had made a statement managerial signing, a big name that shows Aberdeen mean business. Instead you went with rookie Stephen Glass and then replaced him with Jim Goodwin FFS. It's laughable.

Hell mend you all.

And spent millions to go backwards then at best stand still. All to placate a delusional fanbase that hated the guy, despite him doing a wonderful job, purely because he's a 'Rangers man' (so is Alex Ferguson btw you teuchter wallopers) despite him literally turning Rangers down to stay at Aberdeen.

My concern is Scottish football btw. I don't hate Aberdeen. I think Scottish football needs a strong Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts. And for the first time in decades McInnes had delivered that. Only for it to be ruined by a fanbase of delusional spoilt brats.

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Jim Goodwin will come good. 

Going to hold judgment until after the January window. Need to ditch the 352 stop show horning the favourites in. 

Need a Hector or a Charlie Nicholas surprise new year day signing in to boos morale for the fans