The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I thought he might be given until the end of the summer transfer window to get a full pre-season under his belt to prove himself, but Barry must have already seen all he needs to make a decision.

It's a shame as I had fairly high hopes based on what Notts Co. fans had to say about him, but he's been very unlucky with injury and hopefully he can go forward with a clean slate at Scunny.

Sadly I think National League is about his level. He was worth a punt, but it didn't work out, and we move on.

On 18/06/2023 at 17:39, DrewDon said:

Dave definitely doesn't realise how funny he is, which adds to his comedy value. The man oozes charisma and is irrefutably the main character.

Stewart Milne probably doesn't even know what Twitter is. 

Big Cormack is objectively hilarious. 

The hair, the accent, the mannerisms - I love the man with every fibre of my being.

On 18/06/2023 at 17:39, DrewDon said:

Dave definitely doesn't realise how funny he is, which adds to his comedy value. The man oozes charisma and is irrefutably the main character.

Stewart Milne probably doesn't even know what Twitter is. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I love him.

He doesn’t get everything right but his enthusiasm for the Dons is infectious and I fully back his outlook for the club and our wider game. His willingness and ability to financially back the club is also welcomed. Things like the new Training Ground, Red Shed and our new recruitment policy have been transformational in different ways.

Milne on the other hand was a risk averse bore who managed to plunge us into mountains of debt, sucked up to the cheeks, failed to make any sort of progress on stadium or training ground developments and completely bottled the 11/1 vote. He didn’t have a clue about football, he lucked out on a good appointment in McInnes and gave him the keys to the whole club which is completely unsustainable.

Burrows will prove to be a shrewd appointment, partly as his feet are more securely fastened to the ground than Dave’s. 

Whenever DC leaves the club, it’ll be in a better position than when he found it.

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Celtic's appointment of Brendan Rodgers should accelerate the answer to whether Liam Scales is signing or not. I can't see Rodgers wanting to keep him and will probably be looking to sell him. Burrows suggested a few weeks back that the Nottingham Forrest cash windfall (650k) would be used to sign him. I reckon we'll be roughly 500k for him if he signs.

He is  signing  should be confirmed this week ..

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t care what anyone says, I love him.

He doesn’t get everything right but his enthusiasm for the Dons is infectious and I fully back his outlook for the club and our wider game. His willingness and ability to financially back the club is also welcomed. Things like the new Training Ground, Red Shed and our new recruitment policy have been transformational in different ways.

Milne on the other hand was a risk averse bore who managed to plunge us into mountains of debt, sucked up to the cheeks, failed to make any sort of progress on stadium or training ground developments and completely bottled the 11/1 vote. He didn’t have a clue about football, he lucked out on a good appointment in McInnes and gave him the keys to the whole club which is completely unsustainable.

Burrows will prove to be a shrewd appointment, partly as his feet are more securely fastened to the ground than Dave’s. 

Whenever DC leaves the club, it’ll be in a better position than when he found it.

Without a doubt . Massive ego has our Davie boy but he’s been night and day to Milne .  The man gets it . Embraces all dandies . Who would have thought AFC would let us put our  ASC memorial bench outside club reception . He gets us all .  Red shed been brilliant and has changed Pittodrie big time . Cormacks positives drown out his negatives . Lucky have him .. .never be dull with Davie at the top .

Just now, Suspect Device said:

It's certainly different.

Not that I buy them anyway. I don't play football anymore so no point.

You mean you don't wear a full strip when you're on holiday in the south of Spain? 😆

Got to love some of the blurb on the website though… ‘cosmic swirls’, ‘heavenly dancers come out to play’. Top quality bullshite from the Dons. Can’t see St Mirren topping that for patter when we launch ours. Does the new Dons shirt have cosmic swirls on the back, or just plain black…. ‘The plain black back on the new shirt is designed to replicate the majority of nights in Aberdeen when there’s nae’ feckin’ Northern Lights to see’…

Nice shirt. Can see you selling cosmic amounts of it.

49 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Got to love some of the blurb on the website though… ‘cosmic swirls’, ‘heavenly dancers come out to play’. Top quality bullshite from the Dons. Can’t see St Mirren topping that for patter when we launch ours. Does the new Dons shirt have cosmic swirls on the back, or just plain black…. ‘The plain black back on the new shirt is designed to replicate the majority of nights in Aberdeen when there’s nae’ feckin’ Northern Lights to see’…

Nice shirt. Can see you selling cosmic amounts of it.

The money will swirl into the Dons bank account...