The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Didn't see much of it tonight but it looks like he's lost the fans. He does know that there are other formations other than 5 at the back.

Essentially playing 5 defenders, plus Shinnie and Clarkson who is being re defined as a "6" means we are playing 7 outfield players behind the half way line at home to Kilmarnock. That's a fucking scandal. Quick transition and all that other bollocks that Robson talks about doesn't work against a team that is organised and defends well. The only home game we won this season was against County which was more because we scored early and they had to open up. If you get to half an hour against this Aberdeen team at 0-0 you can be pretty sure you won't lose. 

Time for him to go for me. The comparisons with Davidson at St J are alarming. Young manager, finds success with system, refuses to change. He will likely get until the cup final but an embarrassing defeat there and Hampden will be poisonous. 

A mate said to me that we don't want to be sacking managers every season but the next appointment will be massive. This is a talented squad, that has had a few quid spent on it but is being stifled by the managers refusal to change from a system he believes will be successful. 

Tldr: Time to go Barry. 

3 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

It has to be someone experienced, no more rookies. Tony Mowbray released by Sunderland. He won’t be cheap but if rumours of what McInnes was on are true, it shouldn’t be unrealistic to get him if Dave opens his cheque book.

Mowbrays not going to go to Aberdeen :lol: he done a great job at Blackburn and Sunderland, will a pick of clubs on treble the money you can afford. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Mowbrays not going to go to Aberdeen :lol: he done a great job at Blackburn and Sunderland, will a pick of clubs on treble the money you can afford. 

He's a smashing manager and I'd even be willing to overlook his past Hibbieness if he repented and joined the good guys.

Would be a tremendous appointment for Aberdeen, but, like you, don't see it.

9 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

It has to be someone experienced, no more rookies. Tony Mowbray released by Sunderland. He won’t be cheap but if rumours of what McInnes was on are true, it shouldn’t be unrealistic to get him if Dave opens his cheque book.

I would have MacInnes back but not the tired version we had for his last 18 months - however, if he were to come back I am sure he would be motivated once again.  Those last 18 months the performances were un-watchable and I often felt I was completely wasting time and money going to Pittodrie

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

I would have MacInnes back but not the tired version we had for his last 18 months - however, if he were to come back I am sure he would be motivated once again.  Those last 18 months the performances were un-watchable and I often felt I was completely wasting time and money going to Pittodrie

No

Definitely a matter of when not if now with Robson. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with all the mitigating circumstances but things clearly aren't improving. Even when we get the odd good performance more often than not it doesn't come with a result. Can't seem him being gone before the final if we win that he'll probably last until the winter break.

As far as replacements god knows, unlikely to be able to land any of the managers in the english championship merry-go-round they all know it's just a matter of time until they get another shot. As poor as we were last night Killie were arguably worse so I don't see McInnes as the answer. Not even sure who we'll go to as caretaker switch Robson off and back on again and hope for another one of those winning runs? 

8 minutes ago, Donte Polvara said:

Definitely a matter of when not if now with Robson. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with all the mitigating circumstances but things clearly aren't improving. Even when we get the odd good performance more often than not it doesn't come with a result. Can't seem him being gone before the final if we win that he'll probably last until the winter break.

As far as replacements god knows, unlikely to be able to land any of the managers in the english championship merry-go-round they all know it's just a matter of time until they get another shot. As poor as we were last night Killie were arguably worse so I don't see McInnes as the answer. Not even sure who we'll go to as caretaker switch Robson off and back on again and hope for another one of those winning runs? 

McInnes is a definite no as he would not be willing to work within the structure.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Eight games to play in the next four weeks before the winter break. We can’t afford to wait, he needs to go. 

Eight games can change your whole season, from losing every week to winning every following game.

Ask any Hearts fan.