The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looks like Duk is off to Leganes who are top of La Liga 2.

A sad day. Will really miss Duk.

Where you heading this? 

Needed to be done but can't help but feel a bit of sympathy to Robson. Best of the last three managers I'd say but that's not a high bar. I've got no idea who we go for next and don't really trust the FMB to get it right. Couldn't really pick a worse time to change managers with the transfer window closing and both the old firm up next. Bad enough doing it once but three seasons on the bounce is incredibly bad.

1 minute ago, Donte Polvara said:

Needed to be done but can't help but feel a bit of sympathy to Robson. Best of the last three managers I'd say but that's not a high bar. I've got no idea who we go for next and don't really trust the FMB to get it right. Couldn't really pick a worse time to change managers with the transfer window closing and both the old firm up next. Bad enough doing it once but three seasons on the bounce is incredibly bad.

Can see this being an panic appointment again to get one over the line  

Can see it being Alex Neil but in different circumstances giving Rhys McCabe a chance would have been ideal. as an Airdrie follower/local i don’t look forward to the day he’s away to a bigger job, but with my Aberdeen fan hat on he would have us playing the type of football we want to see I can honestly see the guy have a very successful career in management if he gets his next job correct 

given the last 3 appointments I can’t see Cormack take a gamble on an inexperienced manager. maybe an experienced DoF and a youthful forward thinking manager would be the ideal scenario but can’t see that happening either 

26 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The form that got McInnes sacked was probably worse than Robson.

It was 

1 goal in ten games one of the stats showing how badly Mcinnes ended his time with us.

Edited by afc_blockhead

It was the right time for him to go, so I am relieved that the decision has been taken now. As has been said, given the relatively short length of his tenure, there were a number of good and memorable moments - the win at Ibrox earlier this season was one of the best away ends I have experienced, and the bounce after McGrath's goal in particular will remain with me for a while.

It was teetering on the verge of getting poisonous for him, and some of the stuff - such as the voice note from the podcast posted a couple of pages back and the ad hominem attacks on social media over the last couple of months - is definitely not for me, but I suppose that's just modern football fans, rather than exclusively an Aberdeen thing. 

I am hoping for Alex Neil.

Edited by DrewDon