The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah that starting lineup gave me the fear and it somehow turned out even worse than I expected. Having so many attacking options on the bench and then starting with 6 men in midfield never worked for Robson and surprise, surprise didn’t work here either. I thought Warnock would be fine for a short-term appointment but man it really is only heading in one direction.

Really hard to see us getting anything at the weekend. As for the rest of the season I think the hope is more that there will hopefully be two teams even worse than us rather than us improving.

One of those teams is only 4 points behind, and we have to play them twice - 30th March shaping up to be a massive game, as is 6th April. Can't see where any other points are coming from, St Mirren (A) - don't think so, Dundee and Motherwell both away - nah, Dundee (H) - not after the last home performance against them.

Tell me I'm wrong and we'll pick up a minimum of 13 points from those games...

58 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

One of those teams is only 4 points behind, and we have to play them twice - 30th March shaping up to be a massive game, as is 6th April. Can't see where any other points are coming from, St Mirren (A) - don't think so, Dundee and Motherwell both away - nah, Dundee (H) - not after the last home performance against them.

Tell me I'm wrong and we'll pick up a minimum of 13 points from those games...

I mean you’re kind of just making the same point I tried to. Saying I hope there’ll be two teams worse than us doesn’t necessarily mean there will be. Even a Derek Adams Ross County side would give us a tough game just now if he was still there.

34 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean you’re kind of just making the same point I tried to. Saying I hope there’ll be two teams worse than us doesn’t necessarily mean there will be. Even a Derek Adams Ross County side would give us a tough game just now if he was still there.

chewing-the-fat-scottish-comedy.gif.21e9c50d3188a4d1fdd2a3c9f335328d.gif

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Should've went with Neil Lennon,  in the short term he'd have had you guys motivated and hard to beat. Also knows the Scottish game.

He's holding out for the Ireland job. If he doesn't get, i wouldn't be surprised to see him at Aberdeen next season.

Gary Bowyer would have been a decent interim appointment.

5 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Somehow I'm straddling both just now. Fury mixed with stages of not caring.

That's like me with The Caley.  Absolutely raging that our players refuse to shoot, but fairly placid at the same time and genuinely don't care what league we're in next season, and just want the season itself to be over.

He clearly isn't doing a particularly good job so far, but I do find the demands to already sack Warnock from a section of our support a bit tedious. What happens after that? Leven until the end of the season presumably, and then what if he loses a couple of games in a row? After all, he is still on the coaching staff and will have Warnock's ear. 

It is probably just modern football fans on social media, but we do seem to be particularly bad for it. 

Edited by DrewDon

Listening to the RTG podcast earlier and they mentioned that the ST renewal prices were available to see briefly this morning. Apparently they’re increasing. Good luck selling that to the fans with the ongoing shit show. I’ll be waiting to see what our situation is before making any renewal. 

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

He clearly isn't doing a particularly good job so far, but I do find the demands to already sack Warnock from a section of our support a bit tedious. What happens after that? Leven until the end of the season presumably, and then what if he loses a couple of games in a row? After all, he is still on the coaching staff and will have Warnock's ear. 

It is probably just modern football fans on social media, but we do seem to be particularly bad for it. 

Sack Warnock and no doubt Cormack would quickly appoint someone who ‘knows the club’. Goodness knows who it would be, but someone who had some sort of connection to either Aberdeen directly, or if not, simply Scottish football. I said a good while ago that both Aberdeen and Hibs looked like two Scottish clubs who are churning through one manager after another, and look like continuing to do so until goodness knows who, can deliver goodness knows what. Win a cup and finish third while playing football in an entertaining way?

I’m genuinely not pishing my breeks laughing at the ‘constant churn looking for something’ scenario constantly being played out at Aberdeen and Hibs these days. Wasn’t so long ago it was my own club. Feckin’ revolving door of diddies. Rae, Craig, Stubbs, then we go through Kearney, Goodwin, Ross… Some were diddies, some did well enough but moved on. St Mirren’s expectations however are more clearly defined and achieveable than whatever the fcuk the ones at Aberdeen are. Hands off Robinson, Cormack, you full away strip w****r… 

Anyway, maybe next season Aberdeen and Hibs will stun us all by getting through a whole season with one bloke in charge, without being basket cases wrapped up in big stadiums with bigger budgets and supports like us wee diddy outfits.

15 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

You must admit in the lack of banter years this is comedy gold 🤣. The Dandy Don's in the Melter and everyone saying nothing to see move alone, County Hibs and St John must be looking and saying we can get out of this mess, 😉 

Our 3 games against county would suggest otherwise 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren’s expectations however are more clearly defined and achieveable than whatever the fcuk the ones at Aberdeen are. Hands off Robinson, Cormack, you full away strip w****r… 

Most Aberdeen fans expectations at the moment is to find a manager who is a competent tactician, knows the squad and understands how to get the best from them.

Unfortunately with Cormack he keeps choosing the antithesis of this with Glass, Goodwin, Robson and now Warnock.

So if he keeps picking the wrong managers with shit results then we'll keep calling him out until he either gets it right, gets someone else to pick the manager, or finally decides that running a football club isn't for him.

In my humble opinion, I'm at the stage now where I think Stephen Robinson would be the most sensible appointment.

Now is not the time for taking unnecessary risks (although a new manager always brings an element of risk), the club needs stability....and needs the new manager in position preferably in the next couple of weeks so we can send Warnock back to Devon or wherever he left the SAGA tour...

Having said all that, if Cormack continues his hands on involvement of the club then we're going down to the Championship eventually. The man seems to me to be a  self-absorbed clown.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

21 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Most Aberdeen fans expectations at the moment is to find a manager who is a competent tactician, knows the squad and understands how to get the best from them.

Steady on. This is Scottish football here.

31 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Unfortunately with Cormack he keeps choosing the antithesis of this with Glass, Goodwin, Robson and now Warnock.

So if he keeps picking the wrong managers with shit results then we'll keep calling him out until he either gets it right, gets someone else to pick the manager, or finally decides that running a football club isn't for him.

In my humble opinion, I'm at the stage now where I think Stephen Robinson would be the most sensible appointment.

Now is not the time for taking unnecessary risks (although a new manager always brings an element of risk), the club needs stability....and needs the new manager in position preferably in the next couple of weeks so we can send Warnock back to Devon or wherever he left the SAGA tour...

Having said all that, if Cormack continues his hands on involvement of the club then we're going down to the Championship eventually. The man seems to me to be a  self-absorbed clown.

If Robinson started his tenure at Aberdeen half as bad as he started at St Mirren, the fans would demand he be sacked. And he would be.

For me, Warnock’s biggest red flag is the way that he talks about the club. Aberdeen are obviously not a diddy team in comparison with the other Scottish Premiership sides, but you’d probably think they were if you had no prior knowledge of football and were listening to one of his interviews. He talks as if the issue is a lack of quality within the squad. It isn’t, at least in the context of our top league’s general standard. Aberdeen have been significantly underperforming with what’s available to them.

1 hour ago, Dubford don said:

Our 3 games against county would suggest otherwise 

His was such an odd post as well. Saying that Aberdeen fans are acting like there's no problem when almost all of us are in varying stages of anger, apathy or dread about the current situation.

Plenty of stuff for non-Aberdeen fans to have a laugh about at the moment without making up scenarios.

Edited by Rodhull