The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

34 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I've gone full circle on Warnock since his appointment. I initially thought he would be good for the Scottish game and would call out the blatant corruption towards the top two but he's been an unmitigated disaster. I quickly came to dislike him with his pithy comments and general lack of self awareness however that interview tonight is of a broken man. Aberdeen have fucked him. Give up Neil while you still have your health. If you need to do a Roy Hodgson to save face if you have to but go back to your grandkids and enjoy what's left of your life.

That's a semi circle.

Great tactics from Warnock. Go one up in the first minute with a wonder strike, then defend for the rest of the game, including taking both the wingers off. And that time wasting worked out well, eh? By the way, how come Miovski wasn’t playing?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Dave Cormack has really just come out and said “We don’t do walking away” 

Gone full Mick Foley and dropping comments like that to get fans on side. 

18 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Gone full Mick Foley and dropping comments like that to get fans on side. 

Aye its playing to the gallery and a huge red flag.

He knows hes fucked it and has no idea how to sort it.

7 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

How do you square that with the results in Europe though? And raking points off rangers this season. There's quality players in there.

We have definitely been more comfortable against a certain 'type' of opposition this season; one that allows us to sit in a low block, to create chances primarily through counter-attacks and transitions, and to essentially play a reactive game. 

In fairness to Robson, he did a good job of coaching us to play in that style against superior opposition; the primary problem is that this is not transferable for the majority of domestic games that Aberdeen will play in a season, and that was ultimately what ended up costing Robson his job. 

I suppose it isn't so much that there aren't some good individuals in there - there are, even if not as many as we initially hoped - but we are painfully short in key positions and the actual balance of the squad is completely wrong. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We have definitely been more comfortable against a certain 'type' of opposition this season; one that allows us to sit in a low block, to create chances primarily through counter-attacks and transitions, and to essentially play a reactive game. 

In fairness to Robson, he did a good job of coaching us to play in that style against superior opposition; the primary problem is that this is not transferable for the majority of domestic games that Aberdeen will play in a season, and that was ultimately what ended up costing Robson his job. 

I suppose it isn't so much that there aren't some good individuals in there - there are, even if not as many as we initially hoped - but we are painfully short in key positions and the actual balance of the squad is completely wrong. 

I get the point regarding balance, and it's a fair one. But on paper that team should be top 6, maybe similar to motherwell in that we score goals and create chances but have shockingly bad defence/keeper.

There is no dubiety about it, Warnock has to go, now. As others have said, put Peter Leven in charge for the rest of the season. I was happy to see Warnock coming in when he did, but he has turned it into a nightmare. For someone who we were told is a brilliant man manager, he has shown the total antithesis of this. With every single pre and post match interview he makes things worse. Never  takes responsibility, apart from the first 25 minutes against Motherwell. Tells the players publicly that only one of them is a leader. Tells the players publicly that they are not good enough. Tells the players publicly that he has to make do with what he’s got. Never comes up with solutions. Makes Bojan Miovski, our best player of the season by a mile, that he is at fault for the defeat at Kilmarnock. Always trying to crack a joke. 

He has been a f*ck*ng disaster.

Edited by kingjoey

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There is dubiety about it, Warnock has to go, now. As others have said, put Peter Leven in charge for the rest of the season. I was happy to see Warnock coming in when he did, but he has turned it into a nightmare. For someone who we were told is a brilliant man manager, he has shown the total antithesis of this. With every single pre and post match interview he makes things worse. Never  takes responsibility, apart from the first 25 minutes against Motherwell. Tells the players publicly that only one of them is a leader. Tells the players publicly that they are not good enough. Tells the players publicly that he has to make do with what he’s got. Never comes up with solutions. Makes Bojan Miovski, our best player of the season by a mile, that he is at fault for the defeat at Kilmarnock. Always trying to crack a joke. 

All true…very amusing though 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There is dubiety about it, Warnock has to go, now. As others have said, put Peter Leven in charge for the rest of the season. I was happy to see Warnock coming in when he did, but he has turned it into a nightmare. For someone who we were told is a brilliant man manager, he has shown the total antithesis of this. With every single pre and post match interview he makes things worse. Never  takes responsibility, apart from the first 25 minutes against Motherwell. Tells the players publicly that only one of them is a leader. Tells the players publicly that they are not good enough. Tells the players publicly that he has to make do with what he’s got. Never comes up with solutions. Makes Bojan Miovski, our best player of the season by a mile, that he is at fault for the defeat at Kilmarnock. Always trying to crack a joke. 

This seems a bit much.

It has been five league games, discounting Rangers where by Warnock's own admission he had next to no input, with a very flawed and unbalanced squad. These results and performances could just have easily have been produced with Leven in charge. It is still too small a sample size to be demanding a sacking, even if we have not had the bounce we hoped. 

We have to guard against reading too much into what he - or indeed any manager - says in interviews, too. I think Miovski is brilliant, but he was poor at the first goal against Kilmarnock and I don't think it is exactly outrageous for his manager to briefly note that. If Miovski is to have the career he is capable of having, he will have managers who will criticise him and expect a reaction. I don't think it's a big issue. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We have to guard against reading too much into what he - or indeed any manager - says in interviews, too. I think Miovski is brilliant, but he was poor at the first goal against Kilmarnock and I don't think it is exactly outrageous for his manager to briefly note that. If Miovski is to have the career he is capable of having, he will have managers who will criticise him and expect a reaction. I don't think it's a big issue. 

I agree with this.  Bojan went through a severe dry spell last winter too (1 goal in 10 league matches) so I'm not sure I buy this dragging of Warnock for his lack of form.

Just now, DrewDon said:

This seems a bit much.

It has been five league games, discounting Rangers where by Warnock's own admission he had next to no input, with a very flawed and unbalanced squad. These results and performances could just have easily have been produced with Leven in charge. It is still too small a sample size to be demanding a sacking, even if we have not had the bounce we hoped. 

Have you listened to his interviews? Negativity, negativity, negativity. Not accepting any of the blame, apart from, as I said, the first 25 minutes against Motherwell. He’s said more than once that Shinnie is the only leader we have. The dressing room must be in revolt. I normally like to defend managers and give them a chance, and I was in favour of Warnock’s appointment, but he is leading us into oblivion. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

This seems a bit much.

It seems to be the case now that a manager cannot criticise the players because they are all delicate little flowers and he can't hurt their feelings because that is unfair. 

Just now, O_Kahn said:

I agree with this.  Bojan went through a severe dry spell last winter too (1 goal in 10 league matches) so I'm not sure I buy this dragging of Warnock for his lack of form.

I didn’t say that Warnock was to blame for Miovski’s lack of recent goals. The chance he missed today was incredible, and didn’t even make on to the Sportscene highlights for some reason.

Who on earth does Cormack appoint if Warnock does get booted?  Leven apparently doesn't want it.  An ex-player to try and get a very short term-boost (Black or McLeish)?  Or someone who hasn't had a sniff of a job in a long time and would take a job for 2 months (Lennon?)

I wouldn't advocate for any of the above but I can't see what other direction he goes in.

Edited by O_Kahn