The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Shankland at the double on his u21 debut. What does he need to do to get in the starting lineup?

Also saw Reynolds wasn't in the Scotland team again, and with McGinn out of the NI team through injury, what exactly was the point in moving our match? If Strachan has no intention of playing Reynolds then he should stop picking him for squads.

If Matt Ritchie can come straight into the team as an attacking midfielder (our strongest position) then how can Reynolds not get a shot as a centre half (our weakest position)?

Thinking ahead to post-split fixtures (and I know there has been some discussion on this already) are we due Celtic and Hamilton/Dundee/St Johnstone at home and ICT, United and Hamilton/Dundee/St Johnstone away?

If its only 2 home games presumably we require a 3rd visit to someone not likely to be involved in placing the European spots.

Thinking ahead to post-split fixtures (and I know there has been some discussion on this already) are we due Celtic and Hamilton/Dundee/St Johnstone at home and ICT, United and Hamilton/Dundee/St Johnstone away?

If its only 2 home games presumably we require a 3rd visit to someone not likely to be involved in placing the European spots.

If we make the top six, hopefully we play you's away as its a cracking away day.

Anyone go to the testimonial? Stewart Milne played in the half time game :lol:

Aye, was a good laugh. FC Twente looked a good side and it was pleasing to see loads of the young 'uns get a run out.

The half time game was as you'd expect, a bit ludicrous but very funny. Been a wee while since i sang "hoos-ya, hoos-ya, who's yer fucking daddy. Good of all the auld yins to make the effort and put on a show. Also big credit to Twente for coming over and having the good grace not to massacre us as i have the sneaking suspicion they could have done. Really looking forward to more competitive European matches this summer.

A good night and a fitting tribute for Andy. Shame he didn't get a goal, despite them teeing up a plethora of crosses for his giant foreheid to bury. Perhaps appropriate for a Dons legend though.

I don't rate any of our current Goalkeepers.

I'd have Brown marginally ahead of Langfield in terms of ability, but he has no bottle as proved in 3 of our biggest games this season. (both cup exits, and Celtic away). Oh what I'd give to have a goalkeeper that can command his area and not be shoved off the ball by a wee nyaff like Griffiths.

Both have 1 years left on their contract and I can't see any of them being paid off, so hope Rogers is sent back out on loan for another season and can challenge, along with a new goalkeeper in two seasons time.

Alex, Jim Leighton is here at Dumbarton regularly and he cannot be any more impressed by a Goalkeeper who is playing under 21 football. Danny has helped us stay in the championship again this season.

The problem is that Jim Leighton has overseen countless cock-ups in our goalkeeeping department over an extensive period of time now. I have absolutely no faith in our team when it comes to goalkeepers.

I can't remember us having any better when Meldrum was GK coach. It's a pretty appalling state of affairs though, we need a decent keeper ASAP although I'd keep Brown to challenge for number 1.

Doesn't make Leighton any less shite. :P It's not like Langfield has improved at all in the last decade while I'm at it. Top coaching, that.

Doesn't make Leighton any less shite. :P It's not like Langfield has improved at all in the last decade while I'm at it. Top coaching, that.

That's unfair I'd say, Langfield's best season with us was last. He's not improved dramatically, but he's better than when he arrived. Whether that's down to coaching is debatable, I don't think Leighton has done a great job either, and he's involved with GK signings too. Let us not forget it was he who picked out Big Bert Bossu

That's unfair I'd say, Langfield's best season with us was last. He's not improved dramatically, but he's better than when he arrived. Whether that's down to coaching is debatable, I don't think Leighton has done a great job either, and he's involved with GK signings too. Let us not forget it was he who picked out Big Bert Bossu

I typed out a reply but I don't think a Langfield debate is what anyone needs right now...