The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think it's quite endearing that RandomGuy has become a Sheffield Wednesday fan as his hero moved to them.

Creepy but endearing. For example I know that Craig Forsyth plays for Derby so I will keep an eye on their results but I haven't got a clue who his positional rivals are, never mind their individual strengths and weaknesses.

Not as bad as Utd fans missing a Utd match and going to see Hull because a player who spent a season at their club plays there now tbf.

Rooney>May all day long.

If may is coming in it would suggest to me goodwillie is getting shifted. That said I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a few bids for Rooney in the summer. May is clearly talented but considering the promise of shankland I don't see the point of another striker unless one is leaving.

I don't get this hype over Shankland - has he made any impact whatsoever at premiership level?

He has only ever scored at league 1 level or below and yet you have Declan McManus on your books who has actually had a full season in the first team and scored more goals at that level.

I thought it might be a local lad thing but he's a weegie.

What makes him so much better than McManus?

To be fair, in terms of footballing ability, may is better than rooney. Another example is that Ciftci is better than rooney. Would still take rooney over those two every day of the week at spl level

Aberdeen FC's Pre-season fixture schedule:

Wednesday 24th June v Brechin, Glebe Park, Brechin, KO 7.45pm

Sunday 28th June v Opponent TBC

Sunday 12th July v Raith Rovers, Starks Park, Kirkcaldy, KO 3.00pm

Sunday 26th July v Brighton, Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen, KO 3.00pm

Could the TBC be waiting for the draw on 22nd June and potentially go away for a week if the first leg is away from home

mcmanus off to england according to alba (jim duffy) tonight

Be a bit harsh if Low, Robertson, Shaughnessy and McManus were all off with no compensation due considering theyve all been at club for years.

A few folk thinking the players to be released

will be announced this week

not sure of the rules!

A deal, at least equal to the current contract, must be offered to the player no later than 6 weeks(maybe more?) before he is OOC.

Also, i agree with the Jute. Shanks is pony.