The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

He's not bad for viewing figures and all that from the TV side. Absolutely worth a look. Eeesh, don't remind of those dark days.

They both definitely try hard enough. It's just really difficult to really see if they are ready due to playing championship level and not having a real marker to see what they can do at this level. There is definitely potential in the both of them, and I'd like to think a step up in level will push them on more than anything.

McHattie is good going forward, not so much defending, that ole cliché. Walker actually has been playing a few games in the centre for us and he's came on a bit out there!

I imagine that other than Reilly we are apparently working quite hard at scouting in the Alicante area with Neilson having already been out there a couple of times this summer. I think we will be mostly looking to scour the European market for players we can develop and selling on, which is fine by me as we'll probably be in a bit of a lull for youth products with our academy taking a beating in the last couple years. I don't a lot of these player's contracts properly expire until the end of the month though, so it wouldn't surprise me if we've already agreed a few deals and just having to wait a bit to find out for sure.

Right now, I don't think there will be much between the two and us this season with the way Dundee have strengthened and Dundee United's younger players with a season under their belts. Quite looking forward to going back there for both away days. Especially that Troll Inn pub for the cheap pint.

Utterly frustrating that we are now accepting half the money the loser in that bidding offered us. Tadcaster is bound to continue to cock it up this next time.

Certainly it did no harm for many of the young lads at Hamilton, who pushed on very well this campaign. The two lads have to look no further than NDP for inspiration. Anderson will have a good chance to grab a slot this season.

McHattie will develop with being back at the top level. Couldn't pick a better manager to learn from in respect of improving the defensive side of his game. Walker again will be another I imagine will push on impressively. Hopefully though he ends up in Graeme Shinnie's pocket against us!

That seems to make considerable sense, as it may allow 2 or 3 more experienced and cultured players to be brought in alongside the young lads at Tynecastle. There's definitely value in the European market, and it shouldn't be too tough to sell them on the merits of Edinburgh. We seem to have gone for a mix of picking off good players from smaller clubs in our league, combined with solid additions from the English diddy leagues and the odd loan signing. So far it has worked well under McInnes, the major one is a better keeper this summer.

Provided you strengthen in the right areas, you should target finishing above those two. Dundee have strengthened a bit, but fundamental flaws still lie in their back line. If United lose Shifty, even with their young lads a season further on in their development, they will likely be plagued with inconsistency. Muirhead impresses me, not the most naturally talented player but intelligent in his hold up play and movement. Souttar is a class act in holding midfield.

Apart from in the cups presumably?

Apart from that you are right though, the tankings aberdeen handed out to us last season are still fresh in my memory....

ETA - Aberdeen played the Dundee sides 10 times last season and got 3 wins.

Those will be the teams that finished 19 and 30 points behind Aberdeen respectively.

If you bother to read the post, it was in reference to where Hearts should be targeting as a League finish next season. Finishing above either Dundee team is achievable.

Main thing is you boys finish above those Dayglo b*****ds next season and assert yourself as Dundee's top team.

Those will be the teams that finished 19 and 30 points behind Aberdeen respectively.

If you bother to read the post, it was in reference to where Hearts should be targeting as a League finish next season. Finishing above either Dundee team is achievable.

Main thing is you boys finish above those Dayglo b*****ds next season and assert yourself as Dundee's top team.

We agree on the final part.

I work up in Aberdeen and have developed an almost instantaneous reflex to any mocking of Dundee FC by virtue of our decent record against you this season!

has signed for Aberdeen

Cracking shout!! I love, but hate the way we're doing transfers nowadays. It's brilliant that we can keep other clubs from poaching our players by not having long drawn out affairs but by Christ it makes the close season boring without it.

Anyway Joe min, welcome to the Dons and the Granite City! Hopefully a long and successful career and we can sell you for £10000000000 once we've won the Champions League.

Cracking shout!! I love, but hate the way we're doing transfers nowadays. It's brilliant that we can keep other clubs from poaching our players by not having long drawn out affairs but by Christ it makes the close season boring without it.

Anyway Joe min, welcome to the Dons and the Granite City! Hopefully a long and successful career and we can sell you for £10000000000 once we've won the Champions League.

McInnes doesnt share the transfer targets info with anyone at the club until deal agreed. Probably why there is less speculation etc than some previous managers.

Good to hear the lad say he was signing for a 'historic club with a fantastic following'.

Anyone good enough for Man City's youth setup should be looking to challenge for a first-team place.

That said, I remember being excited about the signing of Alex Notman back in the day.

Good to hear the lad say he was signing for a 'historic club with a fantastic following'.

Anyone good enough for Man City's youth setup should be looking to challenge for a first-team place.

That said, I remember being excited about the signing of Alex Notman back in the day.

Let's hope he's more Javan Vidal than Leon Mike although even that is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Let's hope he's more Javan Vidal than Leon Mike although even that is hardly a ringing endorsement.

There were 4 Man city academy players (that I can remember off the top of my head) on loan in the Scottish Premiership last season.

The good - denayer

The bad - drury, Plummer

The ugly (but decent) - guidetti.

Shows the range of abilities they have in these academies.

Bbc says he's for your development squad so presumably he's behind Rooney, goodwillie and shankland - would be good to see him break through but hopefully not at shanklands expense.

Disagree. While I hope he turns out to be a gem I don't think being part of the Man City youth set up automatically makes him a first team challenger.

Plenty Man City youth players get released at his age and go on to do absolutely nothing in the game.

That said, I am hopeful he proves me wrong!

Paul Quinn turns down the Dons. Obviously got a better offer elsewhere. Wonder which lower league English club he will turn up at. Or wonder if he's even Tannadice bound. Hopefully he hasn't turned us down as he's heard the manager is on his way to Ibrox.......

Paul Quinn turns down the Dons. Obviously got a better offer elsewhere. Wonder which lower league English club he will turn up at. Or wonder if he's even Tannadice bound. Hopefully he hasn't turned us down as he's heard the manager is on his way to Ibrox.......

Hardly the biggest transfer let down we've had over the years.

Next....

I'm pleased about this, was speaking to someone who works at county who said quinn is a little fond of the sauce and once got dragged out of an Inverness pub blootered singing sectarian pish

Edited by tlg1903